• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Altering Zoroark

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
Project Status
Work in Progress

You are a shapeshifter Zoroark in a foreign land called Idnisa.
Do not let yourself be known.

(This game is currently under development!)

HlRC9YQ.png

Download Link:
N/A

Team:
HollowGap - Project Leader
Droid779 - Artist
Rizkybest9 - Playtester
NoodlesButt - Mapper

Notes:
We're reworking the game in PSDK. You'll hear about it when it's done.

Resource Pack:
Face Portrait + Looped Music

Credits:
Pokemon Essentials:
Flameguru | Poccil (Peter O.) | Maruno

Face Portraits: Nintendo & Spriters-Resource
Wild Item Drop Script: Cilerba
Shadow for v17: Marin
Grass Animation: KleinStudio
Improved SE & ME: Deo

Music:
Pokemon D/P/Pt & HG/SS - Junichi Masuda
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (EoS) - Arata Iiyoshi
Aqua Rock (GS2) - Motoi Sakuraba

Also thanks to these fangame developers:
(Pokemon Rose Gold)
AtomicReactor | Cilerba | Kiedisticelixer

(Banette & Guilmon)
SmokedPaprika | LlamaMinister | LilypadLemur

Tileset credit:

(Outdoor)
The-Red-eX
thatssowitty
Zetavares852
Mew1993
Phyromatical
Hydrgirium
WesleyFG

(Indoor)
Chaoticcherrycake
Akizakura16
PeekyChew
Donlawride
Kymotonian
SytheXP
Crazyninjaguy
Newtiteuf
Droid779

(Others)
Nintendo
Magiscarf
WesleyFG
SailorVicious
Shawn Frost
NSora-96
PeekyChew
Kyle-Dove
Claisprojects.com
Minorthreat0987
The-Red-Ex
UltimoSpriter
TyranitarDark
DarkDragonn
rafa-cac
Phyromatical
Alucus
Newtiteuf
ChaoticCherryCake
moca

Sprite Assets:
Nintendo
Bulbapedia
Droid779
Dewitty
Amethyst
Jan
Zumi
Bazaro
Koyo
Smeargletail
Chocosrawloid
Kymotonian
milomilotic11
Neo-Spriteman
princess-phoenix
Nx-kun
Lemon
Sparta
Ulithium_Dragon
Smogon S/M sprite project

Last edited:

KouggaPlayz

Rookie
Hello Developer

This game was just amazing i like the idea of a pokemon being a trainer really creative i must say, though i have found a problem a DUPLICATION GLITCH basically it duplicates items, i found this accidentally when i gave my pokemon a focus sash to hold, When my pokemon faint they drop their items and the player finding it but when i checked back on my pokemon it was still holding the same item, i also tried this out with other items such as Rare Candies,Silver Powder, and many more. It worked on all of them so i was hoping you could fix this i mean its not a major problem but it is gonna make the game too easy. Thank You

Borb384

Rookie
Duuude this is really awesome! The story is really, really intriguing and I can't wait for more. Good luck about the next arc though

wolfsong462

Rookie
loved the tidbit we got, i got lucky and ended up getting a ribombee as one of the pokemon i caught before the six mark, otherwise i likely would have dropped the game. you must make a continuation!!!!!

HollowGap

How am I still alive
Hello Developer

This game was just amazing i like the idea of a pokemon being a trainer really creative i must say, though i have found a problem a DUPLICATION GLITCH basically it duplicates items...

Thanks for the input! Indeed the drop item script was buggy. We'll fix it along with the other issues.

Duuude this is really awesome! The story is really, really intriguing and I can't wait for more. Good luck about the next arc though

Glad you enjoyed it! But there are grammar errors and such waiting to be corrected. For the next release (should be the entire game, hopefully), we'll recruit a proofreader to make sure the writing is more polished.

loved the tidbit we got, i got lucky and ended up getting a ribombee as one of the pokemon i caught before the six mark, otherwise i likely would have dropped the game. you must make a continuation!!!!!

I admit this game jam version had difficulty spike issues. Didn't do a lot of playtesting, and hopefully it won't be that way again next time. Please let us know what else needs to be done to make the next release better! We'll be watching this thread once every while.

