• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon The New Order [BETA V3.0 RELEASED]

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
DJsTgIa.png

Pokémon The New Order
Poster.png

gpJwJPw.png

About the Fan Game
Pokémon The New Order is an RPG XP Game that I've been developing since April 2020, probably due to boredom but most likely because I've always wanted to try and create my own Pokémon game!
The game is a fangame made in RPG Maker XP and in no way do I receive any profit or monetary compensation for it. I have made this game under fair use laws and do not intend to breach those.
The game takes place in the Fabelle region, a brand-new place with lots of new challenges to take on!
However, the game is inspired by colonelsalt's Team Rocket Edition ROM Hack. That means the gameplay will take an unexpected turn. This isn't your usual Pokémon game with you being a child completing your dream as a champion...

3M1rxf6.png

The Plot
You finally make your dream come true. Through your contacts, you manage to join the infamous Team Cipher, the dominant mafia group in the whole region of Fabelle!
Complete numerous missions and climb up the ranks to fulfill your very own destiny! Develop bonds with your teammates!
Fight off other villainous groups to reach the top!
Discover the dark side of Fabellian history and all the secrets the government has been keeping away from the public eye!

Xx1D325.png

Screenshots
fbZKtPj.png
RvsJupo.png
A03fGM8.png
UMHr7bK.png
yKVmSMg.png
L43pReA.png
x4ySFn7.png
QuAdyKV.png
zY4iTfC.png
moUfFzH.png
SGSsyEg.png
ne9z3mf.png
8AIGTge.png
7AGI8eA.png
qMenoMo.png
AT0JCys.png
VBDQEPi.png
0mtlrZW.png
XJw39fM.png
eHZj06m.png
ypkTgJy.png
MmfXWnP.png

GIFs (outdated)
WHaDKyA.gif
VJxoQFx.gif
RRrJOyg.gif

l9g0rBT.png

Features

The whole new region of Fabelle!

gFfdgTM.png

Many new locations to explore and many new trainers to battle!

Gen. VI Pokémon
While it may not be anything too new anymore, Fairy Type and Gen VI Pokémon are included in the game.
A unique, branching story
Play the game, while making choices that branch the game, changing the story as you progress, and determining how the characters see you.
Gen 3 style map
The whole game gives off a nostalgic vibe from the old gen 3
Mechanics and abilities up to Gen 9
With Gen 9 Pokémon come their abilities!
Miscelanous features that improve the gameplay
More features, like HMs for items, reusable TMs, nature changers, an item updating your current objective and more...

TBlZlB3.png

Download
DOWNLOAD BETA V3.0

DOWNLOAD BETA V2.1

DOWNLOAD BETA V1.0

JjuWa1k.png

FAQ
None, at the moment, but if there are any, they'll be in this section.

jbWmEBt.png

Credits
Of course, I didn't make most of the assets used in the game. In this spoiler I've listed people whom I'd like to thank for their work, since without them, this wouldn't even exist.
If you notice any asset you created in this game and you're not listed in the spoiler, I am terribly sorry. Message me and I'll quickly add you to the credits.
If you see me using your work and you haven't stated it's completely free to use and are dissatisfied with me using it, message me and I'll work out the situation.

(Credits are bound to change as more Betas are released)
SPECIAL THANKS
Thundaga (aka Camoo)
fubuki
Shishiboo
Rru
==============================================================================
SPRITES:
aveontrainer
Lolw3e932
Young-Dante
Jan
Voltseon
carmaniac
PurpleZaffre
MUSIC:
Zame
HoopsVGM
Nintendo
SCRIPTS AND PLUGINS:
• mej71

HM Items
• Marin

Overworld Shadows:
• Marin

Marin's Scripting Utilities:
• Marin

Speed up Script:
• Marin

Fancy badges script:
• Luka S.J
• fancy badges from Zeak

Modular Title Screen:
• Luka S.J.

• Elite Battle System?:
Luka S.J

• bubble text by carmaniac
• Advanced Starter Selection by shiney570

Sound Effects:
• GameFreak | Original sound effects from B/W/2 games?
• BadSamaritan | Ripping the sound effects

Modular pause menu
• Luka S.J.

