• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
BW 'Shout' Message Effect

Resource BW 'Shout' Message Effect 1.1

boonzeet

Developer of Pokemon: Secrets of the Ages
boonzeet submitted a new resource:

BW 'Shout' Message Effect - A command for messages to display a shouting effect similar to the one seen in Black/White.

View attachment 268

I wanted to include the BW 'shout/scream' effect in my games, and thought I would make it available to everyone as I hadn't seen it before.

To use

Start a message with '\sh' and the message box, sound effect and shake effect will all be applied.

To set up

First, download the linked file which contains a windowskin and sound effect. Add the Windowskin to your Graphics/Windowskins folder, and...

Read more about this resource...

Lucem_Wolf

Rookie
This is super cool and helps add a lot of personality to conversations!

Do you know if it will this work with v19.1? If not, do you plan on updating it for v19.1?

Thanks!

EDIT: I tested the v18 code, and it works perfectly for v19.1! No changes necessary!

Last edited:

REALMUGEN

Trainer
Hi! Has anyone managed to update this script to 21.1? I'm trying but I can't activate the message shake...

KeMiX

Rookie
Hi! Has anyone managed to update this script to 21.1? I'm trying but I can't activate the message shake...

I moved the declaration for "startSE = nil" up to the top of the pbMessageDisplay function alongside all the other nil variables to get it to work. Based on where the plug-in instructions tell you to put the new lines of code, you can see that "startSE = nil" is declared below it (a little after Line 500), so it seems like it was overwriting the variable.

I'm still testing it out to see if there are any side-effects, but at least in my limited testing it displays the windowskin and plays the sound now.

Back