• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Boon's Phenomena: BW Style Grass Rustle, Cave Dust + More

Resource Boon's Phenomena: BW Style Grass Rustle, Cave Dust + More 3.0.1

boonzeet

Developer of Pokemon: Secrets of the Ages
boonzeet submitted a new resource:

Phenomenon: BW Style Grass Rustle, Cave Dust + More - Creates the random events from BW, complete with custom battle music and customisable item drops

View attachment 269 View attachment 271

My favourite feature of Black and White was the phenomena - random events that let you snag good items or rare Pokémon, or even just fighting Audinos for a good EXP boost. So I've created it in Essentials!

This is my first 'big script', so any experienced coders, I'd love some feedback and tips to improve it.

Features
  • All 4 random events - Grass rustling, Water bubbles, Cave dust and Flying birds, complete with sound effects...

Read more about this resource...

Achohermano

Novice
I added everything in the order you said, and it doesn't work.

The game runs perfectly, but there's not any grass/water/cave etc rustle encounter. I even changed the r value to a number which is always higher than PHENOMENOM_FREQ, and it even the it justs...Doesn't work at all.

boonzeet

I added everything in the order you said, and it doesn't work.

The game runs perfectly, but there's not any grass/water/cave etc rustle encounter. I even changed the r value to a number which is always higher than PHENOMENOM_FREQ, and it even the it justs...Doesn't work at all.

Did you set the defined switch to ON?

I've cleared up the code for it and added the ability to just leave phenomenon permanently on by setting this to -1. Just did a test install on a fresh version of Essentials using the instructions and it definitely works.

Last edited:

Achohermano

Novice
Did you set the defined switch to ON?

I've cleared up the code for it and added the ability to just leave phenomenon permanently on by setting this to -1. Just did a test install on a fresh version of Essentials using the instructions and it definitely works.
Oh, yeah...I didn't do that, you're right... Thanks, and sorry for having such a silly mistake, should've read your script better Dx

boonzeet

Oh, yeah...I didn't do that, you're right... Thanks, and sorry for having such a silly mistake, should've read your script better Dx

Not at all, it was actually really ambiguous what that option did! Thanks for alerting me to it and giving me a chance to improve it

boonzeet

boonzeet

Edael

Sad Mad Duck Enthusiast
TW9bwM8.png

It's above main, I have some of marin's scripts above it, I've set up the encounter and turned the switch on.

LoungYink

Rookie
I'm having trouble get the encounters to show up - it could be that this doesn't work in v18.1 yet, but I tried nonetheless. I had to change the Switch = 59 because switch 56 is taken now. I set the frequency to 450, set the encounters for route 1 and used the Debug menu to turn swithc 59 ON, which is even showing up as Phenomenon, but I'm still not getting anything. Do I need to have Marin's scripting utilites? I have LukaSJ's, but not Marin's.

boonzeet

TW9bwM8.png

It's above main, I have some of marin's scripts above it, I've set up the encounter and turned the switch on.
Please ensure RPG Maker XP is closed while replacing the Animations.rxdata file.

I'm having trouble get the encounters to show up - it could be that this doesn't work in v18.1 yet, but I tried nonetheless. I had to change the Switch = 59 because switch 56 is taken now. I set the frequency to 450, set the encounters for route 1 and used the Debug menu to turn swithc 59 ON, which is even showing up as Phenomenon, but I'm still not getting anything. Do I need to have Marin's scripting utilites? I have LukaSJ's, but not Marin's.
I'll check but I'm pretty sure this works in 18.1. Please can you share how your encounters are set up?

DaisukeDoi7

Rookie
Question, how to you set up the custom music? I've been trying to make it work but I've been having errors. This issue specifically. I'm not sure if I am putting the file name wrong or something.

1621562015503.png

boonzeet

Magic0loc0

Rookie
Question, how to you set up the custom music? I've been trying to make it work but I've been having errors. This issue specifically. I'm not sure if I am putting the file name wrong or something.

View attachment 4379
Scroll down to line 185, put your Battle Music file between the quotation marks and remove everything past the &&'s (including the &&'s). That's what solved it for me at least. Not a code expert tho.

boonzeet

Scroll down to line 185, put your Battle Music file between the quotation marks and remove everything past the &&'s (including the &&'s). That's what solved it for me at least. Not a code expert tho.
In the new version, there is a setting at the top on line 20 "BattleMusic". Setting this to the name of the file alone e.g. "Battle roaming" will automatically play the music.

SebastiaanZ

Trainer
EDIT:
That was a mistake on my part lol.

However PhenomenonBird doesn't show up while the rest does. How can I fix that?

Last edited:

Keyacom

20100 = Magic number
EDIT:
That was a mistake on my part lol.

However PhenomenonBird doesn't show up while the rest does. How can I fix that?
You should make a fully transparent tile, with a terrain tag of 29. This will ensure the shadows will appear.

Nomi

Trainer
Hey I'm having multiple issues with this plugin and I'm not sure how to fix them or what I could be doing wrong. Basically I was having issues with having phanomenon spawn way too often/on every possible step which I previous asked about on a now deleted post because I have encountered a new problem where now a phanomenon wont even show up at all. Really confused by all this because I havent changed anything in the script so any help would be great. Thanks.
Having this issue too. No matter how much I attempt to adjust the rate of encounters, they show up every other step.

ShinyRaichu94

Novice
I got this error by random when you leave a wild battle from a Phenomena Encounter.

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
Sprite_AnimationSprite:78:in `update'
[Boon's Phenomena] 001_Script.rb:241:in `update'
Scene_Map:144: in `block in updateSpritesets'
Scene_Map:138: in `each'
Scene_Map:138: in `updateSpritesets'
Scene_Map:165: in `update'
Scene_Map:218: in `block in main'
Scene_Map:215: in `loop'
Scene_Map:215: in `main'
Main:34: in `mainFunctionDebug'