• Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly! You can learn how to add images to your posts here.

Released Pokemon Dreams

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Hello! May I be the first to introduce to you...
LuvPJ17.png

So far, this has been a solo project by me, and I hope to, at least, make a decent game!
I cannot wait to hear what you all have to say about it, both the good and the bad.
Without further ado...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its the story you'd, typically, expect of a Pokemon game. You are a young Trainer going on an adventure.
Your aim is to get all 8 Gym Badges and beat the Champion.
All the while, you are fighting against a nefarious organization attempting to claim great power.
You are a new Trainer from Virod Town in the Somni Region. You are being entrusted with a valuable Pokemon,
one of the three extinct Pokemon of that region, now being raised in captivity. With your new partner, you decide to take on the Somni Region's Gym challenge.
Despite being rather new, it is renowned as one of the hardest to overcome. Only two trainers have ever been crowned Champion!
While on your adventure, you encounter Team Dream and Team Nightmare. Their goal is unclear. They claim to be making "something revolutionary".
What will you uncover on your adventure through the Somni Regoin?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JLeNvKF.png
WL1TKlS.png

These are the characters you play as. Who are they? Why are they going on this adventure? That is for you to decide.
rJKp60r.png

The resident Pokemon Professor in the Somni Region. He researches Pokemon anatomy. His cousin, Professor Filbert, studies Pokemon genetics and assists Hornbeam in his research from time to time. However, he has been busy as of late researching a new
type of Pokemon that has emerged in the Somni Region, but more on that later.
i7lTeEB.png

A Trainer no one really seems to know about, besides Professor Hornbeam.
You run into him on your way to your first Gym Battle, and he, immediately, challenges you.
His partner is the Pokemon Vibubble.
QGCRJ0n.png

The "Explorer in White", Ferryn, is famous all around the world for tackling locales that even the most hardened of Trainers avoid on their travels.
She has come to take on the three Peaks of the Somni Region. Despite not being too much of a Trainer, she does enjoy the occasional Pokemon battle.
She was, eventually, given the Pokemon Shyly as a partner.
5zPrRV6.png

The son of Dr. Eam, Luc has just about anything he could want. Despite this, he isn't what you'd expect of a
kid with a famous father. He helps his dad with certain tasks and wants to become a Professor when he is older.
He seems to have a soft spot for battling, however. He goes everywhere with his partner, Mambile.
BD8xwn5.png

The founder of N-Vision Labs, he tends to spend much of his time working. Despite this, he still gives his family plenty of attention.
Dr. Eam spends his time designing safety equipment for Trainers and other professions. However, he has recently announced the creation
of a new Poke Ball, the Hyper Ball! According to Dr. Eam, it guarantees the captured Pokemon performs at peak levels,
without harming or modifying the Pokemon itself. It is still in development and no where near finished, though.
RVsaM0k.png

Team Dream is one part of a whole organization. Team Dream specializes in infiltrating laboratories and similar places.
Once inside, they attempt to steal the technology they need to further their "project". The leader of Team Dream is an
individual code-named "SLUMBER". They stick rigidly to the plan they have been assigned. If a plan goes awry, they tend to lash out
and become much more dangerous. It doesn't help that the Admin of Team Dream tends to be rather reckless.
OIM18ET.png

The other half of this mysterious organization is Team Nightmare. They are typically sent into the field when
technology from destroyed or rundown laboratories are needed.
They have, also, been witnessed kidnapping people and Pokemon, for unknown reasons. The leader of Team Nightmare is an person going by
the code-name "NIGHT TERROR". They tend to be rather talkative, often revealing major portions of their plans. However, they always seem
to be completed by the time they make this information known.
2rMtub7.png
I6G5jvR.png
PRvdZMB.png

The Pokemon of the Somni Region range from awe-inspiring to, frankly, ridiculous.
2aixJfb.png

wLV0I25.png

You will encounter a wide variety of creatures as you make your way through the Somni Region. Some new faces and old favorites will greet you throughout your travels.
By far, some of the oddest Pokemon have to be the "Somni Forms" of other Pokemon. While an accurate description, it is a bit of a misnomer.
Certain Pokemon in the Somni Region bear a great resemblence to Pokemon from other Regions in appearance and disposition.
However, their movesets, typing, abilities, and DNA greatly differ from one another.
It has been a topic of great discussion between researchers of the Somni Region.
Name: Galvatric
Type: Electric/Dark
R3HYu1y.png

Of all the Somni Forms, Galvatric is the closest, genetically, to the Pokemon it mimics, Emolga.
It was, originally, called Baratric due to its mannerisms and nocturnal behavior, but it was changed because it
made people think it was a closer relative to Pokemon like Zubat.

