• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon: Eternal Order

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
wl2CPdD.png

The Story
You are a 15-year-old from the Nores City of the Celia region. You are currently living at your best friend's house, but, now that you have got your first Pokemon, you will embark on your very own journey to become a Pokemon Champion. There are two evil organizations in this region, one of which you are more familiar with than you'd like to admit.

Features
  • You can choose from a large variety of wild Pokemon to catch from Gen 1 to Gen 7.
  • New bosses have been made, called "Expert Breeders", who specialize in one certain Egg Group of Pokemon.
  • Help out the public and complete Ranger Quests.
  • New items have been introduced that change the nature of your Pokemon.
  • The "Frozen" status has been changed to the "Frostbitten" status, which is the special version of the "Burned" status.
  • A lot of RNG-based elements have either been changed or removed completely.
  • Rematch gym trainers any time you want before facing the leader of a certain gym.
  • A new item has been introduced which makes breeding Pokemon much, much faster.
  • Recolored shiny forms.
  • Many Pokemon have been buffed through new stats, new abilities or new fanmade evolutions.
  • And much more!

Screenshots
X5RpUdG.png
wgUGUhk.png

IFb4swG.png
NfEGxeC.png

[2022-08-12] 03_57_00.549.png
AOF43Eh.png

GlYQXMR.png
D3jktb0.png

[2022-08-12] 04_02_09.639.png
kWtAA2z.png

5ETINRO.png
[2022-08-12] 04_31_57.754.png

RY0bXOy.png
[2022-08-12] 04_00_57.225.png

[2022-08-12] 03_58_30.689.png
[2022-08-12] 03_58_26.817.png
1z4Ipnq.png
RbBAp4V.png

S0IbcMW.png
[2022-08-12] 03_50_10.270.png
[2022-08-12] 04_02_43.405.png
[2022-08-12] 03_54_43.640.png

Difficulty
I'd say the difficulty is above average. You can't use items like Potions and Revives during battles (neither can the NPCs), the battle mode is locked to set in important battles like the ones with gym leaders or rivals, and boss battles from mid to late game have EV-trained Pokemon. Regardless, if you're an experienced Pokemon player, the game should honestly not be that hard. It's definitely no Radical Red, that's for sure.

Download & other links
Download Full Version
Mediafire Link

Discord Server
https://discord.gg/vc7ThUKk8H

Additional Information
Mediafire Link - Includes extra info regarding the changes made to the Pokemon and their learnsets, wild Pokemon locations, TM locations, credits etc.

Vanilla typings and type matchups
Mediafire Link - If you dislike the changes I did to some of the Pokemon's typings or the changes I made to the type chart, use this to play using the vanilla typings and type matchups.

Known & fixed bugs
  • There is an audio issue which may occur and cause the game to crash when entering the following maps: Fenlan Wood, Gourien Forest & Desert Ruins. To avoid this, after entering these maps, save the game, close it and then start it up again. This should prevent any potential crashes.
  • This audio issue can also occur if you repeatedly enter and exit a map from the same transfering spot multiple times.
  • Minor, but, if you use the G key when naming your character or a Pokémon, it will activate the speedup mode. Simply press G again to go back to normal mode.

Credits
Gen 6 & 7 Sprites - Mej71
Gen 6 PBS Files - Deo
Sand Footprints Script - KleinStudio
Advanced Capsule - zerokid
Sunflora's evolution design - Haychel
Spinda's evolution design - pokeluka
Surge Abilites - Rot8er_ConeX
Psychic Terrain - rigbycwts
Fairy Tale Girl sprite - Kyle-Dove
HM Items - Marin
Defining Pokemon EV's - DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Additional help for scripting - Maruno, WolfPP, Vendily, mybusiness, bagtu (all from PokeCommunity) and Thundaga (from Youtube)

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Luka S.J.
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
help-14
Rataime
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
and everyone else who helped out

Huge thanks go to everyone listed above who gave me a hand when I needed help.

Feel free to comment on anything you'd like about the game.

Thanks a lot for checking my game out. I hope you enjoyed it.

Last edited:

SunGoddess23

Cooltrainer
Looks really cool so far and I can't wait to start playing it once I have the demo downloaded. Can the Starters come out with their HA? Also what is the shiny change of running into wild shiny Pokemon? I'm actually going to have a tough time picking which one I would want since there are a lot I like. I'm also curious on if you are able to catch the other starters in the game.

Last edited:

Seenit45

Novice
Looks really cool so far and I can't wait to start playing it once I have the demo downloaded. Can the Starters come out with their HA? Also what is the shiny change of running into wild shiny Pokemon? I'm actually going to have a tough time picking which one I would want since there are a lot I like. I'm also curious on if you are able to catch the other starters in the game.
The starters come with their normal abilities, but you can use an item to give them their Hidden Abilities. You can also catch the other starters in certain routes and the shiny encounter rate has been raised to nearly 2%.

Last edited:

SunGoddess23

Cooltrainer
I see well that explains it I was training up my Froakie and came across several shinies about 3 Lotads, a Surskit, a Flabebe, and this one took a long while but the Spearow and this custom shiny looks really really cool. I'm going to see if I get lucky and run across a shiny Rockruff. Oh what is the way to get the dusk form is it like people has set it in other games between 5-6pm or 6-7pm I can't remember which one exactly they have.

Seenit45

Novice
Oh what is the way to get the dusk form is it like people has set it in other games between 5-6pm or 6-7pm I can't remember which one exactly they have.
You can evolve Rockruff into Dusk Form Lycanroc by using a Dusk Stone on it, although it is not available in the demo. Alternatively, you can evolve Rockruff into Midday or Midnight Lycanroc by leveling it up with high friendship during the day or night respectively.
^This isn't true anymore. Rockruff evolves the same way it does in Sword and Shield.
You can check all the other changes made to Pokemon evolutions in the "Pokemon Changes" Excel file.

