• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Royal Version (Mega Evolution now included)

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
Title.png

Game Download
Pokemon Royal Version 1.4.4: Download
Alternative Link (Zip): Download
Alternative Link 2 (Mediafire): Download

Join the Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/CcvnsEB

Plot
Welcome to the Aristo Region, a quiet region in the Pokemon world. It just so happens that your father and mother are the king and queen of this region. Just as you have turned 10 years old it is time for the Royal Contest to begin. Here you will journey out with your brother, Victor, and Sister, Alice, across the region to complete the gym challenge, all to decide who will become heir to the throne.
Have you got what it takes to become the next ruler of the Aristo Region?

Features
Pokemon from Gen 1-8
A brand new region to explore
Pokemon Reserves - Sanctuaries that breed the starter Pokemon for the various regions of the world.
Several Side Quests
A new evil team intent on overthrowing the crown
Following Pokemon
Optional gen 6 style Exp.Share
Temporal Pokemon - Pokemon from different time periods

Current Version
All 8 Gyms and Pokemon League
Post game Content
All Legendary and Mythical Pokemon to find and catch
34 Temporal Pokemon Evolution Lines to hunt down

Version 1.4 Mega Evolution OUT NOW
-Mega Evolution is finally in the game! - All Megas from the main series are available along with some brand new Temporal Megas, including a Pokemon that can't normally mega evolve! Key trainers now all also have access to Mega Evolution. *
-3 New Temporal Pokemon to go and catch
-The Battle Stadium - Sadly the Battle Factory fell on hard times so had to close down, but the Battle Stadium is here to take it's place. Trainers from across the world have come to test your skills as King/Queen in 8 challenging cups.
-A new Battle UI - Just wanted to make it look a bit cooler
-Ability Capsule - Can now change a Pokemon's ability, including it's Hidden Ability.
-Swapped Temporal Gengar's regular and shiny sprite to make it fir more with Haunter.
-Other general bug fixes

*Note if you have already progressed past the battle with Victor on Route 9 then to access Mega Evolution speak with either person above the Pokemon center in Imperial City (they will talk about Mega Evolution) then go back and see your Dad at home.

Region-Map.png

Starter.png

Venom.png

Cyndaquil.png

Castle.png

Graveyard.png

Mountain.png

PI47l2A.png

dApN1NO.png

i2F79ad.png

npDQlWW.png

Credits:

Ultimate Title Screens:
- Luka S.J.

Fast Forward Scripts:
- Marin

Follow Pokemon:
- mej71

Gen 7 Follow Pokemon:
Sprites mady by Larryturbo, Princess-Phoenix, Kidkatt, Zender1752, SageDeoxys.

Find us at:
larryturbo.deviantart.com
princess-phoenix.deviantart.com
kidkatt.deviantart.com
zender1752.deviantart.com
sagedeoxys.deviantart.com

Sprites:
  • princess-pheonix devinatart
  • Jefries22 deviantart

Gen 8 Icons:
  • leParagon
  • Kalalokki
  • RadicalCharizard
  • NoelleMBrooks
  • Anarlaurendil (Only Melmetal)

Link to the original resource: https://www.deviantart.com/leparagon/art/Gen-8-Icon-sprites-40x30-823261656

Smogon XY Sprite Project:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...d-1st-post-release-v1-1-on-post-3240.3486712/
Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sword-shield-sprite-project.3647722/

Gen 8 Follow Sprites by SageDeoxys

Sun and Moon Sprite Pack:
  • Marin
  • Zeak6464
  • Tapu Fini
  • SpartaLazor
  • leparagon
  • BlackOutG5
  • Rune
  • M3rein
  • Rigbycwts
  • Rot8er_ConeX
  • James Davy
  • Luka S.J.

- Music used from Bensound.com

- Thundaga for the amazing tutorials to help create this

- My incredible wife Jess for testing everything, making custom sprites and most of all putting up with me.

