• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Jade

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
capture009.png
pokemonjadelogoforum.png

Created With: RPG Maker XP, using the Pokemon Essentials engine

Team

• Pepperton - Lead Developer, programming, design, spriting, mapping, story
  • rpgfaker - Design, sprite artist, story
  • XiareMorris - Art Lead, concept artist, sprite artist, promotional art
  • Deepzekrom - Sprite artist
  • GatoPhilia - Sprite artist, concept artist, official art artist
  • Elle - UI Artist

Introduction

Hi everyone! My brother and I have been working on this game for a couple of months now and I'd like to begin to share our progress publicly leading up to a release. I've dipped my toe into the waters of Pokemon fangame development a couple times in my life but I've never really done work I'm proud of, until this project. I set out to make a Pokemon game that is something I myself would enjoy playing - a game rich with interesting and unique fakemon, traditional Pokemon mechanics, and a compelling story that drives the gameplay. This is about as close as I've gotten, and I hope you guys like what we have to offer you.

Story

Team Wild is a team of rebel bandits who mainly scourge around Goldwhite Desert in the eastern bounds of Ario. They’re constantly searching for something but it’s not easy to know what. The player is slowly made aware of Team Wild’s ultimate plan, and what they’re searching for.

It seems that deep in the ruins of Goldwhite Desert lies an extremely powerful and mysterious legendary Pokemon. However, the only way to encounter this Pokemon is by using a key that is hidden somewhere in the mystery of Ario, and there are several riddles scattered throughout the region that, if solved and pieced together, lead one to the key needed to unleash this beast.

Team Wild’s leader wants to capture this legendary Pokemon because it has the amazing ability to wipe the memory of entire populations. The leader wants to use this power to clean the Pokemon world’s memory of how Pokemon ought to be treated and afterwards create a new society in which Pokemon are seen as currency, and slaves of sorts. He’ll be able to put himself at the top of the ladder in this new society as the owner of the most rare and unique Pokemon in all of Ario, the legendary Pokemon, therefore become the unrivaled dictator of Ario. It’s up to you to stop Team Wild from realizing this terrifying reality!

Features

• 125 New Pokemon - The Ario Region is inhabited only by Pokemon native to its land, based off the beautiful Australia. In this tropical region you'll find tons of new faces to bond with! The number is subject to change, could be more or less.
  • 8 Gyms, Elite Four and a Champion - This game follows the traditional system, but don't fret, each gym leader will come with interesting puzzles and challenges galore!
  • Completely Original Region - Ario is like no other region in the original Pokemon games. It features multiple climates and atmospheres that'll keep gameplay feeling fresh.
  • Custom UI - Several gameplay mechanics will be revamped to have new, custom UI.
  • And much more! - The game has been in development for roughly six months to this point, and a lot is still to be laid out, so expect this list to grow much more as time goes on!

FAQ

Fakemon

There are 125 new pokemon in the Ario region, and it's up to you to catch 'em all!
pokedex_new.png

Screenshots

capture000.png
capture001.png
capture002.png

capture003.png
capture004.png
capture005.png

capture006.png
capture007.png
capture008.png

capture007.png
capture009.png
capture016.png

Downloads

• v3.22 - Released January 5, 2021
Known Glitches:

Archive of Downloads:
  • Beta v2.1 - Released August 2, 2020
Known Glitches:

• Beta v1.1 - Released July 24, 2018

Link: Click here
    Length: Three gyms
    Notes:
    Last updated 7/24/2018.

