• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Boon's Phenomena: BW Style Grass Rustle, Cave Dust + More

Resource Boon's Phenomena: BW Style Grass Rustle, Cave Dust + More 3.0.1

Desbrina

Trainer
Seems there's two changes that need to be done for V21.1

In 001_Core.rb change
self.possible = types.size > 0 && $trainer.party.length > 0
to
self.possible = types.size > 0 && $player.party.length > 0

Then in the same file, change
pbWait(1)
to
pbWait(0.025)

PauloJugoslavia

Novice
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `isPassableStrict?' for nil:NilClass

Backtrace:
[Boon's Phenomena] 001_Core.rb:87:in `block (2 levels) in generate'
[Boon's Phenomena] 001_Core.rb:73:in `each'
[Boon's Phenomena] 001_Core.rb:73:in `block in generate'
[Boon's Phenomena] 001_Core.rb:72:in `each'
[Boon's Phenomena] 001_Core.rb:72:in `generate'
[Boon's Phenomena] 002_EventHandlers.rb:26:in `block in <main>'
Event_Handlers:89:in `block in trigger'
Event_Handlers:89:in `each_value'
Event_Handlers:89:in `trigger'
Event_HandlerCollections:63:in `trigger'

Getting this error when a Bird or Cave Phenomenon starts. Anybody else have this problem?

Mark93

Novice
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `isPassableStrict?' for nil:NilClass

Backtrace:
[Boon's Phenomena] 001_Core.rb:87:in `block (2 levels) in generate'
[Boon's Phenomena] 001_Core.rb:73:in `each'
[Boon's Phenomena] 001_Core.rb:73:in `block in generate'
[Boon's Phenomena] 001_Core.rb:72:in `each'
[Boon's Phenomena] 001_Core.rb:72:in `generate'
[Boon's Phenomena] 002_EventHandlers.rb:26:in `block in <main>'
Event_Handlers:89:in `block in trigger'
Event_Handlers:89:in `each_value'
Event_Handlers:89:in `trigger'
Event_HandlerCollections:63:in `trigger'

Getting this error when a Bird or Cave Phenomenon starts. Anybody else have this problem?
did you change "$MapFactory" to "$map_factory" for v21.1?

PumpkinLeaf

Rookie
Does anyone know how to decrease the chance of the phenomena happening? I've tried editing the encounters.txt and config file, but those don't seem to work.

Willix

Novice
I'm using this with the changes commented by Desbrina and it works fine on v21.1. Just one question, I have a custom Animations.rxdata file (from the Following Pokemon EX script). If I replace it with the one provided here, I can see the phenomena but all the animations for Following Pokemon dissapear, and if I don't use this file, Following Pokemon animations work fine but I can't see the phenomena. How can I merge both files so I can have all the animations?

Mark93

Novice
I'm using this with the changes commented by Desbrina and it works fine on v21.1. Just one question, I have a custom Animations.rxdata file (from the Following Pokemon EX script). If I replace it with the one provided here, I can see the phenomena but all the animations for Following Pokemon dissapear, and if I don't use this file, Following Pokemon animations work fine but I can't see the phenomena. How can I merge both files so I can have all the animations?
I don't know if there are better methods, I usually open another project with the different animation file you want to add and simply copy and paste the animations from one's editor to the one of your game which already contains the other animations.

Willix

Novice
I don't know if there are better methods, I usually open another project with the different animation file you want to add and simply copy and paste the animations from one's editor to the one of your game which already contains the other animations.
I'm not sure what do you mean 'copy and paste from one's editor to the other one'. Do you export animations using debug and then import in the other project? I can only find options to export/import battle animations, not regular ones.

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
Press f10, choose a animation tab...
You will see all animations where provided by animation.rxdata files.

Willix

Novice
Press f10, choose a animation tab...
You will see all animations where provided by animation.rxdata files.
I tried that way and when I press f10 I can see phenomenon animation inside the Animations folder, but nothing shows on the overworld. Tried compiling all data several times but no luck, animation.rxdata seems to be unmodified

EDIT: I worked it out, animations editor opens up pressing f9, f10 opens another menu which also happens to have graphic things and animations 😅. I copied and pasted animations from one project to the other and now everything seems fine, thank you very much!

Last edited:

Arfonia

Novice
Seems there's two changes that need to be done for V21.1

In 001_Core.rb change
self.possible = types.size > 0 && $trainer.party.length > 0
to
self.possible = types.size > 0 && $player.party.length > 0

Then in the same file, change
pbWait(1)
to
pbWait(0.025)
I made the modifications but I get this error after leaving a battle

1710040878142.png

Willix

Novice
Hi again, just wondering if there's any script call that can be made via event to force a phenomenon to appear on a specific (x,y) coordinates. I want to make some sort of tutorial about how this mechanic works, and I want an NPC to explain it to the player, while a phenomenon appears next to them, just to show how it looks.

Back