• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Kronos

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
zoGq7SM.jpg

History as we know it faces a terrible threat...

Hello everyone, this is our entry for the Relic Castle Game Jam #4! Pokémon Kronos was made by a team of four, OrreMIDI, Streetie, TheLightSword, and AlphaRemaster. Over the course of the month a LOT of time and effort was put into making this game as full as we could make it, and we hope you can see that from your play through. However, keep in mind that we were working to the very last second (and a bit over but Aki was so kind as to offer us an extension) and as of such there may be a few bugs in the game. We really hope none of them are game breaking, but just in case, save frequently! Now, without further ado, here is Pokémon Kronos!

Team: OrreMIDI, Streetie, TheLightSword, and AlphaRemaster

Plot:
Welcome to the Olympa Region, a very diverse and pleasant region at the foot of Mount Olympa, a large volcano. Based off of Greece, this region is home to a very diverse selection of Pokémon! However, the region becomes barren and abandoned in the future, when people stopped taking care of its natural beauty and abandoned their entire culture. Thus, Team Zeta was formed, an organization created to save the future from this great calamity. You play as a lead scientist and third admin of Team Zeta who developed the Time Cuff, a device that allows Team Zeta to travel through time without the assistance of Celebi or Dialga. However, after discovering the true intentions of the organization, to eliminate any people and Pokémon they deem unworthy throughout history, you flee with your partner, Celebi, barely escaping with your life. Celebi takes you to the past, where you meet Alexander, a philosopher who studies mythology in Olympa. He informs you that Dialga slumbers deep in the heart of Mount Olympa, and that when awoken it can freely manipulate any moment in history. This is obviously what Team Zeta is after, and so Alexander further explains that to awaken Dialga one must capture the three Lake Guardians. You then set out on a quest to save the Lake Guardians and stop Team Zeta from altering history!

Included Features:
-Completely original soundtrack, with the exception of a few remixes and two official themes used!
-Custom overworld sprites to match Magiscarf's tiles!
-A complete set of custom characters designed specifically for this game!
-The ability to travel through time (only in limited areas as we were crunched for time)
-Beautiful maps that our team worked hard to perfect!
-And most likely some bugs and glitches, hopefully none of which are game breaking!

Known Bugs/Errors:
-A variety of mapping and/or tileset configuration errors.
-A few grammatical mistakes that we didn't have time to fix (but feel free to point out anyway so we can fix them on the next release)
-The sailor in Troja Town just doesn't talk to you. (Fixed in version 1.1)
-A trainer on Route 3 does not work. (Fixed in version 1.1)
(THE FOLLOWING ARE POTENTIALLY GAME BREAKING ERRORS, SO PLEASE READ THESE FEW BUGS!!!!!)
-Sideways stairs in Athenian City in the future do not work properly like the ones in the past, and so it is recommended that you save before going down any just in case you get into a place you cannot get out of.
(Fixed in version 1.1)
-If you lose in Troja Town, Route 2, or Ephescent Town and have not visited a local inn, you will be sent back to Athenian City and be unable to go back. (Fixed in version 1.1)
-There may be some warp errors, namely with the doors and cave openings. (This does not include warps in the Tomb of Uxie or Crypt of Azelf that warp you to seemingly random places in the cave, those are intentional for the puzzles.)
-Overall, just save frequently and you should be fine!

Screenshots:
m3qFn3j.png

4qdKH10.png

GDQW6vc.png

H2ihDMe.png

cVT0rds.png

eZXwfNu.png

fAYAXkp.png

Credits List:
Map Exporter
by Marin
Scripting Utilities
by Marin
Ultimate Title Screens
by Luka S.J.
YoshiCLONE<s>Mario Gamer
Overworld Shadows
by Marin
Elite Battle System
by Luka S.J.
PinkCatDragon<s>BadSamaritan
Tebited15<s>redblueyellow
Eli<s>Pokecheck.org
lilatraube<s>AceRidley406
Telemetius
Scripting Utilities
by Luka S.J.

Team:
OrreMIDI
Streetie
TheLightSword
AlphaRemaster

Maruno - Creator of Pokemon essentials

ELITE BATTLE SYSTEM:
Luka S.J. - He is the main developer and a genius ruby coder, you should really check this out!
Pokecheck.org - He ripped the sprites for the battle system from the games
PinkCatDragon - Converted all the animated gifs to pngs, so they could be used ingame
Tebited15 - The player back sprite in battle
Spriters-Resource(redblueyellow) - Made the sprites of the Pokéballs and Mystery Dungeon OW Sprites
Eli - Ripped the battle backgrounds from the main games and compiled them
lilatraube - Made some of the battle bases(which aren't used, but are in the game files)
Maruno - Helped and supported this project
BadSamaritan - Ripped the sound effects used by the system

Outside Tileset - Magiscarf - https://www.deviantart.com/magiscarf/art/Tileset-ver-3-Free-690477146
Cave Tileset - ThatsSoWitty(and all affiliated artists) - https://www.deviantart.com/thatssowitty/art/Public-Cave-Tileset-281775828
Indoor Tileset - ThatsSoWitty(and all affiliated artists) - https://www.deviantart.com/thatssowitty/art/Public-Interior-Tileset-281775677
Base of Statues: https://www.deviantart.com/neffertity/art/Pokemon-SS-Custom-Statues-287471172

Note: Some tiles in the tileset are made by the team itself

Dialga Battle Theme taken from Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Intro to Title Screen taken from Pokémon Origins from Ultimate Title Screens plugin by Luka S.J.

