• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Cross-community Fangame Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

We'd like to hear your thoughts on doing cross-community fangame events. These could be big or small game jams, but also another type of "jam" or competition that we haven't done here on Relic Castle before.

The rules and standards would be the same on both communities (Relic Castle and PokeCommunity, for instance), and would be moderated either by the moderators of the two forums or by a few chosen judges/volunteers.

Please cast your vote in the poll on this thread, and if you have any additional thoughts, feel free to leave those in this thread as well!

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
as someone who doesn't really go on pokécommunity, is there a lot of overlap between the people there, ie do many people know people both there and here, or is it mostly a separate group of people? if both places already have some degree of connections with each other it'd probably work out, but if most people are like me, it'd probably be like trying to force two groups of friends together in real life: there's going to be plenty of "hey, how are you," and a few people will make meaningful connections, but most won't ever hear from anyone else again after the event is over.

HollowGap

How am I still alive
What's the goal here? If it's something like, a game jam event announced at both PC and RC, that seems fine. I would love to see more participation in a game jam. I think it can encourage more people than just simply having someone from RC popping up on PC Discord server and inviting them to join our event.

juliorain

Trainer
Cross-community would be more RC x PokéLiberty or wahackforo since a lot of people in RC are also in PC.
We were planning with PC, however if you are apart of another community and like to see them included , we would be very interested!

juliorain

Trainer
What's the goal here? If it's something like, a game jam event announced at both PC and RC, that seems fine. I would love to see more participation in a game jam. I think it can encourage more people than just simply having someone from RC popping up on PC Discord server and inviting them to join our event.

The goal is to attract a diverse crowd over something we all know and love: making fan games!

juliorain

Trainer
as someone who doesn't really go on pokécommunity, is there a lot of overlap between the people there, ie do many people know people both there and here, or is it mostly a separate group of people? if both places already have some degree of connections with each other it'd probably work out, but if most people are like me, it'd probably be like trying to force two groups of friends together in real life: there's going to be plenty of "hey, how are you," and a few people will make meaningful connections, but most won't ever hear from anyone else again after the event is over.

PC and RC staff have both been in contact with each other regarding this event! Ideally conversation between communities will stretch beyond casual small talk.

D

Deleted member 1065

I'd like to see other communities but I can't speak for them. Since there's no transparence for now (I can't find a discussion log about the organization and it should be public) the most conveinient way is to allow submission to represent one of the various communities on the Web (PokéLiberty, wahackforo, /rheg/, Pokémon Workshop, etc...)

That way that would be a real cross-community event, if you communicate with other community in order to give them enough time to post the information about the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back