- Most importantly Gamefreak for making one of the best game series ever, they also own all of this so.

Notes
I started this project in 2017 where all that was done was the first 4 gyms. I have finally been able to finish the game with everything I wanted for it. This game is a complete passion project for myself after playing Pokemon for years and having ideas that just kept coming.
I have future post game content ideas which will hopefully be released in the future, along with more Temporal Pokemon.
Please let me know if you played and any feedback you have.​

Last edited:

ChloeRose84

Novice
Not sure if I'll get a response but is there like some type of a level cap? Just because most of my pokemon(aside from my starter) are starting to ignore orders and sometimes even though it says they're starting to ignore orders they're still using the moves I asked them too, I got them from wonder trading, could that be why as well? But other than that I am enjoying the game so far!

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
Not sure if I'll get a response but is there like some type of a level cap? Just because most of my pokemon(aside from my starter) are starting to ignore orders and sometimes even though it says they're starting to ignore orders they're still using the moves I asked them too, I got them from wonder trading, could that be why as well? But other than that I am enjoying the game so far!
There is a cap on traded Pokémon, which goes up per badge you get. I think at badge 1 it’s level 20 and then goes up by 10 levels after each badge

Ritor

Rookie
I don't know if this is intended but in the battle with King Arthur (for the Mega Ring) he doesn't use a Zoroark and instead uses 2 Meowstics

R265

Rookie
Most lists for available Pokemon and Temporals is on the Discord. Probably not going to add the Galarian birds in this as there is already the Temporal bird trio.
Where in the discord do I find the list of obtainable mons?

154AbsPOke

Rookie
Hello!
I just wanted to say I absolutely love your game. It is so much fun.
I had just gotten to Imperial city and was talking to my brother by the cave when the game crashed. I went back into it and was able to get back into the game fine and was right where I had saved, however I can't move or press enter to talk to my brother.
It's weird because I can change the pokemon following behind me and also make it stop following me by pressing ctrl, but that's all that works.

I was wondering if there's a way to get the game to work again without have to restart it? I would really appreciate your help. I love the game and really don't want to restart. Thanks so much!

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
I don't know if this is intended but in the battle with King Arthur (for the Mega Ring) he doesn't use a Zoroark and instead uses 2 Meowstics
No one should be a zoroark, I’ll look into it thanks.
Where in the discord do I find the list of obtainable mons?
The encounters channel should have most of them. And then temporals and legendaries for those mons
Hello!
I just wanted to say I absolutely love your game. It is so much fun.
I had just gotten to Imperial city and was talking to my brother by the cave when the game crashed. I went back into it and was able to get back into the game fine and was right where I had saved, however I can't move or press enter to talk to my brother.
It's weird because I can change the pokemon following behind me and also make it stop following me by pressing ctrl, but that's all that works.

I was wondering if there's a way to get the game to work again without have to restart it? I would really appreciate your help. I love the game and really don't want to restart. Thanks so much!
Thanks for the kind words. That is really odd, where were you when you saved exactly? I would try redownloading the game though if you haven’t already. Your game should carry over.

R265

Rookie
The encounters channel should have most of them. And then temporals and legendaries for those mons
The encounters, temporals and legendaries channels are not visible to me. All I can see is the entrance, patch notes and announcements. Do I need a permission to access the other channels. Sorry, but I am new to discord.

154AbsPOke

Rookie
Thanks for the kind words. That is really odd, where were you when you saved exactly? I would try redownloading the game though if you haven’t already. Your game should carry over.
I was at Imperial city. This is where it saved before it crashed:
1619510102623.png

The game has crashed a couple times but I was always able to get back in and continue playing. This time though I can't move or talk to Victor even though I'm facing him. It's very strange.
If I redownload the game are you sure I won't lose all my progress?

Thanks for replying!