Last edited:

SunGoddess23

Cooltrainer
Okay then guess I'll hold off on training my Rockruff up until it's able to become the dusk form though I may try to catch two others to get the other two forms just to have him and thanks.

Edit:
Huh that's strange it seems my excel doesn't want to work is there a way for you to do a pdf file for it so I can look at it that way?

Last edited:

Seenit45

Novice

Gamzee

Rookie
The trade in Shurro City (Morell for Ghastly) Doesn't work and shuts the game off when you try to do it^^

Seenit45

Novice
The trade in Shurro City (Morell for Ghastly) Doesn't work and shuts the game off when you try to do it^^
You're right. I'm very sorry about that.
I changed the Mediafire link with one for a version which fixes this.

OMGen

Novice
The move tutor supposed to learn bounce actually tries to teach metronome.. I was wondering why my gyarados couldn't learn it while he's supposed to, and when I still selected him it said "gyarados can't learn Metronome"

kittypikachu223

Rookie
Says I don't have permission or is expired. Found a bug. No indicator if a wild pokemon has already been caught during battle. Found a major bug. Rockruff crashes the game when caught.

Last edited:

Seenit45

Novice
Discord server link doesn’t work.
My bad, I forgot to update the discord link on here with the one from PC.
Also, I fixed the Rockruff glitch and updated the game's rar file with it. Check the discord server if you just want to download the fix.

Last edited:

Itssneakyy

Rookie
wl2CPdD.png

The Story
You are a 15-year-old from the Nores City of the Celia region. You are currently living at your best friend's house, but, now that you have got your first Pokemon, you will embark on your very own journey to become a Pokemon Champion. There are two evil organizations in this region, one of which you are more familiar with than you'd like to admit.

Features
  • You can choose from a large variety of wild Pokemon to catch from Gen 1 to Gen 7.
  • New bosses have been made, called "Expert Breeders", who specialize in one certain Egg Group of Pokemon.
  • Help out the public and complete Ranger Quests.
  • New items have been introduced that change the nature of your Pokemon.
  • The "Frozen" status has been changed to the "Frostbitten" status, which is the special version of the "Burned" status.
  • A lot of RNG-based elements have either been changed or removed completely.
  • Rematch gym trainers any time you want before facing the leader of a certain gym.
  • A new item has been introduced which makes breeding Pokemon much, much faster.
  • Recolored shiny forms.
  • Many Pokemon have been buffed through new stats, new abilities or new fanmade evolutions.
  • And much more!

Screenshots
X5RpUdG.png
wgUGUhk.png

IFb4swG.png
NfEGxeC.png

8P20x5h.png
AOF43Eh.png

GlYQXMR.png
D3jktb0.png

L0bPpBS.png
kWtAA2z.png

5ETINRO.png
A5ukxAR.png

RY0bXOy.png
Gi1P7Fm.png

HbcGm8l.png
ScMl2wh.png

1z4Ipnq.png
RbBAp4V.png

5pLMEdm.png
S0IbcMW.png

Difficulty
I'd say the difficulty is above average. You can't use items like Potions and Revives during battles (neither can the NPCs), the battle mode is locked to set in important battles like the ones with gym leaders or rivals, and boss battles from mid to late game have EV-trained Pokemon. Regardless, if you're an experienced Pokemon player, the game should honestly not be that hard. It's definitely no Radical Red, that's for sure.

Download & other links
Download Full Version
Mediafire Link

Discord Server
https://discord.gg/rNHSGXgfUm

Additional Information
Mediafire Link - Includes extra info regarding the changes made to the Pokemon and their learnsets, wild Pokemon locations, TM locations, credits etc.

Vanilla typings and type matchups
Mediafire Link - If you dislike the changes I did to some of the Pokemon's typings or the changes I made to the type chart, use this to play using the vanilla typings and type matchups.

Known & fixed bugs
  • There is an audio issue which may occur and cause the game to crash when entering the following maps: Fenlan Wood, Gourien Forest & Desert Ruins. To avoid this, after entering these maps, save the game, close it and then start it up again. This should prevent any potential crashes.
  • This audio issue can also occur if you repeatedly enter and exit a map from the same transfering spot multiple times.
  • Minor, but, if you use the G key when naming your character or a Pokémon, it will activate the speedup mode. Simply press G again to go back to normal mode.

Credits
Gen 6 & 7 Sprites - Mej71
Gen 6 PBS Files - Deo
Sand Footprints Script - KleinStudio
Advanced Capsule - zerokid
Sunflora's evolution design - Haychel
Spinda's evolution design - pokeluka
Surge Abilites - Rot8er_ConeX
Psychic Terrain - rigbycwts
Fairy Tale Girl sprite - Kyle-Dove
HM Items - Marin
Defining Pokemon EV's - DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Additional help for scripting - Maruno, WolfPP, Vendily, mybusiness, bagtu (all from PokeCommunity) and Thundaga (from Youtube)

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Luka S.J.
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
help-14
Rataime
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
and everyone else who helped out

Huge thanks go to everyone listed above who gave me a hand when I needed help.

Feel free to comment on anything you'd like about the game.

Thanks a lot for checking my game out. I hope you enjoyed it.
Is this PC only ?

YzziMada

Rookie
Is there a level cap of some kind? My level 15 torchic isn't receiving EXP after beating wild pokemon. I'm trying to evolve him asap.

I'm right before the 1st gym, and I've only caught one other pokemon, if that adds context.

Also, if there is one, why??

Last edited:
Back