• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Location Signposts with Background Image (v20/v19/v18/v17/v16)

Resource Location Signposts with Background Image (v20/v19/v18/v17/v16) 1.2

CarlosPR

Novice
Hi question how did you add the volcanic aches weather to the game. I have been looking but had no luck.

I still don't understand how is done. Can you do a tutorial explaining how to make a fog copy and change it to look like that?
This isn't the appropriate thread to ask for help on that topic. Please read these two links (this and this) or create a thread over on the questions forum to ask how fogs in essentials are done.

xDracolich

Novice
Tried to use this, but for whatever reason, the game is not installing the plugin. I put the Maps folder with all the other maps, and dragged and dropped the v20 version into my plugins folder like this, then edited a PBS file to force the game to reload everything, but it's not registering that this plugin exists.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-23 121831.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-23 121831.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 82

xDracolich

Novice
It's been a couple days since I last posted about this, but I still haven't managed to make the Signpost plugin work in my own game. However, I have made several discoveries since.

1. I reinstalled an entirely clean (new) version of 20.1 and followed the instructions provided in the .txt file as I added the resource to that. That worked, and the game accepted the plugin.

2. I frequently make back-ups of my game, primarily before adding big things like new plugins to it. I recently successfully installed a plugin called DiegoWT's Starter Selection ( https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/747/ ), so I tried to install this Signpost plugin on the newest version of the game that did not have DiegoWT's Starter Selection installed. That also worked, and this version also accepted the Signpost plugin.

3. With that in mind, I extracted a clean version of this Location Signposts plugin from the .zip-file, re-read the .txt file to make sure I understood properly what to do, ported over the plugin just as I had done with the previous two examples and... nothing. The game is not registering that this plugin exists, or it chooses to ignore it, and since it was possible to install on versions that don't have the other scripts, something makes me think that the two scripts - despite not being related - somehow would cancel each other out.

4. And for good measure, just to see if my theory was correct, I tried installing the other script (the Starter Selection script) onto the backup of my game that got a working Signpost plugin. Just like I expected, the game fully accepted the Signpost plugin but ignored the Starter Selection plugin's existence entirely.
The two somehow won't co-exist, despite how they should have nothing to do with each other.

I will try and install more plugins to see if it's localized to just these two... or if it's a wider problem

Last edited:
Back