• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Nova

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Nova%20logo_zpsbip2e953.png
Introduction:
Pokemon Nova is a fan game created by myself using Pokemon Essentials & RPG Maker XP.
I wanted to create a game which reminded me the original RBY games but with updated graphics, mechanics and my very own Fakemon.

Plot:
The player moves to a new region known as the Mahalo Region. Upon arival the player meets of the lab assistants who invites you to the lab. As from there on out the game starts up and the player must travel across the region, catching and training Pokemon. Testing their battling skills against the 8 Gym Leaders of the region to one day challenge the Mahalo Elite 4.

Along the way you will meet various characters, both friends or foes. And in true Pokemon fashion, be the kid who may have to save the world from an evil team!

Features:
- Over 200 Fakemon
- Mega Evolution
- Edited 3rd Generation graphics
- New Moves and also moves that have featured from later generations i.e Leafage.
- No HMs
- 2 Rivals
- 8 Gym Leaders and Elite 4
- "Evil" Team
- Choice in the story which can lead the player down two routes

Progress:
The original version has all 8 Gyms, and Elite 4 but is missing the story due to me wanting to revamp the region. However because of this I have a clear plan of how the game will go and so I can quickly progress with updates and such.
So far I have re mapped the region and there is now:
- 7 Towns
- 3 Gyms
- 8 Routes
+ a few extra like caves, forests, etc...
The Demo stops just after route 8 but I am working on getting to a few new gyms for the next update.

I tend to update with screenshots/Images/Maps on my twitter page:
https://twitter.com/PKMN_Nova

Please note that this is a very early version of the project and things are set to change.

Screenshots:
The starters are slightly different now and I will get a new screenshot of the three of them very soon.
starters_zpsefpxz64l.png
New%20Tide%20Twon_zpswvttu5cu.png
Route%203_zpse8kalz65.png
Hokua%20Forest_zpsch7yy3da.png
Huia%20Beach_zps7hyw2s8k.png
Battle%20Market_zpskqqs6cit.png

Playthrough:
Here is a previous version of the game, some maps have now been edited to look better.

Download Link:
Pokemon Nova Download

Credits:
Fakemon Design, Tileset edits, character sprites:
- Charizardthree - https://www.youtube.com/charizardthree

Pokémon Essentials Starter Kit:
- Maruno
- Poccil
- Flameguru

Last edited:

MasterBallz

x99
Just because people are commenting about it I feel I should make a post to say that the starters have been changed up slightly, the grass starter no loner has the black as the outline colour. I'll update the original post as well so people know.

grass%20starter%20no%20black%20outline_zpsztp1qeqq.png
------------------------

I'm going to take that you don't like the designs? How do you think I could make them better or do you just think I need to scrap them and make new ones?
As for the consistency in the sprites, I am working on getting them to all look decent. In the final or even the later releases I'll work on refining them all to the same style.

I actually like the designs tbh, the grass starter looks better now without the black outline but one thing that still bothers me is the bird starter looks like it should be a second stage evolution. The other two look like true 1st stage pokemon, maybe it was that that bothered me about them.

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Updated the Demo for Pokemon Nova.

There are now:
- 3 Gyms
- 6 Towns
- 8 Routes
- New characters/Fakemon have been added.

Note that this is an early release so there maybe bugs. Please save regularly just in case I have missed these bugs. If anything comes up please do let me know :)

I have updated the original post with the new Download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5sbh809uvc95gt/Pokemon Nova Demo V2.1.rar?dl=0

Just so people know V2.2 is now ready to download. It just fixes a few bugs from V2.1.
If any other problems arise please do let me know

Back