• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Following Pokemon EX

Resource Following Pokemon EX 2.2.3

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Golisopod User submitted a new resource:

Following Pokemon EX - Highly Improved version of the Following Pokemon script by help14 and mej71 for Essentials v18

LvP8gqlLZ3.gif
lkwXml4ZOA.gif
k32VTe1ZyB.gif
6XnOaqiJDc.gif

Read more about this resource...

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
unknown.png

encountered this error, despite doing exactly what the thingy says ;;
Delete the old version of the script lol

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Use Ctrl+Shift+F and look for def pbToggleFollowingPokemon and if you find this line anywhere other than in Follower_Main then delete it.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Ah, it may be Marin's Shadow Script. Should I delete the entirety of this portion, then, or change a specific part?
I'm kinda bummed that you didn't read the instructions. This has been covered there.

Ozander

Ozander
Soon I will be able to format the next back sprites HGSS, so I will format sprites that match this (the ones without the ball throwing animation), someone would just need to script to show only when we select the first pokemon.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Soon I will be able to format the next back sprites HGSS, so I will format sprites that match this (the ones without the ball throwing animation), someone would just need to script to show only when we select the first pokemon.
Cool

Ozander

Ozander
Follow_Battle.gif

I also formatted the sprite!
I don't know what it looks like in the safari zone...

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Yes, you did do something wrong. What you did was create an event called Follower_Common_Event instead of actually creating a common event.

View attachment 1300
I also formatted the sprite!
I don't know what it looks like in the safari zone...
Bruh this was literally included in the script itself but yeah congratulations!

amberstar2604

Rookie
I'm new to this so can somebody give me a step by step simple tutorial because I don't understand the normal steps that well.

SkyArmyRecru1t

Pokémon Master
Is it possible to control movements of the follower Pokémon, like say you have an event and you need your follower Pokémon to move out of the way or you want your Pokémon to turn towards something (like your rival walking up to you or something of that sort)? Only thing I could think of was using a move route on the FollowerPkmn event but yeah that doesn't work

salar.kaplan

Rookie
i didn't understand the instructions either :/
  1. In the Database Option, create a new Common Event with the ID number of Follower_Common_Event from Follower_Config. It should have only one script command in it pbTalkToFollower. what to do here ? Please note that I've just begun with this for fun and don't have any programming skills prior to this :)

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
i didn't understand the instructions either :/

Look in the Follower_Config script. Do you see Follower_Common_Event? Look at the number that Follower_Common_Event is equal to and note it down.

Now go in Database. Now look for a blank event under Common Events tab. It should have the same ID Number as the number you noted from above.

In that event, add the script command "pbTalkToFollower"

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Is it possible to control movements of the follower Pokémon.

Yes, you can use the script command followingMoveRoute and apply pbMoveRoute Commands

Back