• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Multiple Protagonists v5.0.0

ItsJust_Tobi

Rookie
Yo I tried installing the script but I keep getting this error if you can help out that'll be great! I’m also using V18

---------------------------
Error
Script '[Interpreter]' line 246: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 1 (coords 9,9), map 130 (intro):

Exception: NameError

Message: [[Multiple Protags]]:742:in `pbCharacterInfoArray'uninitialized constant PBCharacterData::Following_Activated_Switch

***Full script:

pbTrainerName

Backtrace:

Interpreter:197:in `pbExecuteScript'

[[Multiple Protags]]:665:in `pbTrainerName'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1458:in `eval'

Interpreter:197:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1458:in `command_355'

Interpreter:359:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:155:in `update'

Interpreter:102:in `loop'

Interpreter:158:in `update'

OK

Message: [[Multiple Protags]]:742:in `pbCharacterInfoArray'uninitialized constant PBCharacterData::Following_Activated_Switch
Have you made any changes to the script? Because it looks like this is saying line 742 is referring to Following_Activated_Switch, but that's not referred to anywhere in the base script.

There's also a section in the instructions at the top labelled # SCRIPT COMPATIBILITY that goes into how to add variables for that module.

ItsJust_Tobi

Rookie
I didn't change anything in the script it crashes whenever I get to name my character using pbTrainerName is that causing the crash?

ItsJust_Tobi

Rookie
wow.PNG
I figured it out I was supposed to switch the two around in the script editor sorry about the simple mistake

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
Great script! I think I ran into a problem, however. It seems that if the Pokédex has more than one regional dex, this seems to mess with it and causes the game to not recognize them. Maybe I did something wrong though, on my side, it's possible. Just thought I'd bring this up anyway!

NettoHikari

Cooltrainer

apx

Rookie
Hello i am using v4.0.2 of ur project i would like to know if there is way to increase the maximum number of characters to 19 i tried to change the number "8" into 19 for example @mainCharacters = Array.new(19)
but still the character after number of 8 is showing default character 0

NettoHikari

Cooltrainer
Hello i am using v4.0.2 of ur project i would like to know if there is way to increase the maximum number of characters to 19 i tried to change the number "8" into 19 for example @mainCharacters = Array.new(19)
but still the character after number of 8 is showing default character 0
It is not easily doable in v4.0.2 (Essentials v19.1) due to limitations with how you define characters in the metadata. However, that has changed in the latest version of Essentials (v20.1), so the cap has been removed in the latest version of this script (v4.1.0). So if you want to increase the limit of 8 characters, the easiest way will be to upgrade your game to Essentials v20.1.

apx

Rookie
It is not easily doable in v4.0.2 (Essentials v19.1) due to limitations with how you define characters in the metadata. However, that has changed in the latest version of Essentials (v20.1), so the cap has been removed in the latest version of this script (v4.1.0). So if you want to increase the limit of 8 characters, the easiest way will be to upgrade your game to Essentials v20.1.
Oh Okay thanks

DesuRaboot

Rookie
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere else or brought to your attention, but something I've come across is the Bag doesn't seem to be separate between each character. For example, Character A buys 10 Poke Balls, Character B also has those 10 Poke Balls in their Bag as well. Same seems to go for finding items or receiving them from NPCs.

Also something weird is the play time for a new save file seems to add several hours. I'm not sure why.

I'm using Essentials v20.

NettoHikari

Cooltrainer
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere else or brought to your attention, but something I've come across is the Bag doesn't seem to be separate between each character. For example, Character A buys 10 Poke Balls, Character B also has those 10 Poke Balls in their Bag as well. Same seems to go for finding items or receiving them from NPCs.

Also something weird is the play time for a new save file seems to add several hours. I'm not sure why.

I'm using Essentials v20.
I have just released a fix for the bag issue. I was not able to replicate the issue with the play time - could you tell me what steps you took starting from a new game to see that issue show up? You might also want to test this in a clean version of Essentials with only this script to see if it's not some other script causing it.

DesuRaboot

Rookie
I have just released a fix for the bag issue. I was not able to replicate the issue with the play time - could you tell me what steps you took starting from a new game to see that issue show up? You might also want to test this in a clean version of Essentials with only this script to see if it's not some other script causing it.
Thanks for the quick response!

The play time issue was from starting a new game, going to the menu and saving. It would say I've been playing for some random amount of time (usually 2+ hours). I put your script in a clean project and can't replicate it. Maybe it's something I'd caused myself by messing around with code.

Black24

Pokemon Fellowship in Kanto
so if two character where partners and they defeated a gym leader in a double battle, is there away to give both badges?

NettoHikari

Cooltrainer
so if two character where partners and they defeated a gym leader in a double battle, is there away to give both badges?
Normally the script you use to give the player a badge is $player.badges[X] = true. Instead of that, you can use:

Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
getPlayerFromCharacter(id1).badges[X] = true
getPlayerFromCharacter(id2).badges[X] = true
where id1 and id2 are the character IDs of the two characters that defeated the gym leader.

Black24

Normally the script you use to give the player a badge is $player.badges[X] = true. Instead of that, you can use:

Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
getPlayerFromCharacter(id1).badges[X] = true
getPlayerFromCharacter(id2).badges[X] = true
where id1 and id2 are the character IDs of the two characters that defeated the gym leader.
will try it thanks

Black24

thanks again for the awesome scrip, in earlier post ( not by me ) i found that there is a way to map sync two charcters if they are partners, now I know this may sound crazy but is there a way to sync also partner's pokemon after battle ( i stopped the auto recovery when there is a partner)

also idont know if it is abug or due to essentials, when you partner with another main character he dosen't seems to be able to access his bag, like for using potion, and the more important one is his pokemons can't access their hold items

NettoHikari

Cooltrainer
thanks again for the awesome scrip, in earlier post ( not by me ) i found that there is a way to map sync two charcters if they are partners, now I know this may sound crazy but is there a way to sync also partner's pokemon after battle ( i stopped the auto recovery when there is a partner)

also idont know if it is abug or due to essentials, when you partner with another main character he dosen't seems to be able to access his bag, like for using potion, and the more important one is his pokemons can't access their hold items
For your first question, try adding this line at the end of the battle in the event:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
getPlayerFromCharacter(partner_id).party = $PokemonGlobal.partner[3]
where partner_id is the partner's character ID (same ID as what goes in pbSwitchCharacter).

For the second question, I haven't edited the AI code in any way. You should try downloading a new copy of Essentials and testing out a double battle with a partner, and if the same issue happens then it's a bug in Essentials.

Back