• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon: Red 2

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
dIszuHF.png

Created with: RPG Maker XP & PSDK

Team:

Elle - Everything except...
Leparagon - Pokemon battle sprites
Aaron Mesnard - Trainer / Overworld Sprites
Jack - Promotional Art
CoreyChampion - Music
StriderTempxa -Music

Previously titled "Pokemon: Dusk Purple Version" and "Pokemon: Bellflower", this game is a project I've been working off and on for the past few years. At some point I switched from Pokemon Essentials to PSDK and this project was put in limbo till 2022 when I had a burst of creativity and drive to work. The name change, I suppose is selling out to what would be most popular, but over time it has grown on me. Bellflower is one of the few projects that I have that is a proper long adventure, so I've done my best to put as much effort in as possible. The game takes place roughly 5 years after the events of Pokemon Gold / Silver, in the Kanto Region. Previously the game was a prequel, but how the story ended up, it feels better this way as a sequel.

Story:

You play as "Red" if you play as a boy, "Crimson" if you choose to play as a girl or "Garnet", if you pick the non-binary protagonist. After years of boredom up on Mt. Silver, you decide to head back home and re-start the Indigo League challenge, because, why not? As you head on this new adventure, Team Rocket makes its resurgence in the region and you'll ever discover new friends as well! The game takes place in Generation 1 and 2 Kanto rather than 3 and 4 Kanto, so characters and events from FRLG and HGSS are not canon in this project.

Features:

> Fakemon & New Forms & Expanded Pokedex - There has been a massive shift in the climate of Kanto and so new Convergent Pokemon have been discovered. Likewise, as Kanto has a close relationship with Alola and Johto, expect to find some Pokemon of those regions hiding in the tall grass!
> Customization - Gyms will now have a difficulty option, so you can choose a harder fight or something at your level. Additionally, item balls in the overworld have been replaced with item-chests and you will need to choose one of three outcomes to take with you. There is even more to customize, but you will have to find it to learn more!
> A Slightly New Kanto - While the layout of Kanto is largely the same, some of the maps and towns are upgraded and different from what you may remember. All the maps are unique, vibrant and detailed, but also hold some new secrets! You will even find some new areas and routes; all to make the game have a new and positive experience.
> An Older Age Rating - To make Team Rocket appear more evil, there will be some instances of swearing or threatening. This "edge" is to add a bit more realism and the appearance of danger to the team, where normally there is none.
> Dialogue Portraits - Like with all my projects, main story events will be accompanied by custom drawn dialogue arts drawn by myself.
> And More! - I'm starting to run out of things to list so we'll leave it at that as I come up with more ideas!

New Starter Pokemon Forms!

cLYhlIL.png

These special forms are from Alola and not much is known about how they came to be other than relating to their environment. Like Pokemon Yellow, you will gradually be able to collect all the starters, as you progress in your adventure. Art by Jack.
*The normal version of each starter is not available to obtain..

Screenshots

ucJK9l6.png

Dev Notes:

-If you enter / exit an area too quickly, there is BGM overlap. You can fix this by changing maps or f12 to soft reset.
-Custom cries for fakemon haven't been added yet and Alolan Pikachu is missing back sprites currently.
- I know some events need more polish and lacks some BGM's, it's a work in progress.
-Sorry to Mac and Mobile users, you can't play; as far as I know.
-No, you can't make the screen bigger.
-I know there are a couple tile errors, but I did my best to find and fix as many as I could.
-Sometimes the battle buttons don't show the right color. There's nothing I can do to fix that.

*Currently the only mature subject matter warning is for a few swear words.
*The demo currently only has the female protagonist available.
*I've been told don't enter the hidden grotto in Route 28, it will softlocke you.

Download Game Here!

Resource Pack

>Not Yet Available<

Credits:
Pokemon
Nintendo
GameFreak
Creatures Inc.
Sprites:
44tim44
Aaron Mesnard
Aveontrainer
Bombbity
Dreadwing93
Duncaphan
Elle
FloatzelKing
Hyo-Oppa
Idilio
JaviGarni
J-Treecko252
KaijiAtsui
Kyle-Dove
lennybitao
Leparagon
Litera-Sure
LoungYink
Lumio
LunaMaddalena
mcjo
Othienka
PansyGum
Pixelheim
Pokemon DPP
Pokemon FRLG
princess-phoenix
PurpleZaffre
RekiemLock
RBRNNova
Scotsman333
Seiyouh
spherical-ice

