• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Overview Tutorials and Resources Requests

This is an informative overview thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you combed through our tutorials and resources and not found what you're looking for? Need a simple resource for your fan game that you can't seem to find, or need a more in-depth guide on something? This is the place where you can request such a thing.

Before requesting anything...
When requesting...
  • Don't make ridiculous requests. No one is going to make you an entire tileset or a complicated script add on. While you can request custom things, be realistic. This isn't the place to be recruiting team members either.
  • Don't repeat your requests. If it's gone unanswered, perhaps you're requesting too much, or no one else is interested.
  • Don't request lots of things at once.
Failure to abide by the above will result in us banning you from replying to the thread.

Reactions: Aki

Djaco75

MasterMind
Ahh. There is a script in the tutorials and resources that can show pictures of the people talking above the windowskin. I really want to include this in my game, but I can not find any portraits of previous Gym Leaders/Elite Four and just about any NPC. I wouldn't mind GIF versions, but if you have any static sprites, they would be appreciated too.

Fontbane

Not a Russian Troll
I think it would be really cool if someone really good with game art like @Cilerba or @SirAquakip could do a spriting/artwork tutorial!

Sparta

banished doof
I need 350 Fakemon as soon as possible. Fronts, backs, shinies, and alternate forms.

Oh, that's not the place for this? Eh, okay. That said, I think it would be nice to see some new options for battle UI and window skins. Those are both pretty common things in a game, and I've seen so very few resources for them. I know @Aki has a UI resource up, but I still don't seem them that much.

I don't really know what words would describe this so excuse me while I point at things on this screenshot
tumblr_opvycg3l5g1rv6iido1_540.gif

See right above the text box? When the battle starts there's a visual effect of waves while everything is still sliding into place. This visual effect isn't just for the special Red Gyarados fight though, I think it's for any wild encounter (but doesn't happen for trainers) because there's also a grass variation and probably a cave one but this is the image I was able to find showing it. Edit: Found examples and put them below

I know it's a small detail but I've been thinking about it lately, haha.

Edit: I Found examples of other effects
tumblr_ordp6jI2m61rv6iido1_500.gif

tumblr_or2qstTUTp1rv6iido1_500.gif

updawg734

Whats up, dawg?
Could someone help me out with move tutors? I was hoping to make move tutors for my game where they offer a host of moves that you can learn for a price (money, shards, etc.). The only example of a move tutor I see in Essentials is the old woman in the Cedolan City Condo map, but she just teaches Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon to the starters (and its free).

I'm assuming there is some kind of script for this, but I don't know what it is. Essentially, it would be like the mart, as you are "shopping" for a move. But then I wanted to possibly make the player pay with an item (i.e. shards). Thanks in advance if anyone can help out!

NoodlesButt

Addicted to Jams
I don't really know what words would describe this so excuse me while I point at things on this screenshot
tumblr_opvycg3l5g1rv6iido1_540.gif

See right above the text box? When the battle starts there's a visual effect of waves while everything is still sliding into place. This visual effect isn't just for the special Red Gyarados fight though, I think it's for any wild encounter (but doesn't happen for trainers) because there's also a grass variation and probably a cave one but this is the image I was able to find showing it.

I know it's a small detail but I've been thinking about it lately, haha.
I hadn't noticed until now but the background also moves into place but it doesn't in essentials.

Hematite

Trainer
I would be really interested in a tutorial on making Pokémon cries, if anyone has figured out how to make ones that don't sound super out-of-place - especially Generation IV/V-style ones, rather than the earlier Generations where they were all the same sounds in different arrangements. Do we know if Game Freak had a particular soundfont for those? I have an extremely hard time believing that they were just sounds put into a microphone, which is the only suggestion I can ever seem to find. XP

I want to point a finger at Overworld packs.

We've got gen 2 NPCs, Essentials has all that gen 3 goodness, and we've got gen 5 NPCs (doesn't this also come with battler sprites I forget). Gen 1 gets no love but gen 4 is a really popular style to make games in.

Anybody ever formatted gen the 4 NPCs for their game? How about pokemon overworlds for those following pokemon of any gen? There's raw resources available of the sprites, it's just a time sink to format them all for Essentials and I'd bet that a lot of people are doing/have done the exact same work.

Jephed

Trainer
Okay so my question/request is not necessarily bound to Pokémon Essentials, but is more about RPG Maker XP itself.

I've been messing around with fog layers and panorama graphics lately and was surprised to find out the fog graphic can move, but the panorama graphic can't. I tried to look up recources and tutorials for this, but I don't think 'Moving Panorama Graphics' exist for RPG Maker XP yet. (correct me if I'm wrong) I have seen this effect in RPG Maker VX Ace though and I'm wondering if RPG Maker XP would be able to do the same via a different strategy.

Do you think it's possible to give the Panorama layer the same attributes as the fog later? (the only difference being, the fact that panorama goes behind the map and the fog goes on top of the map.)

I have some nice map ideas which I'd need a moving panorama for. I also think it's very useful for multiple people, because you can create some very beautiful effects in your maps with it.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to do this, but I just wanted to ask whether or not there's a way to make Panorama's movable. And if not, how hard would it be to create such a thing.

Thanks!

I've been messing around with fog layers and panorama graphics lately and was surprised to find out the fog graphic can move, but the panorama graphic can't.

I've got an easy answer for this: It's totally possible to use a .GIF image as a panorama
jo7D2tI.gif

Great tutorial idea though, maybe I can find something to write about it...

Edit: I did!

Last edited:

Jephed

Trainer
I've got an easy answer for this: It's totally possible to use a .GIF image as a panorama
jo7D2tI.gif

Great tutorial idea though, maybe I can find something to write about it...

Awesome!!! I'll be sure to try my idea out with a .gif instead. Thanks!!!! :D

PokeGeorge

Rookie
Well.. Maybe you could be a bit more specific. Which Pokemon are you looking for exactly? What types did you want them. I do have a few websites I could reccommed, but please specify which Pokemon you would like the sprites of.
I haven't decided yet...
But could you send me the link.

inkbug

doing his best
If anyone has or could link me to a consistent, credited, and relatively complete version of the HeartGold/SoulSilver tileset, that would be great? most of the ones I've found with relatively extensive googling are unsourced, incomplete, or both.

If anyone has or could link me to a consistent, credited, and relatively complete version of the HeartGold/SoulSilver tileset, that would be great? most of the ones I've found with relatively extensive googling are unsourced, incomplete, or both.

Forgive me for the self promo, but I think I've got your hookup:
All made/ripped by me personally, so at least the style is consistent; I think the main thing it's missing are mountain and cave tiles but that the very least there's a start for ya.

inkbug

doing his best
Forgive me for the self promo, but I think I've got your hookup:
All made/ripped by me personally, so at least the style is consistent; I think the main thing it's missing are mountain and cave tiles but that the very least there's a start for ya.
I found these with my initial google searching, and they're notably missing the tall grass tiles? (and the buildings in Ruins of Alph, but I think I can get those myself..) If anyone has HGSS tall grass tiles that I could add to it, that would be golden!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back