• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Veize Demo

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
Project Version
Game Title: Pokémon Veize v0.1.4

FS490B9.png
KhL8F1w.png

XyXFA0t.png

YuusRVB.png

Ue9utrN.png

ce9zktU.png

32LxulX.png

4oQzjQC.png
Game Download:
https://mega.nz/file/t6xCGKxS#RghiNUnG_PwI9EjPD4khWj2EzuA6PP1pgiNzgKAJH20
Made Using: RPG MAKER XP (Pokémon Essentials v.17.2)
Team: Alcanik
Notes: WARNING!!!: On the 6th Day the storm weather effect is used. If you have epilepsy or any other problems with flashing lights SKIP THE 6TH DAY BY SLEEPING AS SOON AS YOU WAKE UP!
Resource Pack: https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/431/
In this short demo you play as a person who, as to escape from the mundane routine of everyday life, visits their gradparents' old house in a faraway town for about a week. The story and the interactions within this demo are not fleshed out.
Yankas-Menu Script

FL-Unreal Time Script

leilou-Rotation Battle Script (unused)

Marin-Pokeride/Quest Script

Ray One-Ski Lift Tiles

Pokemon Rejuv-Snowy Buildings Tiles

Vurtax-Snow Tiles

Foxowl-Snowy Grass Tiles

Ekat-Snow Tree Tiles

Atomic Reactor-Panoramas

Mid117-Pokéride sprites

Roan-Pokéride sprites

Mashirosakura-Pokéride sprites

Epidemic Ambience-Storm Sounds

Audio Sound Effect-Wind Sounds

PocketMonstersMusic-All Non Essentials Music

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Luka S.J.
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
help-14
Rataime
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
and everyone else who helped out

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

I'd also like to thank Ekat for reporting a few of the gamebreaking bugs

Last edited:

Alcanik

Master of serious fish
Update v0.1.4: (New Year's Update!)

Game is broken and I'm not working on It anymore. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hey-o, I played partway through the game before reaching the softlock I DMed you about. But I thought I'd write down my thoughts so far.

This game has an interesting concept: you could work in all sorts of sidequests, and other unique events as you explore the world. I enjoyed the game's mountain setting, and how you had the landscape change with each day. I thought it was dynamic, and gave some more purpose to there being a set timeline.

But, what struck me about the game, is how empty it is. There were perhaps one or two trainers per map, and oftentimes no NPCs. Despite having houses and a Ranger HQ in the town, you can't go into the homes/do anything with the Ranger quests. (Even though the professor and game's intro state there would be events to interact with.) I know you've acknowledged this on the thread, though, so I won't expand on the subject. I do want to give a couple quick pointers for when/if you flesh things out.

Pointers

• The balancing at the moment is not great. Even without there being many trainers, the wild Pokémon were 5 to 7 levels above my starter mon.
  • Because you already have the whole mountain mapped out, I think making a map of the area for the player would be handy.
  • I would consider throwing in a speedup button for the player. You can't go wrong with adding one. ^^
Misc Thoughts
  • The Escape Rope being a key item instead of disposable was neat.
  • I appreciate that I was able to get the bike so early.
  • I liked the map design. The mountain had some interesting locations, and I enjoyed seeing how they shifted with time. I think my favourite of the areas was Cascade Forest, and the cave that gradually flooded beside it.

As a whole, I'd love to see what this game would be like if you continue to develop it! I think that it has a lot of potential to be a refreshing fangame experience!

Back