Tiles:
Aldo
Alucus
Anonalpacca
Aveontrainer
Beta-SP
BrownieMakerX
Butch
Carchagui
Cuddlesthefatcat
Derlo
Ekat
Elle
Erma96
Farore
george_
Heartlessdragoon
Hek-el-grande
Hernandack
Idilio
J-Treecko252
KingTapir
KOD-3R
Kyle-Dove
LunaMaddalena
Magiscarf
Maicerochico
Pablus94
Pokemon Dawn
Pokemon FRLG
Pokemon RSE
princess-phoenix
Puggsoy
rayd12smitty
Ray-one
Redblueyellow
Seiyouh
Silverdeoxys563
Shyinn
Slimshady
spherical-ice
TheDeadHeroAlistair
TheJackoArt
Vurtax
XDinky
Zein
Zeo254

Art:
Elle
Pokemon ORAS
Pokemon XY

Misc Graphics:
CarchiGUI
Elle
Pokemon FRLG
Pokemon RSE
Ranko

Fakemon:
Elle
ENLS
FrozenFeather
GRay
JaviGarni
Jess Jackdaw
KaijiAtsui
Kristiano100
LoungYink
Lumio
Malandra-parodias
Othienka
PansyGum
Princess-phoenix
PurpleZaffre
Ranko
Scotsman333
Thundaga
TristantineTheGreat
Voltseon

Music:
CoreyChampion
Pokemon FRLG
Pokemon RSE
StriderTempxa
Pixabay:
Anton_Vlasov
Coma-Media
FASSounds
Lesfm

Sound Effects:
Pixabay:

aceton41k
Adelantemos
alebrujo
audible-edge
BobMorris1
chestnutjam
derjuli
Dr.Macak
Fabrizio84
Fenodyrie
Garysguff
JuliusH
kbnevel
Kinoton
iampagan
Illud
lolamadeus
mario1298
MeijstroAudio
MinigunFiend
monsterthing
nickmaymusic
pimstoltz
prozaciswack
rolleAndersson
sgcardinal
sidequesting
Sorinious Genious
SoundsForYou
SpliceSound
wormletter

Custom Scripts:
Eurons
Nuri Yuri
Ranko

# PSDK Related Credits

## Pokémon Universe
Game Freak, CREATURES INC. et The Pokémon Company

### Graphic Engine

## Backend
SFML

## Contributors
Scorbutics || nthoang-apcs
SuperFola || Nuri Yuri

### Audio Engine

## FMOD
FIRELIGHT TECHNOLOGIES PTY LTD

## SFML Audio
SFML

### Movie Engine

## SfeMovie
Loïc Siquet || Alexandre Janniaux
Martin Bohme || Martin Bohme
Xorlium || timidouveg
Stephan Vedder || Laurent Gomila

## API & Wiki used to develop .25
PokeAPI || PokemonDB
Poképédia || Bulbapedia

## PSDK Contributors
Nuri Yuri || Aerun
Rey || SirMalo
Leikt || Palbolsky

## PSDK Wiki
Aerun || Akiyra
Bugfix || buttjuice
Guizmo || Jaizu
Metaiko || Mud'
Nuri Yuri || ralandel
Rey || SMB64
yyyyj || Zenos

## DataBase
AEliso || Aerun
Avori || Bentoxx
dragon935 || Eurons
joeyw || Mauduss
Nuri Yuri || Palbolsky
PokeAPI || RebelIce
Tokeur || Redder
Schneitizel || Walven

## Translation
Aerun || Dax
Eduardo Dorantes || Gehtdich Nichtsan
Helio || Jaizu
Kaizer || Leikt
PadawanMoses || Rey
SirMalo || SoloReprise
SMB64 || yyyyj

## Ruby Host
Aerun || AEliso
Bentoxx || Buttjuice
Maxoumi || Nuri Yuri
Splifingald || yyyyj

## Other Contributors
Amras || Anti-NT
Aye || Bentoxx
BigOrN0t || Bouzouw
Cayrac || Diaband.onceron
Fafa || Jarakaa
Kiros97 || Likton
MrSuperluigis || oldu49
Otaku || Shamoke
Solfay || sylvaintr
UltimaShayra || Unbreakables