Name: Sirentice
Type: Water/Fairy
GSZiDT0.png

While it bears a resemblance to Gardevoir, this seems to be more out of survival than relation.
It draws Gallade and Male Gardevoir close with its looks. Then, it leaps out of the water,
frightening them with its lower body. On closer inspection, it appears that its lower body is similar to
the Pokemon Lumineon. However, it does not live in any body of water that is, also, home to Lumineon or Finneon.

Name: Mastoad
Type: Water/Psychic
FW3C5rP.png

Considered to be the Somni form of Politoad, Mastoad barely moves. It only moves
as much as it needs to. Despite this, it can unleash fearsome physical blows. Mastoad, apparently, boosts
its strength with its psychic powers. However, very few people ever attempt to raise
a Mastoad due to how problematic its prior evolutions are.

Name: Statitan
Type: Normal/Rock
tC32k4T.png

A manmade Pokemon from long ago. It is believed to have been created from
a society similar to the one that made Golurk. In fact, their types can be seen as direct parallels to each other.
Incredibly old cave markings depict a being similar to this Pokemon. Despite this, many
Statitans have relatively new body compositions.
pmA7Tp9.png

Pokemon Crossbreeds have been discovered in the Somni Region!
You won't find them in the wild, and a regular old Daycare Center won't work either.
The conditions have to be just right for these Pokemon to be brought into the world.
However, the results can be worth it. Some Pokemon that can't normally breed can, possibly, crossbreed, such as Blissey and Snorlax.
Maybe there is more to Pokemon breeding than first thought, or is this something only possible in the Somni Region?
Here is what to expect from your adventure through the Somni Region:
ntPGJ59.png
3xREUfp.png
z67RKDH.png

avkDpPR.png

Xu40Qsa.png

Tfne8lk.png

DTl2Dm7.png

7rXCcxZ.png

5Gq92t6.png

XAjChFO.png

qfmofgD.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Somni Region isn't set in stone. Many small changes could be made right under
your nose. Keep an eye on your surroundings, something new might appear...
edFv5HC.png

1z3zXcp.png

hWD9pfh.png

LfSkOF4.png
tR2Tiup.png

A new type has appeared in the Somni Region! The Light-type is the inverse of the Dark-Type, defensively.
Anything Dark resists, Light is weak to. Anything Dark is weak to, Light resists. They do share an immunity to Psychic, however.
Light-types are, typically, identifiable as they are either heroic in appearance, such as Gallade, or have a very caring nature, such as Chansey.
Light-Types are, often, defense-oriented with decent offensive stats. Light-Type
Pokemon are not overly common, so don't worry about getting caught off-guard.
Try taking a Ghost-Type with you if you're having trouble against them.
Despite being a fair distance from the Kalos Region, the Somni Region is full of Pokemon that can access Mega Evolution.
Rumor has it, the extinct Pokemon of the Somni Region were able to Mega Evolve!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Essentials - Maruno
EBS/Ultimate Title Screens/Easy Mouse System - Credits
Mega Evolution Sprites and Sylveon Sprites - Gen 6 Sprite Project
Certain Gen 6 scripts, items, and icons - Project: Generation 6 Release
Pokemon Overworld Sprites - Spriter's Resource
Its finally time! Pokemon Dreams Demo Version 1.0.3 is now available!
There are still a ton of things I want to do. Some sprites are still need editing or currently
have a placeholder sprite, there are some tiles in need of editing, some transitions need work, and black bars are rampant.
However, there is already plenty here to get some feedback on.
As such please mention anything that you think is a little bit off here, even if it so much as
a Pokemon's sprite is just an inch off the ground. It still just me working on this game, so there is a lot I miss or
just straight up forget.
Please feel free to leave any critiques and other such comments here.

Update 1.0.3: A pretty huge update. New areas, more story, a few new Pokemon to find. Even some new
minor Legendary Pokemon to capture. While I did not get to the exact place I wanted to with this demo,
there is still a lot that this demo comes with.

-Seabreeze Island has been completed. Explore it to your hearts content.
-Small errors and other such things have been corrected.
-Some new Pokemon, including three minor Legendaries, the Plaguemasters, one of which can be
found in the current demo. Happy hunting.
-Lightningrod Forest has been added. Electric types love this place.
- New Mega Stones are available, meaning new Pokemon that can Mega Evolve!
- A game-breaking bug has been fixed.

Google Drive/MediaFire

This demo includes:
4 gyms...
166 new Pokemon (I think I might have gone overboard...), of which 8 are crossbreeds, 14 are new evolutions, and 8 are Somni forms...
and a decent chunk of the overall story.
I eagerly await what you all have to say, both the good and the bad.
Any criticism is greatly appreciated.
Enjoy!

