• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Following Pokemon EX

Resource Following Pokemon EX 2.2.3

NoNoNever

Dev from Pokémon Illusion, Pokémon Bloody Moon
i tried to update it, so far the only small bug i have is the small backport (1 tile) when entering a new map (like in the versions at the beginning) otherwise i don't know any bug at the moment

tammyclaydon

Novice
i tried to update it, so far the only small bug i have is the small backport (1 tile) when entering a new map (like in the versions at the beginning) otherwise i don't know any bug at the moment

just tried your update but doesnt seem to do anything so i could be doing something wrong. installed the plugin, animations and graphics recompiled and gone ingame and pressed 'a' but nothing happens gone into the options menu and nothing there either

LinKazamine

Champion
Have you used FollowingPkmn.start_following in some event after getting your pokémon? It can be in the event to pick up a starter, a random character in the map that activates it when talking to them or an automatic event that triggers once, activates it and then deactivates itself (the event, not the plugin).

That is the code that tells the plugin to start displaying the following pokémon. Since it's an update and had not mentioned any other way to activate it, I'm assuming they are using the same one.

tammyclaydon

Novice
ok i do seem to be getting an error when going onto sliding ice tiles

Code:
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.0]
[EBDX v1.4.1 (E21)]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `sliding' for #<PokemonGlobalMetadata>

Backtrace:
[Following Pokemon EX] Following Event.rb:60:in `straighten'
Game_FollowerFactory:259:in `block in update'
Game_FollowerFactory:249:in `each'
Game_FollowerFactory:249:in `each_with_index'
Game_FollowerFactory:249:in `update'
[Following Pokemon EX] Compatibility.rb:34:in `update'
Game_Player:425:in `update'
Scene_Map:168:in `block in update'
Scene_Map:166:in `loop'
Scene_Map:166:in `update'

if i remove the plugin it works fine but crashes with the plug in enabled

NoNoNever

Dev from Pokémon Illusion, Pokémon Bloody Moon
ok i do seem to be getting an error when going onto sliding ice tiles

Code:
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.0]
[EBDX v1.4.1 (E21)]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `sliding' for #<PokemonGlobalMetadata>

Backtrace:
[Following Pokemon EX] Following Event.rb:60:in `straighten'
Game_FollowerFactory:259:in `block in update'
Game_FollowerFactory:249:in `each'
Game_FollowerFactory:249:in `each_with_index'
Game_FollowerFactory:249:in `update'
[Following Pokemon EX] Compatibility.rb:34:in `update'
Game_Player:425:in `update'
Scene_Map:168:in `block in update'
Scene_Map:166:in `loop'
Scene_Map:166:in `update'

if i remove the plugin it works fine but crashes with the plug in enabled
Thanks for the error message, I am in the process of moving, in time and when my computer is up again I will fix the error

tammyclaydon

Novice
Thanks for the error message, I am in the process of moving, in time and when my computer is up again I will fix the error
thanks i'll remove it for now when its fixed i'll readd

EDIT

well made a temp fix of just commenting the affected lines out seems to work for now at least

Last edited:

tammyclaydon

Novice
that fixed the sliding issue also seems to have fixed the issue that the follower occasionally goes into impassable tiles altho only done a quick test on that. had to turn the impassible follower off for now as it affects for scripted movment of npcs that atm i cant be bothered to fix but when i do that'll be reenabled

LinKazamine

Champion
You have to download the v21.1 version in the comments here. In fact, the link is just 2 comments above yours.

J_Does...Something

King Of The Pirates

You have to download the v21.1 version in the comments here. In fact, the link is just 2 comments above yours.
Lol Ik, I was asking the creator. Thanks for trying to help out tho, I appreciate it lol.

LinKazamine

Champion
Well, the creator said, in the last update (and by that I mean the last post in the updates), that they will not be maintaining this plugin. Users are free to modify, make adds or update the plugin, though. Or you could talk to the creator to see if you can pay them to update it like it was done with the Gen 8 Pack.

Jedahjony

Novice

Same, this thing is so weird.
I think this problem has more to do with the transition time on the map than with the Following_pokemon event.
By changing frame_rate to time that transition may not be entirely smooth.

Have you been able to fix it?

http404error

Discord: http404error#4585
I found a small issue with the plugin that causes your follower not to always update correctly after battle when your follower fainted.

The "self." shown below is missing from def after_battle in BattleCreationHelperMethods:

1694938105289.png

Aliyah Lizard

Rookie
its not being updated anymore? Awh, this plugin was literally game changing, I have seen it used in so many of the newest awesome games

LinKazamine

Champion
If you are asking if the creator is updating it, the answer is no. But someone else took the time to update it for 21. If you scroll up a bit you should find the link.

LavaisLava

Rookie
Hey i was trying to find the followers for v21.1 and when using it i get this error

[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Script error in event 10 (coords 18,30), map 119 (Aspen's Lab)
Exception: SystemStackError

***Full script:
FollowingPkmn.start_following

Backtrace:
[Following Pokemon EX] Compatibility.rb:53:in `initialize'