• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Royal Version (Mega Evolution now included)

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
Title.png

Game Download
Pokemon Royal Version 1.4.4: Download
Alternative Link (Zip): Download
Alternative Link 2 (Mediafire): Download

Join the Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/CcvnsEB

Plot
Welcome to the Aristo Region, a quiet region in the Pokemon world. It just so happens that your father and mother are the king and queen of this region. Just as you have turned 10 years old it is time for the Royal Contest to begin. Here you will journey out with your brother, Victor, and Sister, Alice, across the region to complete the gym challenge, all to decide who will become heir to the throne.
Have you got what it takes to become the next ruler of the Aristo Region?

Features
Pokemon from Gen 1-8
A brand new region to explore
Pokemon Reserves - Sanctuaries that breed the starter Pokemon for the various regions of the world.
Several Side Quests
A new evil team intent on overthrowing the crown
Following Pokemon
Optional gen 6 style Exp.Share
Temporal Pokemon - Pokemon from different time periods

Current Version
All 8 Gyms and Pokemon League
Post game Content
All Legendary and Mythical Pokemon to find and catch
34 Temporal Pokemon Evolution Lines to hunt down

Version 1.4 Mega Evolution OUT NOW
-Mega Evolution is finally in the game! - All Megas from the main series are available along with some brand new Temporal Megas, including a Pokemon that can't normally mega evolve! Key trainers now all also have access to Mega Evolution. *
-3 New Temporal Pokemon to go and catch
-The Battle Stadium - Sadly the Battle Factory fell on hard times so had to close down, but the Battle Stadium is here to take it's place. Trainers from across the world have come to test your skills as King/Queen in 8 challenging cups.
-A new Battle UI - Just wanted to make it look a bit cooler
-Ability Capsule - Can now change a Pokemon's ability, including it's Hidden Ability.
-Swapped Temporal Gengar's regular and shiny sprite to make it fir more with Haunter.
-Other general bug fixes

*Note if you have already progressed past the battle with Victor on Route 9 then to access Mega Evolution speak with either person above the Pokemon center in Imperial City (they will talk about Mega Evolution) then go back and see your Dad at home.

Region-Map.png

Starter.png

Venom.png

Cyndaquil.png

Castle.png

Graveyard.png

Mountain.png

PI47l2A.png

dApN1NO.png

i2F79ad.png

npDQlWW.png

Credits:

Ultimate Title Screens:
- Luka S.J.

Fast Forward Scripts:
- Marin

Follow Pokemon:
- mej71

Gen 7 Follow Pokemon:
Sprites mady by Larryturbo, Princess-Phoenix, Kidkatt, Zender1752, SageDeoxys.

Find us at:
larryturbo.deviantart.com
princess-phoenix.deviantart.com
kidkatt.deviantart.com
zender1752.deviantart.com
sagedeoxys.deviantart.com

Sprites:
  • princess-pheonix devinatart
  • Jefries22 deviantart

Gen 8 Icons:
  • leParagon
  • Kalalokki
  • RadicalCharizard
  • NoelleMBrooks
  • Anarlaurendil (Only Melmetal)

Link to the original resource: https://www.deviantart.com/leparagon/art/Gen-8-Icon-sprites-40x30-823261656

Smogon XY Sprite Project:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...d-1st-post-release-v1-1-on-post-3240.3486712/
Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sword-shield-sprite-project.3647722/

Gen 8 Follow Sprites by SageDeoxys

Sun and Moon Sprite Pack:
  • Marin
  • Zeak6464
  • Tapu Fini
  • SpartaLazor
  • leparagon
  • BlackOutG5
  • Rune
  • M3rein
  • Rigbycwts
  • Rot8er_ConeX
  • James Davy
  • Luka S.J.

- Music used from Bensound.com

- Thundaga for the amazing tutorials to help create this

- My incredible wife Jess for testing everything, making custom sprites and most of all putting up with me.

- Most importantly Gamefreak for making one of the best game series ever, they also own all of this so.