# Resource related credits

### Tilesets

## Epic Adventures tileset
Alistair || Alucus
Bakura155 || Bati'
Blue Beedrill || BoOmxBiG
CNickC/CNC || CrimsonTakai
Cuddlesthefatcat || ThePokemonChronicles
Dewitty || EpicDay
Fused || Gigatom
Chimcharsfireworkd || Heavy-Metal-Lover
Hek-el-grande || Kage-No-Sensei
Kyledove || LaPampa
LotusKing || New-titeuf
Novus || Pokemon_Diamond
Kizemaru_Kurunosuke || PrinceLegendario
Reck || Red-Gyrados
REMY35 || Saurav
SL249 || Spaceemotion
SirMalo || Stefpoke
sylver1984 || ThatsSoWitty
TheEnglishKiwi || Thegreatblaid
TwentyOne || UltimoSpriter
Warpras || WesleyFG
Yoh || Nuri Yuri
19dante91 || 27alexmad27
07harris/Paranoid ||

### Overworlds Sprites

## Gen1 to 5 Overworlds
2and2makes5 || Aerun
Chocosrawlooid || cSc-A7X
Fernandojl || Gallanty
Getsuei-H || Gizamimi-Pichu
help-14 || kdiamo11
Kid1513 || Kyle-Dove
Kyt666 || Milomilotic11
MissingLukey || Pokegirl4ever
Silver-Skies || Syledude
TyranitarDark || Zyon17
Zenos ||

## Gen6 Overworlds
Princess-Phoenix
LunarDusk6

### Pokémon Sprites

## Gen6 Pokémon Battlers (including megas)
Amras || BladeRed
Diegotoon20 || Domino99designs
Falgaia || GeoisEvil
Juan-Amador || N-Kin
Noscium || SirAquaKip
Zermonious || Zerudez
Smogon XY Sprite Project ||

## Gen7 Pokémon Battlers (including Alolan)
Alex || Amethyst
Bazaro || conyjams
DatLopunnyTho || Falgaia
fishbowlsoul90 || Jan
kaji atsu || Koyo
Leparagon || Lord-Myre
LuigiPlayer || N-kin
Noscium || Pikafan2000
Smeargletail || Smogon
princess-phoenix || The cynical poet
Zumi ||

## Gen8 Pokémon Battlers
WolfPP
conyjams

## Pokémon Offsets
Don

### Icon Sprites

## Animated Pokémon icons
Pikachumazzinga

## Gen7 Pokémon icons
Otaku
Poképedia

## Item icons
Maxoumi (Brick icon & ADN Berserk)
yyyyj (Pink Ribon icons)

### Texts

## Official Pokémon X/Y Texts
Kaphotics || Peterko
Smogon || X-Act

## Official Sun & Moon Texts
Asia81

### UI Design

## Alpha Ruins puzzle
FL0RENT_

## Default Message Windowskin
ralandel

## Key Binding UI
Eurons

## UI by SirMalo
Pokédex
Party Menu
Bag

## UI by Mud'
Language Selection UI
Options UI
Load & Save UI

## Quests UI
Renkys

## UI by Aerun
Shop
Battle

## Trainer Card
Eurons

## Mining Game UI and resources
Aerun || Bentoxx
redblueyellow || Rey

## XBOX 360 keys
Yumekua

### Animations

## Gen6 Battle Entry
Jayzon

## PSP Animations
bibiantonio || ghioa
Metaiko || Isomir
KLNOTHINCOMIN ||

## Shiny Animations
Neslug

### Miscellaneous

## Battle Backs
Elle aka Midnitez-REMIX

# Special Thanks
PSDK would never have happened without Krosk
the former creator of Pokémon Script Project
which introduced Nuri Yuri to
Pokémon Fangame Making in 2008.

Attachments

• TitleLogo.png
    TitleLogo.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 21,000
  • Untitled_Artwork 35.png
    Untitled_Artwork 35.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 4,879
  • NewScreenBatch.png
    NewScreenBatch.png
    339.6 KB · Views: 4,924
Last edited:

Anonymunster

Rookie
Wow, it's been so long since I've been on Relic Castle.. I sincerely hope putting up a message isn't necro-posting here, it's been a good while since I've touched base with this site, but if it is I will remove this post without question.

I missed out on the updated screenshots, and they look really nice too! The item-mix idea sounds really good, especially the progress you must've made up to that point last year! However, I take it the long dry-spell is an indefinite hiatus, or that the idea is scrapped? Everything was looking so awesome, even if the info was limited. Where would have Faust's interests lied, I wonder.. I already mentioned before about the starters long ago, and that has not changed at all since my first comment on this thread ;) If this is no longer being developed, that's okay. It's a shame, but you done rather well with everything thus far! I wish you luck for goals you're striving toward.

