• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
HGSS for RMXP

Resource HGSS for RMXP 1.2

DrifterFox

Rookie
Just as TruePotatoQ stated, I too don't fully understand. I removed the dotted lines and organized them to be in one long line just like normal tilesets. However, the yellow and purple seemed to stay when I put in the sprites. Not to mention, the sprites seem small. I'm unsure if that is just the gen4 style or if I did something wrong.

Shads42

Rookie
Stupid question but...are the tiles perhaps too small for RPGMaker XP? I tried making a map but they look like they've been half-sized...am I doing something wrong?

Shads42

Rookie
Scaling them up by using my resizing tools makes the edges look all fuzzy though...like here I have screenshots of some of the rocks on the tilesheet. Scaled is on the right, unscaled is on the left, and the unscaled is a lot sharper. I get the same results regardless if I resize by 200% or if I manually double the pixel dimensions

Attachments

• Nature_Scaled.png
    Nature_Scaled.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 214
  • Nature_unscaled.png
    Nature_unscaled.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 219

Shads42

Rookie
Make sure nearest neighbor is on.
...this is probably going to be a really stupid question (and I am sorry if it is I am new to using tilesets outside of the ones that came with Essentials) but what is the "nearest neighbor" thing?

Edit: nevermind apparently it's not an rpg maker setting it's a gimp setting. ty for the help Tech and Rhatios ^^ And since I have neglected to say it already (and I do apologize for it) tyvm SirMalo for compiling this resource ^^

Last edited:

neesax

Rookie
Hey outrivaled :)

It means you have to create a new file with the tiles you want to use. RMXP uses a specific format for the tilesets, so the picture you're gonna use must be 256px large. But as RMXP only allow 32x32 tiles and Pokémon uses 16x16 tiles, we will first work with dimensions divided by 2 and then resize it properly.

Basically, open the different tilesheets in a picture-editing software (graphicsgale, aseprite, photoshop...), then create a new file that is 128px large and let's say 3200px high. Display a 16x16 grid on each of those files.

As 128px corresponds to 8 tiles, you'll notice all my tilesheets are divided in columns that are exactly 8 tiles large. So you just have to select the tiles you want to use, making sure you stick to the grid, then paste them on your blank tileset. To help you, keep the pink background, you'll be able to delete it after in RMXP and it perfectly follows the grid.

Once you pasted everything you needed, crop the tileset, then expand it x2 (so it's 256px large and matches the RMXP format). You can now import it on RMXP, and chose the pink background as transparency color.
Could you explain in more detail how to set the pink background as the transparency? I cannot figure this out

Triall

Rookie
There seems to be a problem. Some tiles for the mountains seem to be missing.

SickSadWorld

Rookie
Hey outrivaled :)

It means you have to create a new file with the tiles you want to use. RMXP uses a specific format for the tilesets, so the picture you're gonna use must be 256px large. But as RMXP only allow 32x32 tiles and Pokémon uses 16x16 tiles, we will first work with dimensions divided by 2 and then resize it properly.

Basically, open the different tilesheets in a picture-editing software (graphicsgale, aseprite, photoshop...), then create a new file that is 128px large and let's say 3200px high. Display a 16x16 grid on each of those files.

As 128px corresponds to 8 tiles, you'll notice all my tilesheets are divided in columns that are exactly 8 tiles large. So you just have to select the tiles you want to use, making sure you stick to the grid, then paste them on your blank tileset. To help you, keep the pink background, you'll be able to delete it after in RMXP and it perfectly follows the grid.

Once you pasted everything you needed, crop the tileset, then expand it x2 (so it's 256px large and matches the RMXP format). You can now import it on RMXP, and chose the pink background as transparency color.
Hello! May i ask why you gave the buildings tileset a completely different shade of pink? You can only chose one shade for transparency in RMXP.

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
Just as TruePotatoQ stated, I too don't fully understand. I removed the dotted lines and organized them to be in one long line just like normal tilesets. However, the yellow and purple seemed to stay when I put in the sprites. Not to mention, the sprites seem small. I'm unsure if that is just the gen4 style or if I did something wrong.
Can I have the version you made of it just being a normal tileset?

NohanSD

Rookie
hey i'm sprry I'm new to developing and don't know how to remove the yelloww and pink parts idk what is it useful for

NohanSD

Rookie
Hello back sorry for posting two messages.... Also i manage to find how to do my things but still don't know how to put the tiles in one column i tried on gimp but it's too laggy i cant do anything because i have to make a realy long canva

NohanSD

Rookie
can you send ur version to me please

A.I.R

From a separated Universe
dont do it! instead make your own tileset for every maps. like in this tutorial https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/354/ its lenthy but handy.
Hello back sorry for posting two messages.... Also i manage to find how to do my things but still don't know how to put the tiles in one column i tried on gimp but it's too laggy i cant do anything because i have to make a realy long canva

Back