• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource DexNav UI 2023-08-03

JanMarx

Rookie
Are you using the github version?
Its a version there's no existis scripts in the scripts editor of RPG Maker XP, the scripts are in the data/scripts folder like this:
1649283282411.png
Sorry my english xD

phantombass

Cooltrainer
phantombass updated DexNav UI with a new update entry:

Updated to v20!

We've updated the script to be compatible with Essentials v20!

A small QOL update is that you can cancel a search by simply pressing the Back (Z) button and then you can restart the DexNav to hunt again, so that you don't need to leave and re-enter a route to hunt for a Pokémon.

The v19 DexNav script will still be supported for now, and the link to that is here:
DexNav v19 Download

Read the rest of this update entry...

sorryjzargo

Novice
I tried installing this but I got an error every time I opened the pause menu. I think the plugin is conflicting with Voltseon's Pause Menu
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
[Pokémon Essentials version 20]
[v20 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Exception: NameError

Backtrace:
[New DexNav] Script.rb:530:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:298:in `call_menu'
032:Scene_Map:206:in `update'
032:Scene_Map:227:in `block in main'
032:Scene_Map:224:in `loop'
032:Scene_Map:224:in `main'
386:Main:35:in `mainFunctionDebug'
386:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
014:Errors:80:in `pbCriticalCode'
386:Main:18:in `mainFunction'

Thunderbird games

Novice
hello, I'm having a problem where i've deleted the plugin beaucese it didn't fit my game but it keaps on getting loaded

Moliblazer

Rookie
Pretty sure the issues are in this section of the code:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
 class PokemonPauseMenu
   def pbStartPokemonMenu
     if !$player
       if $DEBUG
         pbMessage(_INTL("The player trainer was not defined, so the pause menu can't be displayed."))
         pbMessage(_INTL("Please see the documentation to learn how to set up the trainer player."))
       end
       return
     end
     @scene.pbStartScene
     # Show extra info window if relevant
     pbShowInfo
     if $close_dexnav != 1
       pbShowLevelCap if Settings::LEVEL_CAP_SWITCH
     end
     # Get all commands
     command_list = []
     commands = []
     MenuHandlers.each_available(:pause_menu) do |option, hash, name|
       command_list.push(name)
       commands.push(hash)
     end
     # Main loop
     end_scene = false
     loop do
       if !$currentDexSearch
         choice = @scene.pbShowCommands(command_list)
       else
         choice = -1
       end
       if choice < 0
         pbPlayCloseMenuSE if !$currentDexSearch
         end_scene = true
         break
       end
       break if commands[choice]["effect"].call(@scene)
     end
     if $close_dexnav != 0
       @scene.pbEndScene if end_scene
     end
   end
 end
Removing it and then adding the DexNav into Volteseon's menu seemed to work.

That said, I'm having my own problem with this script and it's that the DexNav menu lingers on the screen forever should you try to open it in an area with no encounters.

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
Hi there. Using v2.0 from May 16th. Can't get it to pop up in the Voltseon pause menu, but I've disabled that plugin temporarily so I can make sure DexNav works first.
When I try to open the dexnav, I get this error:
1658097187732.png

Using Pokémon essentials v19.1. Can you advise? I saw something about there being two scripts, but the version I downloaded only had one script.rb.

Ignitus

Charizard X trainer
I havent mentioned on discord but I look at the
Dexnav_new = true

So could it work like with it switch for making it available like a global switch.

View attachment 9723
I had this error, just pasted the codes above main, like this:
Did you copy it to the plugin folder it's clearly there and what version of PE you using?

Is it possible to add a ItemModifier so that for example not having broken abilities for a new playtrough so like a player.dexnav = true
something like that to make it balanced also I'm working on my project and want to make a new improved UI like in the GBA romhacks of Dexnavs just something to spice it up

RoyJohnson49

Novice
Is there any plans to update this UI? Because I'm interested in incorporating DexNav into my game but I'm also using day/night features in the game. Just wondering. I don't wish to sacrifice one for the other.

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!
The script is very cool!
To make it work though I had to first add a check if defined? LEVEL_CAP behind the @sprites["levelcapwindow"] stuff (lines 477 and 478)
Also added a && defined? Settings::LEVEL_CAP_SWITCH in line 537

Another issue is that on playing a new game $MapFactory (which is the same as $map_factory) seems to be null and therefore throws an error when checking the terrain tags. This can be resolved by saving and reloading the game which makes everything work fine. This is weird behaviour from essentials imo but it also affects this script.

Back