PATCH NOTES FROM v1.0:
    -Fixed random transport tile in Bancerra Town
    -Fixed issue with exit to Melbourne City Gym
    -Fixed events lagging when random NPCs get in the way
    -Fixed the Intro naming icon when you choose female to be a male

-Build ends after you defeat the 3rd gym OR after you defeat Axel outside the Pokemon Whisperer’s house, depending on which order you decided to do them in.
    -Content is about ~3.5-4 hrs of game-play according to early estimates.
    -55 new Pokemon, 43 of them obtainable in this build

Known Glitches:
    -If you make a New Game while in the “Large” window option, the introduction’s graphics will have an odd error where 75% of the screen is black.
    -Similarly, if a Pokemon gets poisoned while in the “Large” window option, the flashing red while the player moves to indicate your poisoned Pokemon is losing health experiences this same resizing error.
    -If you give a Pokemon a Rare Candy to make them evolve, their level will glitch and revert to a lower level than it should be. This doesn’t seem to happen when you give a Pokemon a Rare Candy normally.

Misc. Notes:
    -Some catchable Pokemon in this build don’t have their evolutions included in the game at this time. For example, Pokemon X may have an evolution at LV40, but since we don’t expect someone to naturally get their Pokemon to that level, we haven’t sprited and implemented the evolution yet.
    -Many items are unattainable in this build.
    -Surfing regions that would normally be explorable once achieving the third gym badge are closed off in this beta because they haven’t been designed yet.

Please take the time to fill out this survey after playing through the game, it will help a lot with improving the game in the future:
    https://goo.gl/forms/H8ZqsfblzozhOmGY2
  • Beta v1.0 - Last updated July 28, 2018

Link: Click here
    Length: Three gyms​

Credits

• rpgfaker - Lots of sprite/artwork, game design, ideation, concepts, help with coding
  • Maruno, poccil, Flameguru - Pokemon Essentials engine
  • Apple Juice - Several Pokemon concepts
  • Magiscarf - Tiles, pokemon trainer base templates, VS sprites
  • Newtiteuf - OW base template
  • Killerkitty4 - Female trainer backsprite template
  • PurpleZaffre - Pokemon Breeder OW sprites
  • princess-phoenix - Various tiles
  • WesleyFG - Various tiles
  • LotusKing - Various tiles
  • chaoticcherrycake - Various tiles
  • Ultimo-Spriter-D - Various tiles
  • PeekyChew - Various tiles
  • Moontik - Various tiles
  • Momokahimari - Trainer front sprite base templates
  • Thexicer - Trainer front sprite base templates
  • PkmnAlexandrite - Day-Care house tile
  • Kyle-Dove - Various tiles
  • donlawride - Various tiles
  • clara-wah - Various tiles
  • zetavares852 - Various tiles
  • ThatsSoWitty - Various tiles
  • speeddialga - Various tiles
  • Pokemon-Diamond - Various tiles
  • Kizamaru-Kurunosuke - Various tiles
  • Epic-Day - Various tiles
  • Thurpok - Various tiles
  • Dewitty - Various tiles
  • Minorthreat0897 - Various tiles
  • Heavy-Metal-Lover - Various tiles
  • kaitoooo - Various tiles
  • CrimsonTakai- Various tiles
  • BoomxBig - Various tiles
  • Alculus - Various tiles
  • Zeo-254 - Various tiles
  • TyranitarDark - Various tiles
  • Evolina - Various tiles
  • Phyromatical - Various tiles
  • Kaliser - Various tiles
  • spaceemotion - Various tiles
  • The-Red-eX - Various tiles
  • This list of artists - Various tiles
  • This list of artists - Various tiles
  • NOTE: If you don't see your name here but you see your tile/sprite/resource in the game, please first check the PokeCommunity thread credits as I've been updating that one more frequently. If you don't see your name there either, message me immediately and I will update accordingly.

Last edited:

Panda

Rookie
I love your game. Can't wait for full version! Take your time and keep up the great work. The fakemons are refreshing and look legit.

MadDeodorant

Insert internet reference here
What emulator do I run this game on?
No need for an emulator, it's an executable program. Download the game files through the link in the main post and in its content you'll find an executable file. That ought to be the game.