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy<s>MiDas Mike
Brother1440<s>Near Fantastica
FL.<s>PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami<s>Popper
help-14<s>Rataime
IceGod64<s>SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock<s>the__end
KitsuneKouta<s>Venom12
Lisa Anthony<s>Wachunga
and everyone else who helped out

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Made Using RPG Maker XP and Pokémon Essentials.

Newest Version: Version 1.6

Downloads:

Special thanks to everyone who contributed to this project and made this fangame possible!

NOTE: If you are doing a Let's Play of this game I would love to know, and I can also provide you with Sugimori styled concept art and the logo for the game! I can also provide MP3s of the custom music if you'd like to use in the background of an intro or something, but I plan on releasing the entire soundtrack on Soundcloud and Youtube soon, so stay tuned! I'll add the Sugimori concept art to this thread soon!

Credit Note: In the game we accidentally left out the bases for the statues, which can be found pubs here:
https://www.deviantart.com/neffertity/art/Pokemon-SS-Custom-Statues-287471172

Last edited:

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
If you're playing Pokémon Kronos I've had people tell me it's a bit unclear where to heal. In the past they are called Inns and you can tell because they are usually the only buildings with a sign in front of them and the signs say "___ Inn". Sorry that wasn't made clearer

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Just a small update, we are in the process of creating a patch that fixes some game breaking errors and enables you to evolve Pokemon that evolve via trade, so if you haven't played yet I would wait for this patch before playing.

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
The version 1.1 patch is finished! Here is a link!

Here is a list of the changes:
-Fixed multiple game breaking events
-Nerfed a few battles
-Added more Trainers (most notably in the future)
-Added the Link Stone allowing Pokemon that evolve via trade to evolve
-Added Evolution Square to Athenian City
-Fixed a few grammatical mistakes
-And lastly, added a Mystery Gift based off of Pokemon Twilight (my entry for last year's jam)

If you didn't check the spoiler, we have added a Mystery Gift to this game in memory of Pokemon Twilight, which you can receive by visiting the small house to the right of the Athenian Inn. All you have to do is listen to the old man's tale and then go to the title screen, recieve the gift, and pick it up at any inn or Pokemon Center! We hope you enjoy the game!

Last edited:

Rkoraav

Rookie
Hey, I downloaded version 1.1 but I can't seem to get the save from the previous version to work with it. Do I have to start over or is there a way to transfer the save from 1.0 to 1.1?

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Hey, I downloaded version 1.1 but I can't seem to get the save from the previous version to work with it. Do I have to start over or is there a way to transfer the save from 1.0 to 1.1?
I am not entirely positive but I believe that due to the fact that I changed the name of the game and it now includes a mystery gift and some modifications to scenes you may have already played through I doubt that there is any way to start back from where you last saved. I can do some research into developing a patch that will allow you to do that, because it can be tedious to have to play the game over and over again every new update. Thanks for playing the game though, and on behalf of the team we hope you enjoy it!

Rkoraav

Rookie
I am not entirely positive but I believe that due to the fact that I changed the name of the game and it now includes a mystery gift and some modifications to scenes you may have already played through I doubt that there is any way to start back from where you last saved. I can do some research into developing a patch that will allow you to do that, because it can be tedious to have to play the game over and over again every new update. Thanks for playing the game though, and on behalf of the team we hope you enjoy it!

Yeah, I didn't get very far in, thankfully, so it won't be too bad. But it'd definitely be nice to start from where I left off in any future updates. It's a great game so far though and I can't wait to play more later.

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Yeah, I didn't get very far in, thankfully, so it won't be too bad. But it'd definitely be nice to start from where I left off in any future updates. It's a great game so far though and I can't wait to play more later.
I've made a release that allows you to have the update and start where you left off so I hope you didn't get too far if you started playing on yesterday's update. Link will be in the post below.

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Hey everyone, here is an updated patch that allows you to continue where you last saved, and from now on I will not be changing the name of the game as to avoid this issue. Unfortunately this means that if you played on last nights update any further releases will be incompatible with your save file, as I want to keep them all consistent. Sorry for the inconvenience and I hope that you all enjoy the game!

Updated Patch:

Last edited:

Gen8King

FanGameNewbie
Hi I'm Gen8King and I want to do a let's play of this game of yours by using OBS Studio but I can't get past the black screen and it wont show anything else when I test and play it back. I have tried different settings but my laptop may have some different specs to allow recording fan made games and it might not work because of the original settings I have for recording and streaming. I really like the screenshots so far and I want to play it for my YouTube channel playthroughs. Can you help me out so that a let's play can happen on my channel. I will understand your decision.

