• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon: Blossom of the Soul

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
Pokémon: Blossom of the Soul
R6jzGPb.png

Pokémon: Blossom of the Soul is completed and now is available on Relic Castle!
I spent a ton of time on this game and making sure that it's pretty different than my other previous fan games.
There's so many changes and new features, some brought back from my older games, and some completely new. I can't wait to list them.
Without further ado, let the list begin!
Originally released October 3rd, 2020
Made using Pokémon Essentials version 17.2. (still haven't moved onto 18.1 yet)

New & Updated Features
A Completely New Region! - Say hello to the Caracara region! More info below.
Overworld Encounters - Wild Pokémon are visible in the overworld, as they are in Sword and Shield.
Skilled Mode - Skilled Mode scales wild and opponent-owned Pokémon to be a bit higher or lower depending on your team. Looking for a challenge? Try Skilled Mode!
Randomizer Mode - Every wild encounter and gift Pokémon is completely random. Overworld encounters appear the same, but are random once the battle commences.
Single Pokémon Run - The ability to choose any Pokémon at all (all 890 in-game) to use, without getting more, no evolution. Option in the beginning of the game.
Multiple Save Files - The maximum amount of saves is 10, which is plenty to have. They can be deleted anytime.
Check Encounters - Check all wild encounters in an area on your Pokégear, anytime.
The Move Master - Not a completely new feature, but the Move Master has been moved to only being in Pokémon Centers, due to the possibility of players getting stuck previously. He can remember moves, delete moves, check Hidden Power, and check friendship, all for free.
Pokémon Birthsigns - Although they play less of an important role in the game, they are still here, and are still very helpful! More info on them is in-game on the Pokégear.
The Stats Judge - Now in the Summary screen, appearing as the colored letters. Super helpful to see which stats a Pokémon excels or does not excel in.
Unreal Time System - The game runs the Unreal Time System, which means time runs faster in-game than real life.
Generation 8 Pokémon & Moves - All non-legendary (save for a few exceptions) Generation 8 Pokémon and moves are now available to be used! This also includes all past generations, and Galarian forms as well.
Walking Pokémon - Walk alongside your favorite Pokémon. Yes, this includes the previously-mentioned Generation 8 Pokémon. Press 'Ctrl' to enable and disable.
Pokémon Box System - A returning feature, the ability to access the Pokémon Storage System anywhere.
Updated Movesets - All Pokémon in-game have their Sword & Shield movesets. However, due to the removal of moves in said game, I added the removed move to the Pokémon's movesets via TM, Egg Move, or to be remembered at the Move Master.
Updated Day Care mechanics - The Day Care works as it does in Generation 7 and later; no leveling up, just for breeding and finding Pokémon Eggs.
Other Pokémon Changes - In my older games, a lot of details on Pokémon were incorrect, especially Generation 6. These have been fixed! This includes Abilities and movesets.
Improved Quest System - The Quest System has received an update, and looks better than before.
Generation 5 & 6 Back Sprite Edits - The Generation 5 and 6 back sprites looked odd before. Now, they look much better. (Again, credits below.)
Beldum - Yes, Beldum is still available.
HM Items - Field moves are still usable, but can also be used by items you receive throughout your journey.
Speed-Up Button - It's here, for those who want it. Press 'Alt' to enable or disable anytime.
Quests - 25 Quests in total in a normal playthrough of the game. (Technically 26, but... spoilers.)

The Caracara Region!
UNKRQp9.png

The Caracara region is the new region in the spotlight this time! It's based on the Florida Keys, part of Miami, Florida, parts of the Everglades, and even the Bermuda Triangle.
it's comprised of several islands, which can all be reached by boat.

The Story
With the new region, brings a whole new story! It is separate from my other games, which is different than usual. You do not have to play my older games to understand the story.
However,
some parts of the story will make more sense if you play Tentin Redux, The Light in Our Hearts, and The Camry Legend 2 before hopping in this game!

The Caracara region, although far apart from Camry, Tentin, or Dulyn, is a popular destination for all Trainers in the entire world. Due to its status as a melting pot, many opposing ideas
combine.
Many years before the events of the story, a mysterious group of people named the Island Protection Squad pledged to revive the region, which was struggling with climate change and pollution.
Unfortunately, the group assumed too much power, and destroyed one of the islands. Due to this sudden act, they were banished from the region, then later disbanded.
Present day, you and your friend go on a journey with two characters, a kind girl named Myrtle, and a mysterious, aggressive, and sword-wielding girl nicknamed Blade. You travel through the Caracara region, still feeling the effects of the Island Protection Squad all those years ago.

