• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Following Pokemon EX

Resource Following Pokemon EX 2.2.3

HDrawer

Rookie
Hey, thanks for the update! :D
I have 2 bugs :/
First, I couldn't take a video, but my follower is going slow....

Bug.png

Second, this happens when I died in battle:
[Pokémon Essentials version 20]
[v20 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `remove_except_following_pkmn' for #<Game_FollowerFactory>

Backtrace:
[Following Pokemon EX] Misc.rb:121:in `clear'
050:Game_FollowerFactory:428:in `pbRemoveDependencies'
237:Overworld_MapTransitionAnims:123:in `pbStartOver'
[Following Pokemon EX] Misc.rb:93:in `pbStartOver'
240:Overworld_BattleStarting:612:in `block in <main>'
035:Event_Handlers:89:in `block in trigger'
035:Event_Handlers:89:in `each_value'
035:Event_Handlers:89:in `trigger'
036:Event_HandlerCollections:63:in `trigger'
240:Overworld_BattleStarting:308:in `after_battle'

Thanks for all (and sorry my english XD)

Edit: The first bug is an incompatibility with Marin's Enhanced Staircases

VoxITH

Trainer
What is Battle scripting ex? When i launch the debug mod, the game says "Battle scripting EX" is required. Did i miss anything in the instruction?

GunnarS

Rookie
Thank you very much for putting out this update. I was so hesitant to start porting my game to v20 because of follow Pokémon. The v20 update works great. You guys rock!

JohnRoe

Rookie
Hey, thanks for the update! :D
I have 2 bugs :/
First, I couldn't take a video, but my follower is going slow....

View attachment 10349

Second, this happens when I died in battle:
[Pokémon Essentials version 20]
[v20 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `remove_except_following_pkmn' for #<Game_FollowerFactory>

Backtrace:
[Following Pokemon EX] Misc.rb:121:in `clear'
050:Game_FollowerFactory:428:in `pbRemoveDependencies'
237:Overworld_MapTransitionAnims:123:in `pbStartOver'
[Following Pokemon EX] Misc.rb:93:in `pbStartOver'
240:Overworld_BattleStarting:612:in `block in <main>'
035:Event_Handlers:89:in `block in trigger'
035:Event_Handlers:89:in `each_value'
035:Event_Handlers:89:in `trigger'
036:Event_HandlerCollections:63:in `trigger'
240:Overworld_BattleStarting:308:in `after_battle'

Thanks for all (and sorry my english XD)

Edit: The first bug is an incompatibility with Marin's Enhanced Staircases
I have the same problem with followers being slow, but I do not have marin's enhanced staircases

Plugins:
-> Loaded plugin: v20 Hotfixes (ver. 1.0.1)
-> Loaded plugin: Generation 8 Pack Scripts (ver. 1.0.0)
-> Loaded plugin: Following Pokemon EX (ver. 2.2.0)

Here it is in action:

Last edited:

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
I have the same problem with followers being slow, but I do not have marin's enhanced staircases
Read the installation instructions carefully, especially step 6.

Hallow

Novice
unknown.png
unknown.png

Can we adjust the distance between the player and the pokemon because for taller pokemons it does not look as good as smaller ones with gen 4 overworld character sprites ?

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer

jutte

Rookie
Hello!
Is there a way to have a specific Pokémon follow you even if you don't have it in your team?

ProjectIndigo

Rookie
Hi,

I understand that this version of the script is only compatible with Pokemon Essentials V.20

Where can I find the older version that would be compatible with 19.1?

TheDizzy1

Novice
I started working on my old 19.1 project and it has the older version in it... how do I activate it?

driffychris

Rookie
Trying to use this plugin and even though it seems to be compiling according to the debug console, none of my follow events are working, nor can I see the in-game option mentioned for toggling followers. Is the script just not loading correctly or something? I've tried installing this on a fresh v20 folder with only v20 Hotfixes and the Gen8 Pack, still with no luck.

Ott

My crown is made from the Yellow Pages

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
An huge thx. By the way, do you intend to update the pokemon amie/refresh script, since that it "was abandoned" (i think thats abandoned, but i could be wrong)? A fellow of mine updated it for PE v18, the only thing "missing" is the pet thing, where it is supposed to hold the mouse up and down, instead of simply click on the pokemon like in the original. I can give you a copy of the script, if you like. I'm just asking, because it has some connection to the follower pokemon script, where the player talk to the pokemon, and a question is asking the player if they want to talk or play with the pokemon. If you don't plant to update it, its ok, i'm just asking, since that you've improved the follower pokemon so much until these days. I normally use pokemon amie for happiness prupose and to see its lvs, this way i can more or less know if a pokemon that evolves with friendship, is about to evolve or not.

My_Game_Account

Rookie
I've just downloaded Essentials v20.1 as a clean install and am having the same problem as

driffychris. Trying to use this plugin and even though it seems to be compiling according to the debug console, none of my follow events are working, nor can I see the in-game option mentioned for toggling followers.​

Mashirosakura

With my wishes frozen in time and long forgotten
Discord Mod
Trying to use this plugin and even though it seems to be compiling according to the debug console, none of my follow events are working, nor can I see the in-game option mentioned for toggling followers. Is the script just not loading correctly or something? I've tried installing this on a fresh v20 folder with only v20 Hotfixes and the Gen8 Pack, still with no luck.

I've just downloaded Essentials v20.1 as a clean install and am having the same problem as

driffychris. Trying to use this plugin and even though it seems to be compiling according to the debug console, none of my follow events are working, nor can I see the in-game option mentioned for toggling followers.​

How are you two setting up the follower event? Pokémon don't just automatically follow when you have the plugin installed. You need to call the script command in an event as stated in the Usage of Script section.

Back