ImEthanYT

Rookie
Title.png

Game Download
Pokemon Royal Version 1.4.2: Download
Alternative Link: Download

Join the Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/CcvnsEB

Plot
Welcome to the Aristo Region, a quiet region in the Pokemon world. It just so happens that your father and mother are the king and queen of this region. Just as you have turned 10 years old it is time for the Royal Contest to begin. Here you will journey out with your brother, Victor, and Sister, Alice, across the region to complete the gym challenge, all to decide who will become heir to the throne.
Have you got what it takes to become the next ruler of the Aristo Region?

Features
Pokemon from Gen 1-8
A brand new region to explore
Pokemon Reserves - Sanctuaries that breed the starter Pokemon for the various regions of the world.
Several Side Quests
A new evil team intent on overthrowing the crown
Following Pokemon
Optional gen 6 style Exp.Share
Temporal Pokemon - Pokemon from different time periods

Current Version
All 8 Gyms and Pokemon League
Post game Content
All Legendary and Mythical Pokemon to find and catch
34 Temporal Pokemon Evolution Lines to hunt down

Version 1.4 Mega Evolution OUT NOW
-Mega Evolution is finally in the game! - All Megas from the main series are available along with some brand new Temporal Megas, including a Pokemon that can't normally mega evolve! Key trainers now all also have access to Mega Evolution. *
-3 New Temporal Pokemon to go and catch
-The Battle Stadium - Sadly the Battle Factory fell on hard times so had to close down, but the Battle Stadium is here to take it's place. Trainers from across the world have come to test your skills as King/Queen in 8 challenging cups.
-A new Battle UI - Just wanted to make it look a bit cooler
-Ability Capsule - Can now change a Pokemon's ability, including it's Hidden Ability.
-Swapped Temporal Gengar's regular and shiny sprite to make it fir more with Haunter.
-Other general bug fixes

*Note if you have already progressed past the battle with Victor on Route 9 then to access Mega Evolution speak with either person above the Pokemon center in Imperial City (they will talk about Mega Evolution) then go back and see your Dad at home.

Region-Map.png

Starter.png

Venom.png

Cyndaquil.png

Castle.png

Graveyard.png

Mountain.png

PI47l2A.png

dApN1NO.png

i2F79ad.png

npDQlWW.png

Credits:

Ultimate Title Screens:
- Luka S.J.

Fast Forward Scripts:
- Marin

Follow Pokemon:
- mej71

Gen 7 Follow Pokemon:
Sprites mady by Larryturbo, Princess-Phoenix, Kidkatt, Zender1752, SageDeoxys.

Find us at:
larryturbo.deviantart.com
princess-phoenix.deviantart.com
kidkatt.deviantart.com
zender1752.deviantart.com
sagedeoxys.deviantart.com

Sprites:
  • princess-pheonix devinatart
  • Jefries22 deviantart

Gen 8 Icons:
  • leParagon
  • Kalalokki
  • RadicalCharizard
  • NoelleMBrooks
  • Anarlaurendil (Only Melmetal)

Link to the original resource: https://www.deviantart.com/leparagon/art/Gen-8-Icon-sprites-40x30-823261656

Smogon XY Sprite Project:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...d-1st-post-release-v1-1-on-post-3240.3486712/
Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sword-shield-sprite-project.3647722/

Gen 8 Follow Sprites by SageDeoxys

Sun and Moon Sprite Pack:
  • Marin
  • Zeak6464
  • Tapu Fini
  • SpartaLazor
  • leparagon
  • BlackOutG5
  • Rune
  • M3rein
  • Rigbycwts
  • Rot8er_ConeX
  • James Davy
  • Luka S.J.

- Music used from Bensound.com

- Thundaga for the amazing tutorials to help create this

- My incredible wife Jess for testing everything, making custom sprites and most of all putting up with me.

- Most importantly Gamefreak for making one of the best game series ever, they also own all of this so.

