• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Advanced Character Customization 2.0.0

WolfHeretic

Novice
Sorry for the late response. I haven't used essentials for months so I might be a little rusty with this script, so please bear with me.
Hey, when using the script, after selecting the Pale (first option) skin tone, it sets the player's current skintone to Dark (last option), but still makes the bases pale. Is there any way to fix this?

View attachment 890
How are you selecting the base graphic? Is it through the regular character customization screen (ie. pbCustomizeCharacter) or through the function pbChooseBaseGraphic? Do you have the constant at the beginning USE_BASE_GRAPHIC set to true or false? Might be an issue with one of these settings.

WolfHeretic

Novice
After I followed this script, I just blacked out my surf and running and other sprites. They are just blank now.
You have to make the other assets for spritesets like surfing and running. The ones included with my download only include the walking sprite, I didn't make the graphic resources for anything else. If you need help with how to make/arrange the folders for the other sprites or if I didn't answer your question feel free to let me know.

👵👵👵

🌯🌯🌯
I just looked at the code for the trainer card, and I saw that the image it overlays on the trainer card is trainer000. In the script PScreen_TrainerCard on line 26, the trainer image it loads is determined by pbPlayerSpriteFile, which does not fetch the introBoy image. I think it would probably work if you replaced the line
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
   @sprites["trainer"].setBitmap(pbPlayerSpriteFile($Trainer.trainertype))
with the lines
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
tmp = ($Trainer.isFemale? ? "introGirl" : "introBoy")
if @savedoutfit && (File.exists?("Graphics/Pictures/"+tmp+".png")
    @sprites["trainer"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/"+tmp)
elsif File.exists?("Graphics/Pictures/"+tmp+"_curr.png")
    @sprites["trainer"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/"+tmp+"_curr")
else
end

Put all of your folders (including "trainer front") in the "graphics/characters" folder. None of them should be in any other folder, the script won't be able to find them if they aren't specifically in that folder. Also the script only creates blank files for "overworld walk", and that's because those are the files needed for the script not to crash (the other images will be blank, but the script will still execute).

Yeah the bitmaps are added in layers, so the ones added first will be below the ones added later. Ie. Right now the bottom bitmap code is above the top bitmap code, so the bottom will appear below the top in the saved image.
Hi Im pretty new to scripts so I dont know what I am doing. I replaced line 26 with your code I got a syntax error from line 29 it might be because I am using v17.2 instead of v18. If it is because of that is there a code that works with v17.2?

WolfHeretic

Novice
Hi Im pretty new to scripts so I dont know what I am doing. I replaced line 26 with your code I got a syntax error from line 29 it might be because I am using v17.2 instead of v18. If it is because of that is there a code that works with v17.2?
No I wrote the code hastily and there appear to be some problems with it, that's on me.

Could you paste
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
if ($PokemonTemp.savedoutfit && (File.exists?("Graphics/Pictures/"+tmp+".png")))
else
end
instead of what I posted earlier? I think I was missing a parentheses and one of the variables was referred to incorrectly. I can't really test right now whether the trainer card image changes, but it should work now.
Could you also post any error messages or screenshots of what's wrong if you're still having problems? Hope this helps.

👵👵👵

🌯🌯🌯
No I wrote the code hastily and there appear to be some problems with it, that's on me.

Could you paste
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
if ($PokemonTemp.savedoutfit && (File.exists?("Graphics/Pictures/"+tmp+".png")))
else
end
instead of what I posted earlier? I think I was missing a parentheses and one of the variables was referred to incorrectly. I can't really test right now whether the trainer card image changes, but it should work now.
Could you also post any error messages or screenshots of what's wrong if you're still having problems? Hope this helps.
Thanks that fixed all of the syntax errors! I have another problem that might or might not relate to that tho. the picture on the trainer card is not my custom sprite and it does not change with the base the only change that happens is changing between the girl and the boy sprites.
this.PNG
Whenever I customize the character the trainer sprite (like putting a hat on) it looks like this
uhoh.PNG
It might have something to do with these sprites but idk if they are not supposed to be like that
blanks.PNG
Sorry if this is a completely different problem. Other than that the script works really well and thanks for helping!

kallisto

Rookie
Hi! I'm using this script and I noticed that if you save the game while surfing/biking, when you load the game again, the game registers that you're surfing/biking (you move at that speed) but it incorrectly shows the character's walking sprite, not the sprite for surfing/biking.