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Hi I'm Gen8King and I want to do a let's play of this game of yours by using OBS Studio but I can't get past the black screen and it wont show anything else when I test and play it back. I have tried different settings but my laptop may have some different specs to allow recording fan made games and it might not work because of the original settings I have for recording and streaming. I really like the screenshots so far and I want to play it for my YouTube channel playthroughs. Can you help me out so that a let's play can happen on my channel. I will understand your decision.
I'm sorry it isn't working for you, have you tried playing it without screen recording? Otherwise try redownloading the game? I'm not quite sure what is wrong since nobody has brought an error like this to my attention but I am sure redownloading the game should solve the problem since it seems that sometimes there can be errors after downloading. I hope it works for you, and let me know if the problem persists! Also I'd love to watch your Let's Play so leave me a link when you finish! :)

Michael

That One Guy
Should you maybe give the player all 8 badges at the start to make the mystery gift actually usable? - It won't obey at the current moment; loving both the game and the beautiful soundtrack so far tho

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Should you maybe give the player all 8 badges at the start to make the mystery gift actually usable? - It won't obey at the current moment; loving both the game and the beautiful soundtrack so far tho
When I tested it out it worked, are you not able to view the gift? It's a Darkrai and you have to first talk to an old man NPC in the house to the right of the Athenian Inn, I think I forgot to explain that in the original post. I'm glad you are enjoying the game though and hope you don't encounter any major problems!

Last edited:

Michael

That One Guy
When I tested it out it worked, are you not able to view the gift? It's a Darkrai and you have to first talk to an old man NPC in the house to the right of the Athenian Inn, I think I forgot to explain that in the original post. I'm glad you are enjoying the game though and hope you don't encounter any major problems!
It's not the event itself - the Darkrai wont obey due to it being along the same lines as a trades pokemon. By giving the player all 8 badges, they can actually use it. Also the only major issues I've found so far are priority and passability issues along with a spelling mistake for rapidash in the grunts dialogue in the town.

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
It's not the event itself - the Darkrai wont obey due to it being along the same lines as a trades pokemon. By giving the player all 8 badges, they can actually use it. Also the only major issues I've found so far are priority and passability issues along with a spelling mistake for rapidash in the grunts dialogue in the town.
Ohhh I see what you mean. Thanks, I'll see if I can release a patch soon!

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Here'a the patch, I made it so no Pokémon can disobey because of badges. Hope this helps!

Hey I've started playing, I haven't finished yet but I've got a few bugs to report, and I'm also a bit lost as to where to go XD
1W6BTvI.png

This is just a small one, but you can actually see off the screen when standing here
WSS3hbr.png

You shouldn't be able to stand here but look at me on the edge!
zw1t6N7.png

These guys decide to come back and stand here after they've had their screentime when re-entering the map
Ove9J4n.png

You can stand on this door from entering from the side which actually lets you get into the arena
8Of2YGX.png

just a small pasability thing
7gxBdks.png

This one is a bit more serious, but if I try to go to the left of the town where I can from by boat, this cutscene triggers again, and the fight happens all over again!

Anyway, I'm having trouble figuring out where to go next, I've done the double battle with the 2 rapidash but it still won't let me exit through the south.

Also are there running shoes in the game, it is just a bit slow without them, that's all.

Anyway, I do intend to finish this game, but so far it has been pretty good! All the towns I've seen so far have been pretty pretty. Also! That title screen intro thingy was very nice! It also seems like you've got yourself a fair amount of content in this game so congratz on finishing it all in a month and a bit!

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Hey I've started playing, I haven't finished yet but I've got a few bugs to report, and I'm also a bit lost as to where to go XD
1W6BTvI.png

This is just a small one, but you can actually see off the screen when standing here
WSS3hbr.png

You shouldn't be able to stand here but look at me on the edge!
zw1t6N7.png

These guys decide to come back and stand here after they've had their screentime when re-entering the map
Ove9J4n.png

You can stand on this door from entering from the side which actually lets you get into the arena
8Of2YGX.png

just a small pasability thing
7gxBdks.png

This one is a bit more serious, but if I try to go to the left of the town where I can from by boat, this cutscene triggers again, and the fight happens all over again!

Anyway, I'm having trouble figuring out where to go next, I've done the double battle with the 2 rapidash but it still won't let me exit through the south.

Also are there running shoes in the game, it is just a bit slow without them, that's all.

Anyway, I do intend to finish this game, but so far it has been pretty good! All the towns I've seen so far have been pretty pretty. Also! That title screen intro thingy was very nice! It also seems like you've got yourself a fair amount of content in this game so congratz on finishing it all in a month and a bit!
Which version of the game are you playing? Just want to make sure that some of those things may have been fixed in newer releases, but I will still definitely check this out!
I am working on a patch to fix these issues, I am so sorry that there are these many in the game, but thank you so much for bringing it to my attention!

Last edited:
Back