Elekti

Rookie
Make More!!! It was so fun. One Suggestion is to let us play as a Zoroark Form sometimes. Also Add a Lucario. Overall, one of the most enjoyable pokemon games ever. I like playing as the pokemon, that was fun. Also, try to get help from other people. If you teamed up with the insurgence team and threw in some torren and things like that, I would never stop playing

zorua

Rookie
this game is simply amazing my favorite Pokemon is zoroark pls make more of this masterpiece

Last edited:

Drakoling123

Rookie
I have just played and beat it so far and I must say. It is awesome X3 I will admit that the battles are quite annoying, the way it seems that even though you level your Pokémon, you still have less strength then the wild Pokémon or even some trainers. But I will also say that the concept of being a Zoroark that is being a human trainer for the time being. Hmmm, makes me wonder if you also plan to have it to where you can do different illusions later on. I look forward to seeing what you do in the next arc :3

HollowGap

How am I still alive
I have just played and beat it so far and I must say. It is awesome X3 I will admit that the battles are quite annoying, the way it seems that even though you level your Pokémon, you still have less strength then the wild Pokémon or even some trainers. But I will also say that the concept of being a Zoroark that is being a human trainer for the time being. Hmmm, makes me wonder if you also plan to have it to where you can do different illusions later on. I look forward to seeing what you do in the next arc :3

We'll make sure to fix balancing issues on the next release. It's going to take a long time, but progress is coming steadily.

Drakoling123

Rookie
We'll make sure to fix balancing issues on the next release. It's going to take a long time, but progress is coming steadily.

Thank you ^^ Also, take as much time as needed, I know what was said by Ghost as Zak calls her X3 But even said the devs are lazy and need support, I feel you all are doing amazing ^^ I look forward to the next arcs and it makes me wonder, he is worried about being captured, well, do you plan to have a part where he gets captured and needs to escape? Would be interesting to see if it wasn't planned ^^

archi

Rookie
awesome pokemon game concept! In the beginning I was running around without a clue where to go, but after a while I found my way to the next town. I think the trainers are a bit too strong to start the game with a single pokemon. I also always liked the fact that I got to train my pokemon from level 5 to 30 just so I could see the constant evolution of them. In this game the lowest level pokemon I found was 28, which means they are at the last stage of evolution or they have already evolved.

I also captured a 7the pokemon, but it got released right away. It would be nicer if you could deside which pokemon to release. Imagine having a full team and encountering a legendary. The poke storage system doesn't work so the legendary would be lost.

I don't know if this is meant to be or not, but the first time I lost a fight, the person at the pc in the first pokemon center disappeared. Is this some dark vampiristic stuff? Because when you lose, you get the black screen with the text saying you are going to a poke center. The last sentence says something like 'the perfect target'. At first that creeped me out. I thought everytime I die, a npc would be gone/dead/... But none of that happened a second time and nothing happened at the second poke center.

Nonetheless I like it a lot. The conversations between misdreavus and zoraork are compelling. The first gym was very original and not predictable like most pokemon games. I really would like to play more. So good job and keep it up.

BeetrootLord

Rookie
Good game very good make part two please, but i think while confused the self hit change is a bit too high.
If its possible add more Pokemon.

KionScar

Rookie
got error:

---------------------------
A Zoroark Among Us
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: Errno::ENOENT

MiscData:171:in `initialize'

MiscData:171:in `open'

MiscData:171:in `pbLoadFormsData'

Pokemon_MegaEvolution:7:in `getMegaForm'

PokeBattle_Battle:450:in `pbIsUnlosableItem'

PokeBattle_MoveEffects:6628:in `pbEffectAfterHit'

PokeBattle_Battler:2868:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'

PokeBattle_Battler:3167:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:3147:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battler:3170:in `pbUseMove'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\wild_\Saved Games\A Zoroark Among Us\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Thunder

Novice
got error:

A Zoroark Among Us
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: Errno::ENOENT

MiscData:171:in `initialize'

MiscData:171:in `open'

MiscData:171:in `pbLoadFormsData'

Pokemon_MegaEvolution:7:in `getMegaForm'

PokeBattle_Battle:450:in `pbIsUnlosableItem'

PokeBattle_MoveEffects:6628:in `pbEffectAfterHit'

PokeBattle_Battler:2868:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'

PokeBattle_Battler:3167:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:3147:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battler:3170:in `pbUseMove'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\wild_\Saved Games\A Zoroark Among Us\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK
Try extracting the missing file again. Never had this issue.

CRZbaby

Rookie
This is a great Game so far! it felt like it took a bit to farm but now that i think about it, it does feel pretty balanced. (probably just me but sunflora kicked my a**) i like the story line and how as of now it can leave a lot to the imagination this may be a short write but know it was one that had enjoyment. Thanks for making an awesome game!

PSGojira02

Rookie
Just played the demo last night. I found it to be a great experience. Please keep working on it. I would love to see where the story goes for Zak and Ghost.

Back