Notes
I started this project in 2017 where all that was done was the first 4 gyms. I have finally been able to finish the game with everything I wanted for it. This game is a complete passion project for myself after playing Pokemon for years and having ideas that just kept coming.
I have future post game content ideas which will hopefully be released in the future, along with more Temporal Pokemon.
Please let me know if you played and any feedback you have.​
Hi where can I get the exp share? I've been looking for it :)

Sobble0327

Rookie
Where can I find these legendaries (like Darkrai,Blacephalon,Stakataka)
Do the original form Moltres and Lugia can obtain now? (I have original form Zapdos and Articuno,and I obtained them in Wonder Trade system)

Sobble0327

Rookie
They are my original form Zapdos and Articuno
And,I can't see the encounter channel,too.==
Screenshot_20210428-154111_RPG Maker Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg
Screenshot_20210428-154132_RPG Maker Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg
Screenshot_20210428-154258_Discord.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
The encounters, temporals and legendaries channels are not visible to me. All I can see is the entrance, patch notes and announcements. Do I need a permission to access the other channels. Sorry, but I am new to discord.
I believe you just have accept the terms on the entrance channel, or one of them and you should be in.
I was at Imperial city. This is where it saved before it crashed:
View attachment 3893
The game has crashed a couple times but I was always able to get back in and continue playing. This time though I can't move or talk to Victor even though I'm facing him. It's very strange.
If I redownload the game are you sure I won't lose all my progress?

Thanks for replying!
I’ll look into this bug but if you redownload the game you will keep your save as it is saved to a different place on your pc.
Hi where can I get the exp share? I've been looking for it :)
One of the houses in Noble Town
Where can I find these legendaries (like Darkrai,Blacephalon,Stakataka)
Do the original form Moltres and Lugia can obtain now? (I have original form Zapdos and Articuno,and I obtained them in Wonder Trade system)
Some legends aren’t in the game and can only be obtained in the wonder trade like articuno and moltres. The ultra beasts aren’t available at all.

Cyclist out of the Blue

Rookie
I believe you just have accept the terms on the entrance channel, or one of them and you should be in.
Not working
I jad the same problem with your discord, even though I am not new to discord.
The only thing I can do is open entrance, patch notes, rules and announcements.
There is a follow button, but when I tap on it it says I dont have the permission.
There is no terms to accept in entrance. I scrolled all the way back to 18th october 2020.

I attach the screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-03-09-24-31-351_com.discord.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-03-09-24-31-351_com.discord.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 245
  • Screenshot_2021-05-03-09-23-18-725_com.discord.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-03-09-23-18-725_com.discord.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 267

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
I cant get the sound to work
Yeah I’m working on a patch to fix the music, should be released soon
Not working
I jad the same problem with your discord, even though I am not new to discord.
The only thing I can do is open entrance, patch notes, rules and announcements.
There is a follow button, but when I tap on it it says I dont have the permission.
There is no terms to accept in entrance. I scrolled all the way back to 18th october 2020.

I attach the screenshots
Sorry couldn’t remember fully, there’s a post in the rules channel that you just have to react to and you get full access

DaineTheWildMage

Rookie
I keep getting this error message when I try to change something in the editor.

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: NoMethodError

Editor2 #####:1260:in `pbPokemonEditor'

Editor2 #####:1056:in `pbListScreenBlock'

Editor:1307:in `loop'

Editor:1332:in `pbListScreenBlock'

Editor2 #####:1056:in `pbPokemonEditor'

EditorMain #####:106:in `pbEditorMenu'

EditorMain #####:106:in `pbFadeOutIn'

EditorMain #####:106:in `pbEditorMenu'

EditorMain #####:85:in `loop'

EditorMain #####:279:in `pbEditorMenu'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\auchi\Saved Games/Pokemon Royal/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

And now when I try to change the EV's a Pokemon gives me I'll tell it to save the changes and it will say nil. I don't know why it's doing that, because it worked just fine on my old computer, but it's been being really weird on the new one.

Last edited:

AbsolGX93

Rookie
I was just wondering, are you able to soft reset for a shiny Temporal Cyndaquil or is that only available through breeding?

Back