Last edited:

Elle

Maker of Many and Finisher of Few
Project Update:
Recently the project was renamed "Pokemon: Red 2" and you play with Red, or a FemC option. I was originally planning to do a 1-2 gym demo, but the winter game jam came up and I didn't wanna miss it, so I just published what I was able to finish as a little teaser demo. It's less than 1 gym, but does have 20-30 minutes of content and you get a chance to see what my project plays like. Thanks to everyone for your support and I look forward to getting back to the project in February!

UltimateNPC

Probably planning something
I only just found out about this today, but for the majority of today I've been super excited to see this demo release! The graphics look amazing, and I've been eager to play a full PSDK game for quite some time. Everything about this intrigues me, from the presence of Alolan Forms, unique ones at that, to the idea of us following Red just being really bored and wanting to start all over again. I'm already really excited to see where this project is going, and I hope it all works out well!

I would like to ask out of genuine curiosity, though, how come it's designed as a sequel to the original Kanto, and not FRLG? Is there any particular reason? A matter of preference? Authenticity?

safr

Elite Trainer
I just finish playing this, the demo is brief and short but introduce the system pretty well and make us see what this game offers to the players, the graphics is great it pretty beautiful and minimalistic with the use of gen 3esque but everything made brand new. For me personally it pretty enjoyable maybe I just not getting used seeing red talk and he talk something little bit too smug but maybe it's just my perception and that bother me litte bit so yeah i think I need to get used to that

The minus is I think the lack of background during battle and the size of the in the screen.

In the end Thank you for this and congratulations for this game early version released, this game is something that I definitely wait to see in the future, this demo also erase some some people who feel doubt about your team capabilities because you handled many projects at the same time but with no beta or rarely have beta. So Stay healthy and stay safe once again thank you for this 🙏🙂

Elle

I just finish playing this, the demo is brief and short but introduce the system pretty well and make us see what this game offers to the players, the graphics is great it pretty beautiful and minimalistic with the use of gen 3esque but everything made brand new. For me personally it pretty enjoyable maybe I just not getting used seeing red talk and he talk something little bit too smug but maybe it's just my perception and that bother me litte bit so yeah i think I need to get used to that

The minus is I think the lack of background during battle and the size of the in the screen.

In the end Thank you for this and congratulations for this game early version released, this game is something that I definitely wait to see in the future, this demo also erase some some people who feel doubt about your team capabilities because you handled many projects at the same time but with no beta or rarely have beta. So Stay healthy and stay safe once again thank you for this 🙏🙂
Thank you. :)

Elle

I only just found out about this today, but for the majority of today I've been super excited to see this demo release! The graphics look amazing, and I've been eager to play a full PSDK game for quite some time. Everything about this intrigues me, from the presence of Alolan Forms, unique ones at that, to the idea of us following Red just being really bored and wanting to start all over again. I'm already really excited to see where this project is going, and I hope it all works out well!

I would like to ask out of genuine curiosity, though, how come it's designed as a sequel to the original Kanto, and not FRLG? Is there any particular reason? A matter of preference? Authenticity?
Thank you, I'm glad you've liked it so far!

I think one of the original reasons is because GSC Kanto interests me. Unlike HGSS Kanto, which is fairly alike to RBY and FRLG Kanto, the hardware limitations of GSC made it so some areas in Kanto were shortened or cut entirely and that's something we rarely see. With it, that brings life to create new lore that you wouldn't come across in other games. With so many Kanto fangames and romhacks that exist out there, any chance you can take a bit of originality is good. :)

UltimateNPC

Probably planning something
Thank you, I'm glad you've liked it so far!

I think one of the original reasons is because GSC Kanto interests me. Unlike HGSS Kanto, which is fairly alike to RBY and FRLG Kanto, the hardware limitations of GSC made it so some areas in Kanto were shortened or cut entirely and that's something we rarely see. With it, that brings life to create new lore that you wouldn't come across in other games. With so many Kanto fangames and romhacks that exist out there, any chance you can take a bit of originality is good. :)
That's really interesting, I'll be intrigued to see what you do with it, and I'm a big sucker for unique takes on Kanto, so this'll be refreshing AND exciting! Best of luck with the development. :D

Krugaris

Rookie
Just finished the new demo, looks great I love the town maps and every NPC was entertaining to talk to! Also loved the ruins route/mini-dungeon I think that was almost perfect difficulty for an early game challenge. I did fight the alternate gym leader which was a fun challenge, and the end boss was cute fun though much easier. Shout out to Virm that little dude rules.

