• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Daybreak [NEW UPDATE!]

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Discord: Discord Invite
Wiki: Wiki Link

- - - INTRODUCTION - - -
Pokémon Daybreak
is a fangame made in Pokémon Essentials, and has been in the works for over 4 years by an extremely small development team. For incentive, we have explored: the Pokémon anime and games, real world locations, mythical legends and more. Recently as of Feburary 2023, we have released a huge overhaul update which was in the works for over 2 years!

- - - TRAILER - - -

- - - STORY - - -
A meteor has struck, and you, the local professor's new assistant are assigned to the case. However, some mischievous individuals have beat you to it; and are inspecting the meteor for their own purposes. Who are they, and why is the meteor imperative?

Pokémon Daybreak introduces the enigmatic region 'Armira', and is centralised around storytelling and challenging gameplay. The game is aesthetically beautiful and there are many unique locations you will encounter on your journey, such as a meteor crash site, a castle and a cherry blossom forest. Themes of exploitation, greed, and history are examined and lore is dotted all throughout the game. Take on the challenge of becoming Pokémon Champion in the all-embracing region of Armira!

- - - FEATURES - - -
ss6.png
ss8.png

• A new and expansive region, 'Armira' and post game 'Armiran Isles'​
  • 10 Gyms, Elite Four + Champion
  • At least 20 hours of gameplay
  • A custom dex of 400 Pokémon from gens 1-9 (excluding 200 from post game)​
  • Difficulty Settings (Normal and Hard Mode)
  • Classic GBA-Theme, with Gen 3 Styled textures, music and many new, custom remixes​
  • An intriguing, climactic story with new, original characters​
  • New custom regional forms/variants including: Water Arcanine, Fairy/Dragon Garchomp and more​
  • New custom mega evolutions, including those of Milotic, Heliolisk, Mega Venusaur and Blastoise X​
  • 'Dualeons' are a mix of two eeveelution types to create a new mon​
  • Quests (Including optional side-quests)​
  • The ability to see ALL encounters in that area from your menu​
  • The Battle Island! (Our version of the Battle Frontier)​
  • Complete Post Game with its own regional dex and a final act to the story!​
  • An active discord where you can interact with other players, the developers, find a FAQ, get updates immediately and more​

• How to Download:
  • There are 2 download methods

• 1. Classic Method: Go to this Download Link and then click Code > Download Zip
  • this will download the newest version, but means to update the game you will have to patch​

• 2. Better method: Go to this Download Link and then click Code > Open with Github Destkop.​
  • This will allow you to receive the newest updates with 0 need to patch. All you have to do is click Pull on Github Destkop.​
  • The README.txt in the game files has a FAQ​
  • Current Version: v1.7 [Updated 2nd Feburary 2023]
Mystery Gifts!
Change Nickname from party screen
Custom move animations
Many new regional and mega evolutions
MANY Easter eggs
Some regional variants are available, such as Alolan Vulpix and Galarian Slowbro
Newer Gen pokemon available, such as Kingambit and Corviknight
Some HMs have been replaced with equipment
Speed-up button [Tab]
Some Pokémon have new moves/move sets, for example Heliolisk can now learn Fire Blast
New moves, such as 'Fairy Rush' (which is Armiran Garchomp Exclusive)
No Z-Moves, Gigantamax or Terastylization
Many side, optional areas where you can complete quests, find rare items and Pokémon, etc

ss5.png
ss7.png

ss4.png
ss2.png
image (15).png
image (17).png

image (18).png
image44.png

CREDITS: Credits List
In no way do we receive any profit for this fangame or anything related to such. We are protected under fair use laws and do not intend to breach those.
Discord:
Discord Invite

Attachments

• DAYBREAK.png
    DAYBREAK.png
    224.3 KB · Views: 195,871
  • image (16).png
    image (16).png
    51.7 KB · Views: 4,530
  • image_2023-02-02_223201796.png
    image_2023-02-02_223201796.png
    21 KB · Views: 4,766
  • ss3.png
    ss3.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 7,584
Last edited:

Tw_raZ

Daybreak Dev
Hey everyone, I'm the co-dev for the game ^-^
In case Mizzy doesn't update the post in time, here is the original base version to which any patches need to be applied:
[REMOVED]

That being said, we highly recommend joining the discord so you can report bugs, discuss the game itself, and get patches before anyone else (though they will be updated and posted on this page, do not worry those of you who abstain from using Discord)

Last edited:

mizzypd

Mizzy
Hi, can my credit please be changed to my full name (Aki → Akizakura16)? Thanks!
I'm gonna have to try this game just for the dualeons >:3c
I'll get to fixing that right now! Thanks for the support <3

Reactions: Aki

Aura232

Rookie
Hi, what do I do with the patch once I've downloaded it? I already have the base

WolfShadowWhisper

Just a wolf that loves the shadows on a hot day :)
Darn, this game is addictive so far and I am only in the first town. I like the story, the art and the music choices. I have not caught a regional variant yet but I am patient. Good job so far!

nettlesmoothie

Rookie
Hey, I appear to be stuck. After defeating Rocker Q in the electric gym, I am unable to move or even open the menu. The only way to leave is by closing the game. Need some help!

chads87

Novice
talked to the treasure manic in the cave and game froze dont know if its a bug or not

Nvm fixed in latest patch thanks for great game

SunGoddess23

Cooltrainer
when it comes to the patch do I need to move everything or are there only certain ones I need to put in there because with the way my computer acts it takes a long time to replace everything at once

mizzypd

Mizzy
when it comes to the patch do I need to move everything or are there only certain ones I need to put in there because with the way my computer acts it takes a long time to replace everything at once
Everything at once, tbh. Sorry : (

omp627936

Rookie
Which city do we go to after the 4th gym. How do we reach there and do we need strength to reach there

Aderroy

Rookie
I could put the option to change the pokemon during the battle and if possible I could have the option to speed up the game.

Back