GEN 6 ADDITION:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=314567
ActionReplayer
Amethyst
Bazaro
Branflakes325
Conyjams
DatLopunnyTho
dDialgaDiamondb
Deadwing93
Falgaia
fishbowlsoul90
GeoIsEvil
Janichroma
kaji atsu
Kevfin
Koyo
Kyle Dove
Lepargon
Lord-Myre
LuijiPlayer
Misterreno
MrDollSteak
N-kin
Noscium
Pikafan2000
Pokemon Trainer Jackey
princess-phoenix
Quanyails
Smeargletail
Smogon S/M Sprite Project
The cynical poet
Vale98PM
Xtreme1992
Zermonious
Zumi
POKEMON
GameFreak
Nintendo
ThePokemonCompany
POKEMON ESSENTIALS:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
With contributions from:
Boushy
Brother1440
FL.
Genzai Kawakami
help-14
IceGod64
Jacob O. Wobbrock
Lisa Anthony
MiDas Mike
Near Fantastica
PinkMan
Popper
Rataime
SoundSpawn
the__end
Venom12
Wachunga
and everyone else who helped out
RPG MAKER:
Enterbrain

If you find any bugs, errors or typos, be sure to message me

Last edited:

Pe_Zero

Novice
How far into the story does this download go?
It uses missions, rather than gyms, but this beta allows you to complete 4 of them, which sums up to around 6-7 hours of gameplay and your Pokemon should be around level 24-25 by the end of the beta.

Devinator

Novice
When last was it worked on?

The game is actually great, the story is wonderful also the selection for the starters. Very unique

And I was just wondering if you'd consider allowing evolution without trade since there no link to trade

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer

Genocio

Rookie
Question: I am at the part where the one girl has to go back to her hometown and ask her family to fund Team Cipher, but where do I go to battle Team Trouble and progress through the story?

andreasg

Rookie
First of all the game is really great. Nice work <3.

First question. I just saw that there is a version 3 of the game, is there any way to transfer my progress of the version 2.2 I am currently playing to version 3?
Second question. I got the Deciphering device from the big boss and they told me to go to the professors lab, how do I go there?

And I found a bug. Right before I went and talk with the boss and get the Deciphering device, I got a phone call the the fossil dude. But when I go to him and battle him, after getting the Deciphering device from the boss, the game crash when I select the root fossil.

Thanks

Avenging

Novice
Oh very cool. I like the concept of not being the typical hero.
One big problem I have though with the game. This is what fullscreen on my 2nd monitor looks like.
1695674908052.png

Sadly the current RPG Maker version you used also blocked window maximization/resolution upscaling otherwise this wouldn't be a problem.

Pe_Zero

Novice
Question: I am at the part where the one girl has to go back to her hometown and ask her family to fund Team Cipher, but where do I go to battle Team Trouble and progress through the story?
You can always use your Cipher Phone (a new item you can get at the HQ or the Lab) to see the general direction for the future, it's really useful! But if I understand correctly, you should go to Route 23, South of Henko.
First of all the game is really great. Nice work <3.

First question. I just saw that there is a version 3 of the game, is there any way to transfer my progress of the version 2.2 I am currently playing to version 3?
Second question. I got the Deciphering device from the big boss and they told me to go to the professors lab, how do I go there?

And I found a bug. Right before I went and talk with the boss and get the Deciphering device, I got a phone call the the fossil dude. But when I go to him and battle him, after getting the Deciphering device from the boss, the game crash when I select the root fossil.

Thanks
Heh, thanks a lot! I tried my best
No need to transfer anything! You can just download the third version, hit play and you're good to go to continue where you left off in version 2.2!
YOu should head there through Atimo City to the East, to Glimmerview Town.

Hm, are you playing on Beta 2.2 or Beta 3.0? Cuz I reckon I fixed that in the newest version
Oh very cool. I like the concept of not being the typical hero.
One big problem I have though with the game. This is what fullscreen on my 2nd monitor looks like.
View attachment 21518
Sadly the current RPG Maker version you used also blocked window maximization/resolution upscaling otherwise this wouldn't be a problem.
Thanks a lot! And hm, now that is a first. I'll see if there are any solutions to this, but for now, I'd only recommend playing on your first monitor if possible or playing on a Large screen size ;0

Hellparkour

Game Analyser
I'll make a full review after am done with all the sidequests I've missed after seeing some messages up ahead, but I'd had few questions concerning these points :

• On that point, the 4 ranks accessible would be Grunt, Lieutenant, Admin, Executive?
  • Does a Move Tutor exists somewhere? I've got a Ninetales since a while and not having a flamethrower on it is just sad.
  • After being raided at "our Cypher base" if we return to the city, will it be a good idea to post police officers which battles you or tries to capture you there?
  • Finaly, is there... I don't know... a way to be greedy and use Darkrai, Celebi and Cobaltium? (Not that I want to use them to fight that Poison dude that just mocks at us...) Shizome did used Cobaltium after all...

pokeplayer05

Rookie
How can I evolve my primeape there is no rage fist move in this generation

And there is no razer fang either my gligar is urging to evolve can you update this in your next update

Last edited by a moderator:

kienevermire

Rookie
Hi, I am trying to play this on a Linux system and whenever I run it in WINE it gives an error dealing with RGSSFmodEx.dll, does anyone know a solution for this? Also I tried an older version an that has worked so far.

Back