• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Advanced Character Customization 2.0.0

Red1234

Novice
Sorry for the late response. I haven't used essentials for months so I might be a little rusty with this script, so please bear with me.

How are you selecting the base graphic? Is it through the regular character customization screen (ie. pbCustomizeCharacter) or through the function pbChooseBaseGraphic? Do you have the constant at the beginning USE_BASE_GRAPHIC set to true or false? Might be an issue with one of these settings.
Igot an error when I use pbchoose base graphic it turns the player character to blank
Screenshot_20210109-191833.png

VulpX

Rookie
Hi, it's me again !
I reinstalled everything and now it works fine ! I'm still using Poltergeist's character sprites, and I have only ONE problem now x)

The only picture that comes out wrong is the one for the trainer back as shown below:
trback000_curr.png

As you can see, the last two instances of the character are still naked. The same problem occured with the female trainer back.
What can I do to fix this please ? :)

Kioshi Hoshitsuya

Trainer
Hi, does the script work in 18.1? Didn't check yet but I want to be sure before installing it.

Last edited:

Red1234

Novice

Parritoso

Rookie
With the Poltergeist’s Character Customization resources, I have the bases, for the characters, but I don't know where to put it and name them for "overworld bike", "overworld run", "trainer back" and "trainer front".

I am on essentials V17.2
Thanks in advance.

PorousMist

Novice
With the Poltergeist’s Character Customization resources, I have the bases, for the characters, but I don't know where to put it and name them for "overworld bike", "overworld run", "trainer back" and "trainer front".

I am on essentials V17.2
Thanks in advance.
You put them in the Graphics/Characters folder, the same place you put the bases and overworld walk folder.

DerKreideprinz

Development novice
How to install on 19.1?
Doubt you're still looking almost half a year later, but for reference the PField_Metadata has been changed to Overworld_metadata, and the PScreen_Load is now UI_Load. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the $scene = Scene_Map.new in the latter script with V19, but I'll edit this if I ever find out what it is.

PyroGaleZX

Novice
Doubt you're still looking almost half a year later, but for reference the PField_Metadata has been changed to Overworld_metadata, and the PScreen_Load is now UI_Load. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the $scene = Scene_Map.new in the latter script with V19, but I'll edit this if I ever find out what it is.
Hey, I went looking in after your comment to try and find it, I'm not an expert in Pokemon Essentials code or anything but I went looking into my own Pokemon Essenitals file. I'm using the Gen 8 Project also so keep that in mind as I don't know if this is in the base.

the "$scene = Scene_Map.new is still defined, however it's more commonly found in the "StartGame" section. I searched for a different line originally "$PokemonMap.updateMap" since in the screenshot that seemed to be an outstanding line, and it was, only defined once in "StartGame" and comparing the lines of code are very similar to what's given in the original post.
Screenshot (168).png

VulpX

Rookie
Hi ! I was using this ressource in v18.1 and it was working just fine. I'm trying to adapt it to v19 but my knowledge in coding is limited.

I did what PyroGaleZX and DerKreideprinz suggested above for the Overworld_metadata and StartGame. I copied the CharacterCust Main and CharacterCust Utilities from my v18.1 save and pasted it in the script of v19 above main (I don't know how to make a plugin).

I get this message:
Error.png

The way I understand it, it's due to the change in Debug_Menu in v19 around the add function.
def add(parent,cmd,name,desc=nil)
def add(option, hash)

So I think the problem is due to the code having 3 arguments for add instead of 2. Yet I have no idea how to fix this issue.

If someone could lend me a hand in fixing this, it would be lifesaving.
Alternatively, I adapted this code so that it uses Gen 4 graphics, and supports all hair/clothing items/accessories for all body type regardless of gender. It works for the walking, running, diving, surfing and biking sprites. So if someone can help me turn this into a plugin for v19, we could help the community go further with their creations !

Edit: I tried tweaking a few things, but I'm starting to realize that changing a script from v18 to v19 is going to be a lot harder than I thought. Help me please 😭

Last edited:

Lord Oofsef

Head Developer of Pokémon Espionage
Hi ! I was using this ressource in v18.1 and it was working just fine. I'm trying to adapt it to v19 but my knowledge in coding is limited.

I did what PyroGaleZX and DerKreideprinz suggested above for the Overworld_metadata and StartGame. I copied the CharacterCust Main and CharacterCust Utilities from my v18.1 save and pasted it in the script of v19 above main (I don't know how to make a plugin).