Screenshots
rE2TVWL.png

D3MQ6cK.png

bkN0Xu3.png

jQHEvGG.png

5BKXiHq.png

Cmaz8W7.png

MdIQhe3.png

7zTMGsu.png

tmxx7j9.png

Latest Bugfixes and Additions
  • - Note: Updates will no longer add new content, and only minor bugfixes as I focus on the main development of my next game, using Essentials 18.1
    • Fixed Blipbug's and Volcarona's BST.
    • Fixed Minior not having its stats differ when it is in its Core Form.
    • Removed TM10 Hidden Power from the Outlaw Guild because it's already given by the Coach Trainer on Route 3.
    • The Stats Judge is now a part of the Move Master in every Pokémon Center. Enjoy!
    • The Elite Four's and Champion's teams are now 10 levels higher during rematches.
    • Fixed Powder move not working in battles.
    • While playing the Single Pokemon Run, only the Good Ending can be initiated (the harder path, actually), to ensure everyone stays on the same path. (This is mostly for my Discord to dissuade possible oversights.)

Known Bugs & Oversights
  • The overworld encounters may block a Trainer's view, allowing the player to pass by the Trainer.
  • Scorbunny's overworld sprite is huge. I can't find a smaller sprite...
  • Kubfu, Urshifu, Calyrex, Regieleki, Regidrago, Zarude, and the other post-DLC new Pokémon cannot be added to the game, as not enough info was known at the time I released this game. If I added them, it would cause bugs that would be hard to fix without forcing people to start a new save, which doesn't seem to be a good idea. However, the new regional forms have still been added.
  • Wimp Out and Emergency Exit don't activate in wild battles.
  • Indeedee may be male or female in either form, but not always.
  • Skilled Mode may not scale properly when playing. To fix, go to Professor Rose's lab and inspect the phone on the back wall to turn off Skilled Mode, then turn it back on, if you wish.

Download
Version 1.3.0, December 20th, 2020
Download HERE

Website
Currently, there is a wiki of Blossom of the Soul on Wikia, started by me, and edited all by me. It's hard work, and nowhere near done, but if you want to read more about the game's backstory and lore, give it a read here.

Discord
I finally made a Discord for Pokémon: Blossom of the Soul. It's for chatting with others who play this game, reporting bugs, and recruiting for my future projects, such as Project: Revival. And now, with Project: Revival on the horizon, you can suggest a feature you want in the game, and I'll carefully consider it!. Anyone is welcome to join. Hopefully we can get people in here. If you message me on Discord, I'll respond quicker.
Join here!

Credits
Pokémon Essentials v.17.2 - Maruno, Flameguru, Peter O., AvatarMonkeyKirby, Luka S.J., Boushy, MiDas Mike Brother1440, Near Fantastica, FL., PinkMan, Genzai Kawakami, Popper, help-14, Rataime, IceGod64, SoundSpawn Jacob O. Wobbrock, the__end, KitsuneKouta, Venom12, Lisa Anthony, Wachunga

RPG Maker XP - Enterbrain

Pokémon Birthsigns / Zodiac Powers - Lucidious89

Improved Quest System - Marin

Advanced Pokédex, Roulette minigame, Unreal Time System - FL

Wild Hidden Ability script - Scyl, NettoHikari, Marin

Text Skip feature - Amethyst

Learn Moves Upon Evolution - Crystal Noel, Zerokid

Gen. 7 sprites - thedarkdragon11

USUM sprites - Leparagon, Amethyst

Night Sky background - TowardsThePantheon

Following Pokémon - Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71

Disguise script - Poq

Improved D/P/Pt Font - Peter O., Mr. Gela

Skilled Mode script - Umbreon, Joltik

B/W Gen. 3 style overworld sprites - Mashirosakura, Young-Dante

DE Music Themes - Dead Ends

BP System - SunakazeKun

Band Room (Myrtle Estate) Tileset - derlo, SDV, Shardi, Mi, Logiedent, Phyromatical, Sharm