I'm using Essentials v18.1 if that helps, I don't know if this bug exists outside of this version of Essentials or if it's exclusive to v18.1.

EDIT: I managed to fix this by removing the addition of updateTrainerOutfit in PScreen_Load.

Last edited:

Red1234

Novice
Can you give me the link of the essential that you installed this perfectly
In advance thanks

I installed the scripts and then how to run the script I really don't understand how to run it
The script calls are listed at the bottom of CharacterCust_Main.

1609884891955.png

And what is the base graphic I want full totorial please
The base graphic are in the download link, in a folder titled "Base graphics". There's already a tutorial for implementing this on the resource's page:
1609884750489.png

And where to add items of clothes
1609885368781.png

Red1234

Novice
Whe use pbchoose base ghraphic and whe select pale option it turns to black

VulpX

Rookie
Hi ! Thank you for this ressource, this is great ! However, I cannot seem to make it work. Does it still works with v18.1 ?
I don't know if this is relevant, but I use Poltergeist's Character Customization ressources. I named everything correctly, and when running the scripts, I get these error message:

For pbChooseBaseGraphic
EDIT: This one is fixed ! The problem was due to me adding new trainer types when I tried some things before finding your script !

[Sat Jan 09 22:58:16 Paris, Madrid 2021]
[Pokémon Essentials version 18.1.dev]
Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error within event 8 (coords 7,12), map 2 (Lappet Town):
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: CharacterCust_Main:794:in `initialize'undefined method `width' for nil:NilClass

***Full script:
pbCustomizeCharacter

Backtrace:
Interpreter:197:in `pbExecuteScript'
CharacterCust_Main:251:in `new'
CharacterCust_Main:251:in `pbCustomizeCharacter'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1458:in `eval'
Interpreter:1458:in `command_355'
Interpreter:359:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:155:in `update'
Interpreter:102:in `loop'

Backtrace:
Interpreter:246:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:158:in `update'
Scene_Map:162:in `follow_update'
Scene_Map:160:in `loop'
Scene_Map:169:in `follow_update'
Follow Pokemon:1554:in `update'

I tried fixing it myself, but I'm not great at coding and I have no idea what's causing this.
I tried using it on a backup version with the basic graphics you provided, and it worked, with the exception of the character's skin disapearing.
Can you please help me ?

Last edited:

Red1234

Novice
Hi ! Thank you for this ressource, this is great ! However, I cannot seem to make it work. Does it still works with v18.1 ?
I don't know if this is relevant, but I use Poltergeist's Character Customization ressources. I named everything correctly, and when running the scripts, I get these error message:

For pbChooseBaseGraphic
EDIT: This one is fixed ! The problem was due to me adding new trainer types when I tried some things before finding your script !

[Sat Jan 09 22:58:16 Paris, Madrid 2021]
[Pokémon Essentials version 18.1.dev]
Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error within event 8 (coords 7,12), map 2 (Lappet Town):
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: CharacterCust_Main:794:in `initialize'undefined method `width' for nil:NilClass

***Full script:
pbCustomizeCharacter

Backtrace:
CharacterCust_Main:251:in `new'
CharacterCust_Main:251:in `pbCustomizeCharacter'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1458:in `eval'

Backtrace:
Interpreter:246:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:158:in `update'
Scene_Map:162:in `follow_update'
Scene_Map:160:in `loop'
Scene_Map:169:in `follow_update'
Follow Pokemon:1554:in `update'

I tried fixing it myself, but I'm not great at coding and I have no idea what's causing this.
I tried using it on a backup version with the basic graphics you provided, and it worked, with the exception of the character's skin disapearing.
Can you please help me ?
Can you give me the link of yours character folder iwant check out

Back