I get this message:

The way I understand it, it's due to the change in Debug_Menu in v19 around the add function.
def add(parent,cmd,name,desc=nil)
def add(option, hash)

So I think the problem is due to the code having 3 arguments for add instead of 2. Yet I have no idea how to fix this issue.

If someone could lend me a hand in fixing this, it would be lifesaving.
Alternatively, I adapted this code so that it uses Gen 4 graphics, and supports all hair/clothing items/accessories for all body type regardless of gender. It works for the walking, running, diving, surfing and biking sprites. So if someone can help me turn this into a plugin for v19, we could help the community go further with their creations !

Edit: I tried tweaking a few things, but I'm starting to realize that changing a script from v18 to v19 is going to be a lot harder than I thought. Help me please 😭
Hello, I don't know if you're still looking for an answer to this but I felt I could pitch in with my finding.

So this is not a direct answer to how to fix the def add issue, however, if you check def add's new definition:
def add(option, hash)
@commands.push([option, hash["parent"], hash["name"], hash["description"]])
end
Meaning parent, name, and desc all exist on it.

You'll keep the old formulas how they were, but you'll also have to account for option now as an added feature

I hope this helped in any way!

Lord Oofsef

Head Developer of Pokémon Espionage
Here's an example of a remodel between both versions done, as shown in the Debug menu:

commands.add("main","pokemonmenu",_INTL("Pokémon options..."),
_INTL("Give Pokémon, heal party, fill/empty PC storage, etc."))

DebugMenuCommands.register("pokemonmenu", {
"parent" => "main",
"name" => _INTL("Pokémon options..."),
"description" => _INTL("Give Pokémon, heal party, fill/empty PC storage, etc.")
})

Btw register is defined to redirect to add
See:
def self.register(option, hash)
@@commands.add(option, hash)
end

EDIT: Update to anyone attempting to update this to v19, we encounter another problem:
def pbSave as defined in the Utilities crashes the game, since it's replaced by Game.save now; And even then:
def reqFilesExist crashes the game again because its formatting is wrong.

These are the obstacles we have to get through now

Last edited:

franklysour

Rookie
Anyone had any luck yet on sorting out the errors for conversion to V19.1? I've tried my hand at it but haven't made any headway myself.

fawkes

Rookie
I'm trying to run this on 19.1 and I'm getting this error. Any solution?
err1.png

CallMeFreak

Rookie
Is it possible to use this without the character creation part? Like with Shiney's script? I can't seem to dress up more than the first two player characters (TrChar000 and 001) or add more clothes with that script (I'm using v.17.2. It mostly works on that) so now I'm wondering if I can use part of this script for the same thing? Also can I add TrChar002+ if I do? Aaand can I add more clothes to the list than what's already on the script?
I mostly just want the person playing to dress up the set of 6 playable characters I have instead of having them make their own immediately after starting a new game.

viniciusan9elin

Rookie
Hello! :D
Could someone tell me if this feature works correctly in v20.x?
or if there is any other similar one, but honestly I would really like to use this one in my project. thanks :)

Toskan4134

Rookie
There is any complete resource pack for this script with 3rd gen graphics (like Poltergeist's character sprites)

Cyberzaun

Rookie
Hi!
I'm using the spanish version of PE (16.3) and I've been able to make this scripts work. But I've found a problem that I haven't been able to fix yet... I'll try to explain it step by step:

0. New Game
1. I choose the skin tone
2. I customize the character
3. I save the Game
4. When I restart the Game, in the menú appears the correct sprite customized

But

If at this point I start a new Game, when I choose a skin color again (and even I don't save the Game)... in the load menu appears the last base skin Sprite selected in the "new Game" and not the correct sprite of the first saved Game.

And

If I load the saved Game and I try to re-costumize the character inside the Game, when I select any item/accessory I recover the original character, but still with the wrong skin tone.

I'm calling the skin script and the customization script separately in that order after entering the player name. I've been trying to find the variable where the skin tone Sprite is saved but I didn't found anything.

(Also I'm using just one gender option by default because I don't want to make the player choose between male and female. I just want they customize the character without limits)

I'll try to make a video tomorrow to make It easier to understand, sorry about my english XD I hope someone read this. I've been stucked with this 3 days.

Back