My favorite part was the pokéchests that had multiple choices of what you want to get out of them. I've never seen that before and I was blown away by how a little change like that can boost gameplay experience. I also appreciate the in-world explanation for picking up some items like the repel in the toolboxes it really adds up to a great feeling exploring the side-routes.

Three minor things I want to bring up:
  • Aftermath is an underrated ability for sure, adds a lot of flavor, but on a common encounter it adds a layer of difficulty I don't think is intentional. I try to fight most encounters especially early on to make sure I don't run into trouble at the gyms and such, so having to swap out Pokémon or heal every three/four fights in a route was a bit irksome
  • Stantler's dope, but the experience value that is the default on it is based on it not being able to evolve, which means it gives much more exp than everything else on that route. This leads to the opposite problem from the last point of it making the last leg really easy; I caught a level 2 pokemon and had it up to level 14 in less than 10 minutes because I sat a Ghost type in front of an army of Stantlers and farmed that pretty quickly.
  • Real quick, the trainer in Mt. Silver has a level 1 Sandshrew and I'm certain that's just a typo lol, that's an easy fix.

Total playtime was about 2.5 hrs, and I had a great time throughout so I'll definitely be watching for more! Thanks for the great demo 😁

Elle

Just finished the new demo, looks great I love the town maps and every NPC was entertaining to talk to! Also loved the ruins route/mini-dungeon I think that was almost perfect difficulty for an early game challenge. I did fight the alternate gym leader which was a fun challenge, and the end boss was cute fun though much easier. Shout out to Virm that little dude rules.

My favorite part was the pokéchests that had multiple choices of what you want to get out of them. I've never seen that before and I was blown away by how a little change like that can boost gameplay experience. I also appreciate the in-world explanation for picking up some items like the repel in the toolboxes it really adds up to a great feeling exploring the side-routes.

Three minor things I want to bring up:
  • Aftermath is an underrated ability for sure, adds a lot of flavor, but on a common encounter it adds a layer of difficulty I don't think is intentional. I try to fight most encounters especially early on to make sure I don't run into trouble at the gyms and such, so having to swap out Pokémon or heal every three/four fights in a route was a bit irksome
  • Stantler's dope, but the experience value that is the default on it is based on it not being able to evolve, which means it gives much more exp than everything else on that route. This leads to the opposite problem from the last point of it making the last leg really easy; I caught a level 2 pokemon and had it up to level 14 in less than 10 minutes because I sat a Ghost type in front of an army of Stantlers and farmed that pretty quickly.
  • Real quick, the trainer in Mt. Silver has a level 1 Sandshrew and I'm certain that's just a typo lol, that's an easy fix.

Total playtime was about 2.5 hrs, and I had a great time throughout so I'll definitely be watching for more! Thanks for the great demo 😁
Thank you for the tips, I will keep them in mind when I make the first official version of the game. I'm glad you enjoy it though, thank you for playing!

JohnGohan

Rookie
Incredible work!

Having defeated the somewhat challenging gym leader I believe I can call this a success. Stunning visuals, soothing calm OST, actually interesting alt/regional forms and best of all great client-side performance even on my old potato.
Whilst the demo isn't flawless - e.g. pokeball placement when healing and default menu assets (perhaps less background animations for more sensitive individuals, rather than the white/gray checkerboard) - it also surpasses the quality of roughly 90% fan games I ever set foot into.
You better be finishing this, I swear!

I am aware points aren't exactly a good way to measure games but nonetheless in its current state, Red 2 deserves at least an 8/10. Huge potential. Keep it up!

Elle

Incredible work!

Having defeated the somewhat challenging gym leader I believe I can call this a success. Stunning visuals, soothing calm OST, actually interesting alt/regional forms and best of all great client-side performance even on my old potato.
Whilst the demo isn't flawless - e.g. pokeball placement when healing and default menu assets (perhaps less background animations for more sensitive individuals, rather than the white/gray checkerboard) - it also surpasses the quality of roughly 90% fan games I ever set foot into.
You better be finishing this, I swear!

I am aware points aren't exactly a good way to measure games but nonetheless in its current state, Red 2 deserves at least an 8/10. Huge potential. Keep it up!
Thank you very much for both your compliments and criticisms! I'm glad that overall that you enjoyed yourself. :)

Inner Rhymes

Trainer
Tapping to ask if this is still in the works. I am a huge fan of the Kanto region, and would love to have another reason to revisit!

Back