Notes
I started this project in 2017 where all that was done was the first 4 gyms. I have finally been able to finish the game with everything I wanted for it. This game is a complete passion project for myself after playing Pokemon for years and having ideas that just kept coming.
I have future post game content ideas which will hopefully be released in the future, along with more Temporal Pokemon.
Please let me know if you played and any feedback you have.​

Last edited:

Ilovepokemon

Novice
What about it sucked?
I felt like there were too many knights to sneak past. Though to be fair some of them were rather predictable. I’m sorry if I sounded rude. It did make me a bit cranky though.

Regarding the boss, I liked how you gave him a Mega Aggron. Luckily I had Lucario and Excadrill.

TheRedGenesect

Novice
Just completed the game, and let me say it's awesome. Nice work! But, do you have a guide of legendary pokemon locations? I have gone across the entire region and am not able to seem to find the legendary pokemon. I would really appreciate it if you could guide me to the locations. Anyways, thanks for such an amazing game.

Narwhal

Rookie
Title.png

Game Download

Plot
Welcome to the Aristo Region, a quiet region in the Pokemon world. It just so happens that your father and mother are the king and queen of this region. Just as you have turned 10 years old it is time for the Royal Contest to begin. Here you will journey out with your brother, Victor, and Sister, Alice, across the region to complete the gym challenge, all to decide who will become heir to the throne.

Features
Pokemon from Gen 1-8
Pokemon Reserves - Sanctuaries that breed the starter Pokemon for the various regions of the world.
Several Side Quests
Following Pokemon

Current Version
Post game Content

-Mega Evolution is finally in the game! - All Megas from the main series are available along with some brand new Temporal Megas, including a Pokemon that can't normally mega evolve! Key trainers now all also have access to Mega Evolution. *
-The Battle Stadium - Sadly the Battle Factory fell on hard times so had to close down, but the Battle Stadium is here to take it's place. Trainers from across the world have come to test your skills as King/Queen in 8 challenging cups.
-Ability Capsule - Can now change a Pokemon's ability, including it's Hidden Ability.
-Swapped Temporal Gengar's regular and shiny sprite to make it fir more with Haunter.
-Other general bug fixes

*Note if you have already progressed past the battle with Victor on Route 9 then to access Mega Evolution speak with either person above the Pokemon center in Imperial City (they will talk about Mega Evolution) then go back and see your Dad at home.

Region-Map.png

Starter.png

Venom.png

Cyndaquil.png

Castle.png

Graveyard.png

Mountain.png

PI47l2A.png

dApN1NO.png

i2F79ad.png

npDQlWW.png

Credits:

Ultimate Title Screens:
- Luka S.J.

Fast Forward Scripts:
- Marin

Follow Pokemon:
- mej71

Gen 7 Follow Pokemon:

Find us at:
kidkatt.deviantart.com

Sprites:
  • Jefries22 deviantart

Gen 8 Icons:
  • leParagon
  • Kalalokki
  • RadicalCharizard
  • NoelleMBrooks

Link to the original resource: https://www.deviantart.com/leparagon/art/Gen-8-Icon-sprites-40x30-823261656

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...d-1st-post-release-v1-1-on-post-3240.3486712/

• Marin
  • Zeak6464
  • Tapu Fini
  • SpartaLazor
  • leparagon
  • BlackOutG5
  • Rune
  • M3rein
  • Rigbycwts
  • Rot8er_ConeX
  • James Davy
  • Luka S.J.

- My incredible wife Jess for testing everything, making custom sprites and most of all putting up with me.

- Most importantly Gamefreak for making one of the best game series ever, they also own all of this so.

Notes
I started this project in 2017 where all that was done was the first 4 gyms. I have finally been able to finish the game with everything I wanted for it. This game is a complete passion project for myself after playing Pokemon for years and having ideas that just kept coming.
I have future post game content ideas which will hopefully be released in the future, along with more Temporal Pokemon.
Title.png

Game Download

Plot

Features
Pokemon from Gen 1-8
Several Side Quests
Following Pokemon

Current Version
Post game Content

-Other general bug fixes

Region-Map.png

Starter.png

Venom.png

Cyndaquil.png

Castle.png

Graveyard.png

Mountain.png

PI47l2A.png

dApN1NO.png

i2F79ad.png

npDQlWW.png

Credits:

Ultimate Title Screens:
- Luka S.J.

