• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
HGSS for RMXP

Resource HGSS for RMXP 1.2

SirMalo

Rookie
For that, I've got those tilesets already set up with automapping for all the buildings, props and trees :)

popelus

Rookie
Hey there!
I wanna thank you so much for this awesome resources collection.
I've got a question concerning the doors. The door character png's do not have a background, and I can't seem to find the tile corresponding to "behind/inside" the door, to place under the event. Am I missing something?
Thank you!

DannyPhantump

(He's a Phantump)

SirMalo

Rookie
Hi LightningKillua! The tent house is the same as the one in Goldenrod so I didn't copy it :) And you're right about the red-roof house, I'll add it.

@popelus: That's right, I forgot about that. Lemme add them ;)

DannyPhantump

(He's a Phantump)
Awesome, sounds good! I'm still having a bit of trouble finding the tent house on the Goldenrod section of the sheet, but I'll find it eventually 😅

DannyPhantump

(He's a Phantump)
Hey I couldn't find the Indigo Plateau arch-pillar and the Goldenrod/Lavender tent house still eludes me. As someone who's mapped most of Kanto, those are the only things missing (aside from Cycling road & Nugget bridge, but those are niche enough for me not to care + Wesley FG made public tiles for those)

Sorry for being nit-picky 😅 believe me I appreciate everything you're doing - your tilesheets are what motivated me to keep working on fangames amidst these stressful times :)

Last edited:

Abdoulgaming

Mr. Y
how can you edit these tilesets WITHOUT a PHOTOSHOP Because I don't feel like paying monthly

TruePotatoQ

Rookie
Does anyone have a video tutorial for this? I just can't understand from reading. I'm not very good with tilesets...

Ozander

Ozander
What's up Sirmalo! I don't ask "when will you publish your indoor tiles". I want to ask: How is it going with them?

Ozander

Ozander
Does anyone have a video tutorial for this? I just can't understand from reading. I'm not very good with tilesets...
As far as I know there is no. All you need is Photoshop or a free gimp to create tileset from it. You can also use tiled.

WolfPP

Discord wolfppontes
OMG
You are the best! Thanks for sharing it and still trying to extract all tiles from HGSS!
I feel we can't replicate water (sea, edge, beach, etc) autotiles on Essentials, right? :/

Leondrea

Trainer
I'm using Paint (to resize the tiles 200%, copy+paste) and then I use PhotoFiltre 7 (to make the tiles transparent) lining them up in a Tilesheet template grid 256x19 999 px, which I know is the limit of RMXP.

Now I'm trying to do this just with 2 tiles of the nature pack eg. the grass flowers and 2 tree tiles (for mapping rows of trees)
and everything else from the building and urban pack, just the basic tiles needed to make a city.

The rest I will separate into another Tileset, therefore I'll look how it was done in Vanilla Essentials:
Bike Shop Interior, Boat, Caves, Department Store Interior.... etc.
I'll do it the same way, just with HGSS Tilesets (I'm not done yet)
thanks to this dude who shared his awesome work!

DeepBlue PacificWaves

Producer of Project Lunastone | Failed Dreamer
Great job OP. I really loved this resource. Do you have a recommend chars pack to go with?

DeepBlue PacificWaves

Producer of Project Lunastone | Failed Dreamer
Back