• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Marin's Enhanced Staircases

Resource Marin's Enhanced Staircases v1.0

Marin submitted a new resource:

Enhanced Staircases - Provides slowed-down pixel movement while walking on staircases for a smooth experience.

This script provides pixel movement while walking on staircases, while also slowing down movement to capture the real feeling and motion of a staircase.

Usage
To make a stair work smoothly, it must have one event at the bottom, and one at the top (not on the staircase; one tile outwards). Staircase events utilize comments to configure the properties of the stairs. These comments are not compiled it any different format unlike, say, trainer generation, and as such do...

Read more about this resource...

VanillaSunshine

.。.:*バニラ陽光*:.。.
This script is AWESOME, first off!! Sideways stairs are one of those things that everyone wants, even though they're such a pain and there's no usage of them outside of games released on the DS and onward. It's great that someone was willing to take the time and effort to create a script that makes them not only seamless, but also quite easy to use! (I was a little intimidated by the documentation, but once I began messing with all the values myself to properly understand how they work, they aren't that hard to wrap my head around! In your event examples, may I suggest changing the word "pixels" to "tiles"? I'm not sure if that's what you actually meant, but it helped me figure out what you were trying to say a bit easier!)

Thanks for making such an awesome and overly-requested script!! Leave it to Marin to do that thing that no one else seemed to be interested in doing, but everyone wanted LOL.

A quick bug report:
When the player steps on an event tile, but then walks vertically away from the event tile, the stair "animation" will play the next time they walk in the originally-intended direction. This can be problematic if a player changes their mind about walking up/down the stairs after already stepping on the invisible event tile; for example, in the 2nd and 3rd gif, they could become stuck inside impassable tiles.
Examples GIFs:
FPkhOvg.gif
35Gi7w4.gif

SxRWLyI.gif
7xiqPMw.gif

Thank you for your hard work, Marin!

MagentaGiratina

Distortion World Enthusiast
Does this work in Essentials v16? I understand if you haven't tested it, but I have a pre-existing project in it that I can't easily move over.

Does this work in Essentials v16? I understand if you haven't tested it, but I have a pre-existing project in it that I can't easily move over.

I haven't tested it, and if it doesn't, I'm afraid I don't intend to make it compatible. It likely isn't compatible with v16 as is, as I'm overwriting various methods that have likely been changed or renamed in v17.

Skyflyer

Seeking for knowledge
Hey Marin
I just wanted to ask if Enhanced Staircases still works with v.17.2, cause I don’t plan on moving to v.18 yet.
If not is there a way for me to get a compatible script for v.17.2?

Yeah, is there a 17.2 version? I think right now there's no way to access that old version

Skyflyer

Seeking for knowledge
V1.6 of this script was before Essentials v18 came up, so I guess that version worked in 17.2, that's the version we are looking for, as the update V1.7 of the script says "now compatible with Essentials v18".

Skyflyer

Seeking for knowledge
Yeah, it did. And then I decided not to support v17 anymore, to encourage people to upgrade to v18. Because you should, and there's no reason not to.
I've been working for so long in my project and modifying so many scripts that moving on to a new version would be a huge work and that's why I have no plans in updating my version, that's why I would really appreciate if you could share that older version. To update my game would take so much time that for me it would not pay off.

Coolandkar

Exploring Unova
I've been working for so long in my project and modifying so many scripts that moving on to a new version would be a huge work and that's why I have no plans in updating my version, that's why I would really appreciate if you could share that older version. To update my game would take so much time that for me it would not pay off.
Exactly, I’m facing the same problem :(

Hey quick question though,
Isn’t this the V1.6 script we’re looking for?

Last edited:

Rekman

Rookie
I have to join Skyflyer comment. Been working on my project for few years and applied so many modifications that passing to v18 is not worth the effort in my case. I was planning to add this super feature but I got surprised when I saw the v18 update. I wasn't expecting that but I can comprehend your intention to promote v18. Some of us are not in the position to lose all the progress in terms of scripting, and I hope you can understand our situation. In case, it would be really great if you could provide also the v17 version. Thanks anyway for all the contribution you give to this community, we really apprecciate it.

Back