Fast Forward Scripts:
- Marin

Follow Pokemon:
- mej71

Gen 7 Follow Pokemon:

Find us at:
kidkatt.deviantart.com

Sprites:
  • Jefries22 deviantart

Gen 8 Icons:
  • leParagon
  • Kalalokki
  • RadicalCharizard
  • NoelleMBrooks

• Marin
  • Zeak6464
  • Tapu Fini
  • SpartaLazor
  • leparagon
  • BlackOutG5
  • Rune
  • M3rein
  • Rigbycwts
  • Rot8er_ConeX
  • James Davy
  • Luka S.J.

Notes
im having an issue with traded pokemon, i just beat the water gym and after leveling them they will stop listening to me but pokemon of higher level that arnt traded are fine and listen. makes me wanting to use pokemon i got from wonder trade and the gardevoir from the second town not viable.

Hexcalliber

Cooltrainer
im having an issue with traded pokemon, i just beat the water gym and after leveling them they will stop listening to me but pokemon of higher level that arnt traded are fine and listen. makes me wanting to use pokemon i got from wonder trade and the gardevoir from the second town not viable.
For trade pokemon u need a certaint amount of badge for them to listen to u and the pokemon that you are the original trainer well u can have it to lv 100 before the first gym for all i care, im pretty sure it also work like that in the main seires games

Vedanth

Novice
Hello! Firstly, I wanted to tell you how much I have loved this game so far. I wanted to know where I could capture Sableye and if the Sablenite is available in the early game. Thank you!

Rosamond

Rookie
This game was top-notch! I really liked the story overall, and I'm very glad that there were trainers on almost every route, forest etc which one can battle more than once (for grinding levels), I would say that I was VERY underlevelled for the post game honestly and had to grind for quite a while, but aside that I really enjoyed this concept of royalty (I mean, it's not everyday that the npcs of a game actually like a player's interfering in their houses) so yeah, this game is a must-try! Hoping to start even more good games like this one!

Penyon16

Rookie
I really love this game and made it to the ice and fire gym then I started getting a name error with line 81(I lost the exact error message). It fixed itself when I download the game again. I can't wait to finish.

Tauros_Silver

Rookie
I tried out this wonder trade at the Pokemon Centre and you can actually spam that to get different Pokemon. In fact, I was surprised to get Manaphy, Volcanion, Yveltal, Eternatus, Moltres, and so on. I'm guessing that's a pretty serious bug. 😅

154AbsPOke

Rookie
Hi! I was just wondering if there was any place in the game to get the Earthquake TM?
Thanks!

Pkaychu

Rookie
Hey, when I tried to start a new game after already completing 1st gym once it shows me this error. What can be done about this, because just yesterday the game was working just fine. pokemon royal please check the image here

jamulcah

Rookie
Title.png

Game Download

Plot

Features
Pokemon from Gen 1-8
Several Side Quests
Following Pokemon

Current Version
Post game Content

-Other general bug fixes

Region-Map.png

Starter.png

Venom.png

Cyndaquil.png

Castle.png

Graveyard.png

Mountain.png

PI47l2A.png

dApN1NO.png

i2F79ad.png

npDQlWW.png

Credits:

Ultimate Title Screens:
- Luka S.J.

Fast Forward Scripts:
- Marin

Follow Pokemon:
- mej71

Gen 7 Follow Pokemon:

Find us at:
kidkatt.deviantart.com

Sprites:
  • Jefries22 deviantart

Gen 8 Icons:
  • leParagon
  • Kalalokki
  • RadicalCharizard
  • NoelleMBrooks

• Marin
  • Zeak6464
  • Tapu Fini
  • SpartaLazor
  • leparagon
  • BlackOutG5
  • Rune
  • M3rein
  • Rigbycwts
  • Rot8er_ConeX
  • James Davy
  • Luka S.J.

