• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Ultra Jam!

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Game Title: Pokemon Ultra Jam!
Haven't you always wanted to join the Ultra Recon Squad? No? Me neither. But in Pokemon Ultra Jam you get to do just that, playing as Zossie, a new recruit ready to protect the galaxy....probably. Travel to different worlds and find interesting new Ultra Beasts in this short game that you may like or think, meh, okay. No matter what, you'll have tons of fun (maybe) exploring and Discovering new worlds!

Game Screenshots:
GbHkXyI.png
EFspcWK.png

0X2p3tq.png
M8gjr3d.png

NIyxpW8.png
jyxTUFc.png
Game Download:
Made Using:
RPG Maker XP + Pokemon Essentials
Team:
Me (@Foxowl )
@Taq
@greatmaccao

Notes:
This game was made under strange circumstances. During the middle I took a 2 week break from everything, which hindered our progress. We ended up shortening and shortening our game as the time left shortened. Instead of being a month-made game, it was more like a week and a half. All of us tried to manage our busy schedules in order to complete the game, so we're proud that we did in the end. However, on the last night of the jam I was forced to make the decision to drastically cut the game down to just two worlds, which is why the game is like 3-30 minutes of play time. I'm not super happy with the result but I' proud I was able to make this game with some amazing people and the support of Relic Castle, so thanks y'all for making my first game pretty fun. I hope you enjoy it!

Resource Pack:
Credits:
- Nintendo
- Game Freak

Pokemon Essentials Kit
- Poccil
- Flameguru
- Maruno

Dev Team:
- Foxowl - Mapping, Eventing, Programming, Ideas
- Taquilla - Writing, Ideas
- greatmaccao - Concept Art, Spriting, Ideas

Tile credits:
- Magiscarf
- WesleyFG
- SailorVicious (Formerly known as Heavy-Metal-Lover)
- Shawn Frost
- NSora-96
- PeekyChew
- Kyle-Dove
- Claisprojects.com
- Minorthreat0987
- The-Red-Ex
- UltimoSpriter
- TyranitarDark
- DarkDragonn
- rafa-cac
- Alucus
- Newtiteuf
- ChaoticCherryCake
- moca
- Foxowl
- Phyromatical
- Akiazura16

Other Assorted Credits:
- Mid117
- The Smogon Sprite Project
- Mr. Sunshine
- princessphoenix
- NicoMts
- Wikidex
- Leparagon
- clara_wah_dbuifny
- The Gen 6 Project
- Zeak6464
- Tapu Fini - SpartaLazor
- BlackOutG5
- Rune
- M3rein
- Rigbycwts
- Rot8er_ConeX
- James Davy
- Luka S.J
.- Mutant Yoshi
- mangamanga
- Almighty Arceus

Last edited:

WolfShadowWhisper

Just a wolf that loves the shadows on a hot day :)
This game is so short it hurts :'( And it's so beautiful and fun, it deserves to be bigger....

Ruranra

Rookie
10-45 minutes of play time? It's literally 5 minutes, the download was longer than the playtime...

It's literally 5 minutes

Maybe it's 5 minutes if you speedrun? If you beat the whole thing that fast it'd be nice to leave some feedback in your comment! ;)

It took me around 30 to get to the end of the game, so here's my thoughts in a spoiler.
It was a short experience, but I like the idea behind this game! I think a more fleshed out version would be really fun to play and honesetly a single area is a great length for a taster demo, even if this was a really small one.

My main issues with what's available is that there's no real options for the player. Without changing the size of the game, I'd make these changes to improve the experience:
1. Add a shop so the player can buy items. Having more pokeballs available, or having items to heal would be huge game changers compared to right now.
2. Let the player go back through the wormhole to heal/shop, or let the recon guy on the other side of the wormhole act as a healer.
Now, if the player had access to a shop beforehand I'd be okay with locking them in, preparing items in order to survive without a healing station is a legit difficulty you might want to set for the game.

I don't know if you got the chance to playtest so I think I should point this out. One of the common wild pokemon is Yanma (I mostly saw Yanma and a couple Skorupi, once each I saw a Carnivine and a Croagunk) and the moveset of the Yanma I encountered consisted of Sonicboom, Quick Attack, Double Team, and Detect. Sonicboom allways does 20 hit points of damage, and my Poipole at level 21 had 63 hit points. Between Sonicboom's ability to take me out in about 3 hits, combined with Double Team and Detect making my attacks less likely to hit, Yanma was just a really dangerous opponent that was hard to work around.

As for the Guzzlord fight, I didn't actually win but was still able to complete the game. Guzzzlord used Dragon Tail to end the battle, and after the game saying it was the end, it crashed with this error:
e8Hsr3S.png

Foxowl

Professional Procrastinator/Idiot
Discord Mod
Maybe it's 5 minutes if you speedrun? If you beat the whole thing that fast it'd be nice to leave some feedback in your comment! ;)

It took me around 30 to get to the end of the game, so here's my thoughts in a spoiler.
It was a short experience, but I like the idea behind this game! I think a more fleshed out version would be really fun to play and honesetly a single area is a great length for a taster demo, even if this was a really small one.

My main issues with what's available is that there's no real options for the player. Without changing the size of the game, I'd make these changes to improve the experience:
1. Add a shop so the player can buy items. Having more pokeballs available, or having items to heal would be huge game changers compared to right now.
2. Let the player go back through the wormhole to heal/shop, or let the recon guy on the other side of the wormhole act as a healer.
Now, if the player had access to a shop beforehand I'd be okay with locking them in, preparing items in order to survive without a healing station is a legit difficulty you might want to set for the game.

I don't know if you got the chance to playtest so I think I should point this out. One of the common wild pokemon is Yanma (I mostly saw Yanma and a couple Skorupi, once each I saw a Carnivine and a Croagunk) and the moveset of the Yanma I encountered consisted of Sonicboom, Quick Attack, Double Team, and Detect. Sonicboom allways does 20 hit points of damage, and my Poipole at level 21 had 63 hit points. Between Sonicboom's ability to take me out in about 3 hits, combined with Double Team and Detect making my attacks less likely to hit, Yanma was just a really dangerous opponent that was hard to work around.

As for the Guzzlord fight, I didn't actually win but was still able to complete the game. Guzzzlord used Dragon Tail to end the battle, and after the game saying it was the end, it crashed with this error:
e8Hsr3S.png
thanks for the feedback aki! um, I'm not sure what's going on with the guzzlord crash, I saw that it happened to voltsy too. There are a lot of tile/event bugs that need to be fixed as well. I didn't realize Yanma was so deadly, so I'll make sure to have a healer in the swamp. The suggestion about the shop is good, and I'll make sure to add it as well as fix the portal. Thanks for playing, giving feedback, and enjoying the game!

Reactions: Aki
It's a nice game idea, but it feels much more like a tech demo than a game. I really hope you do expand on it, though. I've not really seen a fan game take on ultra space in a meaningful way yet!

Back