Pepperton

Novice
NQ9HLEd.png

If you enjoyed the v1.x beta of Pokemon Jade, get ready to continue your journey further into the depths of the Ario region in the v2.0 update! This update doubles the amount of gym badges you are able to obtain and contains a ton of new areas to explore - not to mention a lot more plot to unveil! Some of the below screenshots were released on our Twitter/Discord, and some are fully new today to give you a little extra incentive to try out v2.0!

NOTE: You should be able to continue your save file from the previous beta by simply downloading this new beta and running the game as normal. Let me know if you run into any issues with this via this thread or Discord.

ZToC8lR.png
ZdpaYal.png
VqfpLxW.png

Vc4W0W1.png
FMj6q4X.png
pEcP1H5.png

114diWh.png
G2NdJI0.png
EsCsR1y.png

2wxpp5U.png
mj8Gw40.png

Last edited:

ShinyMissingno

??? Pokémon
Oh man, and here I thought this hack had died a while back! Nice to see this game is still being worked on! :D Definitely gonna start this one back up, I do love me a game with well-done fakemon~

Pepperton

Novice
Oh man, and here I thought this hack had died a while back! Nice to see this game is still being worked on! :D Definitely gonna start this one back up, I do love me a game with well-done fakemon~
Thanks for the comment, hope you enjoy!

Some updates since I last posted! I pushed out v2.1 a week or two ago to fix some pesky bugs found in the initial release, so make sure you have that version - all download links should lead to the newest version. Secondly, the full sprite-dex is available for viewing on the OP! (All sprites and designs are not final). Secondly, we've created a document containing important information regarding Pokemon's evolutions and whether or not they're available in the current beta. You can find that document in the FAQ, also a new addition to the OP. Refer to the FAQ with your basic questions about where important items are/how certain Pokemon evolve etc.

Finally, I wanted to give a little dev update, as I've been chugging along trying to get this project finished. Here's a sneak peek at Springhill Windworks, a small little area on Route 15 where you can interact with some cute Danduft and learn about how ranchers and engineers alike are attempting to innovate in the alternative energy space in the region of Ario. Keep an eye out for the progress section of the OP as I've been updating it with my dev progress!

5FjJbxN.png
Dq6XZ6D.png

Virum

Rookie
This isn't a hack it's a fan game

AnnoyedGamer

Rookie
How do you use the diving suit? ive been pressing every button on my keyboard. But jesus christ i want to continue

liang

Rookie
Thanks guys. That's a fantastic pockmon fan game. I follows your news and updates from beta1 to the complete game. Even though I think it's not very challenging to beat elite four, the story is quite memoriable with beautiful graphs and design of fackmon. 😁

Attachments

• best team.PNG
    best team.PNG
    163.7 KB · Views: 1,023

Legolas Silmari

Rookie
So I am stuck in jade mountain and can not move and I do not wanna restart the game as its been fun can someone help me so I can keep going from where I am?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-08 002249.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-12-08 002249.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 410

Pepperton

Novice
So I am stuck in jade mountain and can not move and I do not wanna restart the game as its been fun can someone help me so I can keep going from where I am?
Hi, this is a known bug. If you have a Pokemon with Fly in your party, you can use it to get un-stuck. Otherwise, I can manually un-stuck you. I'll DM you.

Is there a VS Seeker in the game?

No.

How long does it take to complete the story?
I've heard it takes 18-20 hours.

This only took a few months!? 👏
A lot of work went into those months. :)

Thanks guys. That's a fantastic pockmon fan game. I follows your news and updates from beta1 to the complete game. Even though I think it's not very challenging to beat elite four, the story is quite memoriable with beautiful graphs and design of fackmon. 😁
Glad you enjoyed. :)

OfficialSFN

Rookie
Are the graphics folder just not available for public? I don't know if it's possible but can I get the folder somewhere privately but it'd help with like thumbnail creation..??

Pepperton

Novice
Are the graphics folder just not available for public? I don't know if it's possible but can I get the folder somewhere privately but it'd help with like thumbnail creation..??
I send the Graphics folder to content creators upon request. I’ll DM you.

Back