Notes

shadowfreak98

Rookie
Title.png

Game Download

Plot

Features
Pokemon from Gen 1-8
Several Side Quests
Following Pokemon

Current Version
Post game Content

-Other general bug fixes

Region-Map.png

Starter.png

Venom.png

Cyndaquil.png

Castle.png

Graveyard.png

Mountain.png

PI47l2A.png

dApN1NO.png

i2F79ad.png

npDQlWW.png

Credits:

Ultimate Title Screens:
- Luka S.J.

Fast Forward Scripts:
- Marin

Follow Pokemon:
- mej71

Gen 7 Follow Pokemon:

Find us at:
kidkatt.deviantart.com

Sprites:
  • Jefries22 deviantart

Gen 8 Icons:
  • leParagon
  • Kalalokki
  • RadicalCharizard
  • NoelleMBrooks

• Marin
  • Zeak6464
  • Tapu Fini
  • SpartaLazor
  • leparagon
  • BlackOutG5
  • Rune
  • M3rein
  • Rigbycwts
  • Rot8er_ConeX
  • James Davy
  • Luka S.J.

Notes
I beat the game as for elite four and became ruler and not sure where all the legendaries are but I am excited to find them. On a side note do we ever get a girlfriend cuz doesn’t a ruler need a queen/king partner??

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
Just completed the game, and let me say it's awesome. Nice work! But, do you have a guide of legendary pokemon locations? I have gone across the entire region and am not able to seem to find the legendary pokemon. I would really appreciate it if you could guide me to the locations. Anyways, thanks for such an amazing game.
Thanks for the nice words really appreciated. If you haven't already joined the discord then a lot of information about locations and stuff is on there.
Yeah, the levels were messed up a bit with obeying, mainly to make the wonder trade not completely OP. But v1.4.5 should have that fixed.
Hello! Firstly, I wanted to tell you how much I have loved this game so far. I wanted to know where I could capture Sableye and if the Sablenite is available in the early game. Thank you!
Both are fairly early, and both can be found in Widow's Cave
This game was top-notch! I really liked the story overall, and I'm very glad that there were trainers on almost every route, forest etc which one can battle more than once (for grinding levels), I would say that I was VERY underlevelled for the post game honestly and had to grind for quite a while, but aside that I really enjoyed this concept of royalty (I mean, it's not everyday that the npcs of a game actually like a player's interfering in their houses) so yeah, this game is a must-try! Hoping to start even more good games like this one!
Thanks a lot. Yeah I really just wanted to make the whole postgame lvl100 to make it a bit more challenging. There is a dojo in Vortex Town that should help though.
I tried out this wonder trade at the Pokemon Centre and you can actually spam that to get different Pokemon. In fact, I was surprised to get Manaphy, Volcanion, Yveltal, Eternatus, Moltres, and so on. I'm guessing that's a pretty serious bug. 😅
No it's intentional to get absolutely anything, mainly just to be a bit of fun more than anything. Don't have to use it if you want a normal run of the game.
how do you evolve kubfu in this game
You can get the scrolls at the Zen Tower in the postgame which will evolve it into whichever of the 2 forms.
I beat the game as for elite four and became ruler and not sure where all the legendaries are but I am excited to find them. On a side note do we ever get a girlfriend cuz doesn’t a ruler need a queen/king partner??
Nice idea XD Not currently in the game though

AmityDevil

Rookie
Can someone tell me how to do the window's cave puzzle and the password for the man in the pokemarket?

KIngey3501

Rookie
Hi having trouble with my fighting Pichu, hasn't evolved into Pikachu yet, used the groomer heaps. He's level 48. I have a feeling it had to do with the fighting Dojo as I accidentally overlevelled pichu by around 10 levels, when I came back his level was reset to the required level, and then when I talked to the Dojo guy the next few times Pichu's level automatically assigned to the required level

Back