Lava tiles - DormDude, Rayquaza-dot

Summary Screen Graphics - Akizakura16

Poké Transfer Scripts - xLeD, Harshboy, rigbycwts

Overworld Item Graphics - Wergan, PurpleAladdin

Sewer tileset - aveontrainer, Kyle Dove, Kane89

Encounter List - raZ, Nuri Yuri, Vendily, Savordez, Marin

Gen 1 Tileset - CynthiaCelestic

Arceus Fairy Backsprite - XtraLucas

New Ability Capsule script - WolfPP

Poké Ball icon in battle - FL

Roaming icons script - FL

Improved Gen. 5 Back Sprites - Dreadwing93

Improved Gen. 6 Front and Back Sprites
Gen VI 64x64, Gen VII 64x64, Chamber, Solo993, N-Kin, WAH!,
PiaCarrot, Zorgoth120, Incufan120, Fexiled,
Hooded Bird, Zerudez, XY Sprite Proj.,
Monnotonnous Pixels, Vale98PM, Dragonball23,
Axel-Comics, Noscium, Faintster, Skeetendo User,
Mylittlekeldeo, Tor2005, Lakeofdance, Neslug,
Jozzer26, Fenne-King, SupahSanti, Leparagon,
Falgaia MrDollSteak, Chaos Rush, Layell, Spherical Ice,
princessofmusic, Sky High, Wobblebuns, Redrooster, N-Kin, Zerudez,
SupahSnivy, Branflakes325, Legitimate Username, aXl, Superjub,
Seiku88, Gexeys, al199288, Sleet, The Cynical Poet,
Noscium,Tayub1221, SSJ4 Furanki, Arkeis, Quanyails,
Orchid, GeoisEvil, Wyverii, Vale98PM, thedarkdragon11,
TrainerSplash, MilanesaCosmic, Fridave, Versekr Dark,
Nordk, Hoenn, GOLDstandard, Doesntknowhowtoplay, Thundrake,
orly32123, Criminon Slowpoke13, Soloo993, Dursem,
Derxwna Kapsyla, Dreadwing93

Gen 7 & Gen. 8 Abilities, moves, scripts
Zeak6464, TapuFini, SpartaLazor, leparagon,
Bulbapedia, Serebii ,M3rein, BlackOutG5,
Rune, Rigbycwts, Rot8er_ConeX, James Davy,
Luka S.J., WolfPP

Galarian Slowbro overworld sprite - WolfPP

Ribombee and Stufful overworld sprite - SweeperSnivy

Various Overworld Sprites - aveontrainer, PurlpleZaffre, Starsparkless, MrDollSteak

Dancer Ability -mybusiness

Day and Night Shading feature - Deo

Replace Party Pokémon Script - Jonas930

Meltan overworld sprite - NicoMts

Friendship Checker Script - Alaguesia

Gen. 8 Sprites - leParagon, Crocovyle, Cynda, KingOfThe-X-Roads, JaegerLucciano23, SageDeoxys, Z-nogryoP, G.E.Z.

Galarian Zigzagoon Overworld Sprite - Larryturbo

Visible Overworld Encounters - derFischae

Overworld Item Descriptions - Boonzeet

Multiple Save Files - JessWishes

Footprints Script - KleinStudio

Cissy sprite - starsparkless

Name Windows - Mr. Gela

Ice Palace Tiles - Magiscarf

Reborn Animations - Amethyst, Jan, Inuki, Smeargletail, Mde, Koyo

Reborn SFX - Amethyst, Pokemon Mystery Universe

Reborn Graphic Rip - Neslug

FIRELIGHT TECHNOLOGIES PTY LTD. - FMOD Ex API
Enterbrain - RGSS
Nuri Yuri - RGSS Linker, RGSS FmodEx, Audio (FmodEx)
GiraPrimal - LOOP_TABLE

HM Items - derFischae

Caracara region map - Pokeminer20
"Going Different Ways", "Drafty Places"
by Eric Matyas

I hope you all enjoy your time in the Caracara region! You are all breathtaking.
Your feedback is important.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or cries of outrage, feel free to reach out to me! I'll respond as quickly as possible. I'm always doing nothing anyway.

Last edited:

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
If the person is still standing there, then why not check the Quest Log? If it says to go search for the Gym Leader, but it's blocked, you skipped something. It's not a bug because I've seen many people do it.
For the post game, there's plenty to do, like finish up the game story by going to the Resort Island from my older games, and collecting many Legendary Pokémon.

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
i mean lol there are times where you can pick what your character says, curious about what they mean
I kinda am not sure? It's just what you choose it what your character says in-game.

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
which fan game of yours do you recommend after playing this? cuz i'm looking for new poke games to play
You should try Camry Legend 2, but then you'd have to play Camry Legend.
Or just wait for Project: Revival's demo in April.

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
does camry legend have the updated mechanics like reusable tms and no hms or is it old fashioned?
Camry Legend 1 is more old fashioned, and I only say to play it to get the story of Camry Legend 2.

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
What are your other games?
Although I don't really want to recommend my older games, since they're somewhat buggy, but they are Camry Legend, Tentin Redux, The Light in Our Hearts, Camry Legend 2, Blossom of the Soul, and coming up will be Project: Revival.

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
why isn't there hoenn starter mega stones in this game?
Because I couldn't find the sprites that fit with the rest, unfortunately. Again, I don't have a spriter for my game.

Back