• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
BerryPots for Essentials v21

Resource BerryPots for Essentials v21 1.2

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Caruban submitted a new resource:

BerryPots for Essentials - Handy containers for cultivating Berries wherever you go.

BerryPots for Essentials

BerryPots like in HGSS for Essentials v18
It is plug and play script, based on BerryPlant in Essentials.
Also there are 3 Custom sprites for watering can in this pack.

How To Install

1. Add BerryPots to items PBS (change the xxx to a number in items.txt)
xxx,BERRYPOTS,Berry Pots,Berry Pots,8,0,"Handy containers for cultivating...

Read more about this resource...

ValiantSoul

World Traveller
Hey bud, I keep getting an issue with Line 27 of the code where it references PBItems; it was working fine before so I'm not sure what's causing the issue!

Gelatina

Novice
Same as above:
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Script 'Berry Pots' line 27: NameError occurred.

uninitialized constant PBItems
OK

NikDie

Elite Trainer
I had the same Error, for a quick Workaround just cut the Script out of your Scriptlist, start the game, end it and then copy it back.
It should work.
The Error always appears for me, if i had a bad trainer configuration in the PBS (for example i had a typo in a Pokémon-Name)

Leondrea

Trainer
I have nothing against your Ressource, it's even good for people who like this.
I just never liked this feature in HGSS, I prefer picking up berries from trees and planting
and watering them, like it was back in ruby, sapphire and emerald.
But your script is still great for people who like this feature!

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
I'm not 100% certain if this is perfectly updated, but I did try my best at updating the script for v19. There might be some quirks that I didn't account for, but I tested as much as I could for now. Keep in mind this is entirely unofficial, and at best extremely amateur.

Edit: Okay I did some more testing now that I'm awake and yeah it still has some bugs; they revolve around all the PBItems I forgot to remove since it was depreciated in v19. I have a revised version in the works, but I'll wait until a berry fully grows/replants before pasting, just to be sure.

Edit 2: The script SHOULD be working now. I've tested growth cycles, planting, and replanting if you didn't pick a berry, and bugs there were fixed as well.

Last edited:

Ignitus

Charizard X trainer
I'm not 100% certain if this is perfectly updated, but I did try my best at updating the script for v19. There might be some quirks that I didn't account for, but I tested as much as I could for now. Keep in mind this is entirely unofficial, and at best extremely amateur.

Edit: Okay I did some more testing now that I'm awake and yeah it still has some bugs; they revolve around all the PBItems I forgot to remove since it was depreciated in v19. I have a revised version in the works, but I'll wait until a berry fully grows/replants before pasting, just to be sure.

Edit 2: The script SHOULD be working now. I've tested growth cycles, planting, and replanting if you didn't pick a berry, and bugs there were fixed as well.

Wow ok I didnt see it because its not on its own page but ok I was looking to it so do I add it plugin I just name the meta so it will be loaded in my loadorder somewhat like a mod

NikDie

Elite Trainer

Hey Everyone,

a little Bug is in line 356.
wrong line:
berry = screen.pbChooseItemScreen(Proc.new { |item| GameData::Item.get(item).is_berry?(item) })

has to be replaced with

corrected line:
berry = screen.pbChooseItemScreen(Proc.new { |item| GameData::Item.get(item).is_berry? })

Thanks for this great Resource!

Bergium

Bergium#0216
I know this isn't a big deal, but the Cancel Button isn't targetable.
bg_pot_cancel.png

Is there a reason why this is?
Just letting you know.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
If we have this items: Sprayduck + walmerpail + lotadpail + squirtlebootle at the same time in the bag, when we go watering the berry only the last entry of "waterpail" is used to watering the berries, besides the text saying that the player used the pail X, don't match the one we are currently using, so i've edited that text message to not mention the "pail" name. I think that if the script detects two or more kinds of this items in the bag, the script should ask what waterpail the player want to use to watering the berries or something like that. It's only a visual thing, but the script works without problems. thx for sharing that script.

curryofthepast

Rookie
I believe this can be flagged/updated as v20 compatible. I got it working at least when there's only Walmerpail in my bag. Attached is the new PBS definition for Berry Pots. The picture inside Icons has to have its name changed to BERRYPOTS.png and be placed inside the Graphics\Items\ folder.

Attachments

• items.txt
    221 bytes · Views: 135

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
There are a few changes that should be made to ensure future compatibility, but at a very basic surface level it does work. Regardless, I have made (hopefully all) the changes necessary to bring it in-line with v20 onward. Just be sure to remove the "=begin" and the "=end" if you want to transplant the item.txt entry.

Disregard the above, the script actually needs much, much more edits to be compatable with v20, as the structure for how Berries works was completely overhauled. Those edits might be a bit beyond me right now.

Last edited:
Back