• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Pokemon Theós

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
image.png

Introduction
Hey! I'm WaterTrainer, you might know me from my almost completed game 'Pokemon Solar Light Lunar Dark' I'm already onto my next project called 'Pokemon Theós' (Theós is the Greek word for God) which is currently in the early stages of development! I'm gather up everything I need for a demo release within the next few months. Here's how the game goes!

Story
The story starts with you and a few of your friends graduating Trainer School and now that you have graduated, you can become a Pokemon trainer.
You receive your starter Pokemon from a new, relatively young Pokemon Professor, Professor Carob.
As you travel through the region you'll hear stories of ancient legends and myths, talking to the people you meet you'll find that there are many secrets to uncover.
You will also meet an organization called 'Nimbus Corp.' who are out to make the world a better place, helping those who need it and doing good around the region, following the law of the legendary Pokemon, Zerus - The ruler of Thrylos.
You will also meet a group who call themselves 'Team Soul' who have been causing problems throughout the region, on a mission to free their leader, the Pokemon known as Hadesoul - The ruler of the underworld.

12 Tasks
In the story of Hercules, he was tasked with completing 12 tasks in order to prove he was worthy. In the Thrylos region there is something similar, trainers who want to prove their strength and worth can compete in the Thrylos Tasks.
Each Task is located in a different part of the region, 8 of the tasks are lead by a Task Leader, each Task Leader is an expert in a certain type (So like gym leaders), they will task the trainer with something that they will need to complete in order to battle with them, when they have completed it, they will then accept them for a battle, once the battle is over, they are rewarded with a Task Medallion and a special item, once all 8 medallions are collected, they can then face the 4 Task Masters and their more challenging tasks, when they have been completed and defeated, the Task Completer can then enter into the regions Pokemon League.
(This is essentially gym battles and Trials mixed together, there's just a lot more to do)

Features
- Over 200 new, original Fakemon
- Some real Pokemon will appear
- Some real Pokemon will have regional forms!
- Heaps of new characters and some old faces...
- Trainer Customization!
- Quests: Talking to people around the region, will lead you to find hidden places and uncover ancient myths.

Pokemon

Meet The Starters!
gerdg.png

Steggle - Grass Type
Oxon - Fire Type
Kelpony - Water Type

Some of the Route 1 Pokemon
fghj2.png

Quillit - Normal Type
Harpling - Normal/Flying
Possy - Dark Type

Screenshots
(Screenshots are test shots)​

Untitled.png

Help!
So as you can see I have some things done, art wise, but I need help to actually put everything together! Mappers, scripters anyone who knows how to use RPGMaker.
Also other things like putting together stats and stuff, I have a Wikia for the game so that's where everything would need to go.
Let me know if you're interested in joining this project.

Credits
WaterTrainer - Everything you see.
RPGMaker XP
Pokemon Essentials.​

Last edited:
Woah, everythong looks really great so far! The Fakemon look great as always, and the tiles are looking pretty nice as well. I especially love the overworlds you've made, I'm quite the fan of how they have somewhat more realistic proportions. Personally, I think I'd change just how bright the grass and tree tiles are, because right now the green is kind of blinding and too luminous for my liking. It's really great to see you working on a new project, I hope everything works out well for you!

Taq

Sandwich Master
HI WT, I am glad you took my advice, anyway, this looks really neat,
I especially like the fact that you are trying to instead of just copying ideas from the past generations (like megas or trials) you are trying to experiment with your own take on them, I hope that when it comes out it will be the adventure of a life time.

Jephed

Trainer
This game looks amazing! I especially really what you did with the overworld sprites for the characters! It looks very promising and I can't wait to see what else you'll deliver!

Mozart

Annoying Twit
Hi! I played Solar Light/Lunar Dark before and really enjoyed it, so I'm excited to see something new by you! The game's story and concept sound really interesting and the spritework and designs are charming as always.

Radical Raptr

Bug Maniac
This is incredibly impressive!! It's very ambitious, but everything looks great, the style is cute and on point, and it's all done very very well. The tiles, such as that rock wall for example, seem a bit too hard to tell the perspective so you might want to adjust it a bit, but overall it looks amazing.

The idea of the 12 trials is really really unique and fits Pokemon perfectly, I really hope you expand upon it and flesh it out, but you already seem to have a great grasp of it. The idea of having 12 trials to accomplish to prove yourself is great, as it adds a lore aspect to the generic gyms that can be talked about in real terms with npc's and makes it feel more grounded in the overall story (plus it sounds cool as heck)

Venus

Fragment of a Forgotten Past
This is awesome! Pokémon SL/LD is one of my favorite games! And this is the first fan game I see featuring something other than gyms or championships.

By the way, I found something odd in the screenshots.
This is just me, but why put a bridge if there's land under it?

Djaco75

MasterMind
Wow. It looks like you've put a lot of effort into the game. I really like the innovative tiles you've used and think they add heaps to the overall quality of the game. I will say that the first three screenshots look a bit empty, but that's only a small issue. I can't wait to see where this goes! Good Luck!

WaterTrainer

Novice
This is awesome! Pokémon SL/LD is one of my favorite games! And this is the first fan game I see featuring something other than gyms or championships.
By the way, I found something odd in the screenshots.
This is just me, but why put a bridge if there's land under it?

Land with a bridge over it? All the bridges in the screens are over water?

Still a lot more coming!

WaterTrainer

Novice
I have everything ready for a short demo, I just need someone to help me put it together! I'm not having any luck finding people to join this project...

doof

banished doof
I have everything ready for a short demo, I just need someone to help me put it together! I'm not having any luck finding people to join this project...

I'm honestly surprised to hear that. This game looks like it has quite a bit going for it, and I would've imagined that you'd have found some help by now.

That said, I might be able to help out, depending on what you need.

WaterTrainer

Novice
Well Sparta has offered to do events for me so that's cool, I've actually almost completed all the tiles for the entire game, but there's still things like stats for Pokemon that will need to be put into the Wikia.

Taq

Sandwich Master
Well Sparta has offered to do events for me so that's cool, I've actually almost completed all the tiles for the entire game, but there's still things like stats for Pokemon that will need to be put into the Wikia.

Well that's good. I am glad you are able to find assistance on the forum!

AnonymousHominus

Rookie
Man, the sprites of the Pokemon are really impressive, I really like the starters (especially the grass one). I hope I get to play this some day.

D

Deleted member 561

Hey water trainer, I've been following you for a while. This stuff looks amazing. Thanks for coming back!

WaterTrainer

Novice
Hey guys, unfortunately Sparta doesn't have the time to work on this game due to other commitments so I'm back looking for someone to help put the game together! Majority of the stuff is done, it just needs to be put into the game, let me know if you want to help!

MadDeodorant

Insert internet reference here
Hey guys, unfortunately Sparta doesn't have the time to work on this game due to other commitments so I'm back looking for someone to help put the game together! Majority of the stuff is done, it just needs to be put into the game, let me know if you want to help!
Again, if you need help, I'm still available and seeing that everything's ready (or almost) we can storm through the process. Anyway, best of luck for the project.

Back