• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Game Jam Game Jam #5: Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
gj5logo.png

Let the jam commence yet again!
RELIC GAME JAM #5 has begun!
JUNE 30TH - AUGUST 10TH 2019

Discussion Thread
Overview Thread - Recruitment Thread
Be sure to check out the game jam channels on our Discord!

Relic Game Jam #5

Welcome to the fifth annual Relic Castle Game Jam!

For the uninformed: a game jam is an event where developers will get together and make a game. It sounds simple at first glance, but making a good game is much more difficult and time consuming than you might think. Participating in one is a great way to challenge yourself, learn new skills, and polish your overall experience as a game developer.

Another year, another game jam! Our fifth game jam might not be too different from previous years, but we're nonetheless incredibly excited to see those familiar faces and newcomers alike! Year after year, everyone impresses us with how creative and unique their entries are -- and we don't think this year will be any different.

The Pokémon fan game community is an amazing place, and that's all thanks to each and every one of you. Take pride in that, and your hard work! Let's make this game jam a special one!

Additional thanks to @Cilerba for letting us re-use the game jam logo from last year!

Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Relic Game Jam #5 discussion thread! Here you can discuss the game jam, show progress off on your entry, get feedback on your entry, get hyped about other entries, and all that good stuff! If you're looking to recruit, try the Relic Game Jam #5 recruitment thread! Otherwise, have at it!

Kartik

Disappointment
If I make my tileset public today will it count as usable?
(I Just finished it so I couldn't do it earlier)

If I make my tileset public today will it count as usable?
(I Just finished it so I couldn't do it earlier)
Q: Can I release the things from past projects that I want to use as a resource and use them for my entry?
A: No, not while the game jam is underway. You're free to use resources that get uploaded during the game jam, but things uploaded by yourself would be seen as trying to circumvent this rule. We'll be keeping an eye on what resources end up in which game.

Normally the answer would be no, but if you release it as soon as possible we'll allow it. We're only on the first day after all.

Kartik

Disappointment
Q: Can I release the things from past projects that I want to use as a resource and use them for my entry?
A: No, not while the game jam is underway. You're free to use resources that get uploaded during the game jam, but things uploaded by yourself would be seen as trying to circumvent this rule. We'll be keeping an eye on what resources end up in which game.

Normally the answer would be no, but if you release it as soon as possible we'll allow it. We're only on the first day after all.

It's 20 and a half hour before this post so I guess it works. Please confirm me if possible though

Kartik

Disappointment
2 Weeks into the jam and 4 possible submissions?
Seems slow this year :(

Kartik

Disappointment
I can't seem to be able to join the discord and I got that from the number of posts in the relic castle forum
well sorry for being dumb. x-x

Roshimitsu

Rookie
I've messaged you about it. We're changing up the Discord authentication soon so there won't be any more issues.
Doooooope, because I've not been able to join for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back