Last edited:

Omegas

Trainer
Hey, everybody. I have good news and bad news. Good news is I just got a new laptop! The bad news is why I needed that new laptop. My laptop blue screened me while working on a sprite. There was no warning or anything. Afterward, it would crash immediately after loading with a new error each time. I do have a pretty up to date back up of Pokemon Dreams, but it stll may not have some of my more recent edits. This may set back how soon i can get the next update out. I will do what i can to make up for lost time, but i cannot guarantee that it will be out as soon as i was hoping. I am sorry for the inconvenience, and i will do all i can to get the next update out.

Sorry once again. I hope everyone has a great day, and, hopefully, next time I'll have some good news. Until then, I await any critiques or bugs you wish to make known to me.

EDIT: Everybody, i have fantastic news! I managed to get my laptop in good enough order that I was able to retrieve the game's files. Now, i do not have to worry about any progress loss. I should, hopefully, have the next update ready... well not soon, but it should not be that long of a wait. Here is hoping nothing goes wrong from here.

Last edited:

Renaem

Rookie
Glad to hear that :DDD
I've been playing this game for a while and its really good so far!
Hopefully nothing like that would happen again...
Good luck on the game!

Omegas

Trainer
Hello, everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic holiday season, and a wonderful start to the new year. However, I have some
slightly bad news.
It is nothing dramatic. I am still working on the project, my laptop has not bluescreened again,
everything is fine, except for one thing. I got burned out and spent pretty much the entirety of
December attempting to shake it off. My goal for the next update was to get to the fifth gym.
However, time started to slip away and I struggled to get motivated. I wanted to work on it.
I wanted to progress, but I would open up the program and immediately draw a blank on what to do.
However, that did not stop me from, at the very least, getting a good chunk out of the game.
As such, I went on ahead and released the demo. There is a lot here for anyone interested.

New areas are available. Feel free to explore them as much as you desire.
New Pokemon are available, around 160... I think I may have a problem.
New minor Legendary Pokemon have appeared in the Somni region, the Plaguemasters.
Only one can be captured in the current demo, but the data for them is there.
Some sprites have been edited, mostly in regards to characters.
Finally, some more of the story is available.

I may not have gotten to the point I wanted, but I would be lying if I said this was a small update.
I cannot wait to hear what you all have to say. Until then, I will do what I can to get my rhythm back and work on the project.
Have a great day, and enjoy the new year!​

Emy

Rookie
Hi there!
I've been playing through the demo, and I think that it's really good and pretty well-made. But I've got to the ship after beating the gym, and when you're about to battle Luc and he shows you the trainer programe, they keep repeating the dialogue for every step you take. Kinda annoying but not a biggie.
When Penelope arrives, and invites your character to battle, it skips ahead to some more dialogue, where they take everyone but Luc off the ship and game over happens. I'm not really sure why it's happening, but I do hope it's just a scripting error since the game looks absolutely fantastic.

I hope this game goes far!
:)

katrina48

Novice
where do i go after betting the second gym i have resuced the girl from ice peak

katrina48

Novice
which area do i look for a spot od snow out of place is it in silas or by the lake or caves thanks

i think there is the error in game when you do the lstanding ay gym she still there after the ice peak resuce and every time you go back after to cave it wont let me go on i think i stuff my game up again

katrina48

Novice
there a error in the game when i go to sleep and have a dream i end up geting stuck by girl cant move at all or do anything

Omegas

Trainer
Hello, everyone. A small update today. As the above post pointed out, there is a game-breaking bug that occurs in the game.
If you chose Carter as your protagonist, you should be fine. If you chose Lin, I highly suggest you update your game.
My apologies and I hope to hear more about what you all have to say about the game.
Hopefully, the next update won't be purely to patch out a bug.
Have a nice day, everyone!​

Omegas

Trainer
(It has been a while, hasn't it?)
{Sorry for taking so long. }​
(With that being the case...)
(Why wait any longer?}
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XrZH7CL.png

19dY3k3.png

Something big is on the horizon.

J6BZm1J.png

I'd like to thank you all for your patience, and I hope you are willing to wait a little longer.

Jc87MFZ.png

cEqLwyM.png

A number of changes and will come about from it.

5d9JdUq.png

YSecmJ1.png

Until then, there is much work to be done.
Please forgive me for how long this is taking.
I assure you...

It will be worthwhile, no matter what...

oLmJMjC.png
7wCbLec.png

(The time draws nearer...)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LuvPJ17.png

lt1aUiD.png

PhantomTheEevee

Member of the Aether Foundation
Ohhh, a Crossbreed Research Facility!! Must visit. I'm currently training a bit for the first Gym Battle, I've got the clue how my Eevee can evolve into a noble Paladeon, I'm ready! ( ÒωÓ)و☆

If I may suggest something, could you possibly add cries for all the Fakemon in a future update? Don't have to be custom cries, I feel it'd simply be nice for them not being silent when appearing. Thanks!~

EDIT: Whoah, and maybe scaling down the Abras in the first Gym a bit, one or two levels is enough. Or, alternatively, raise the Level of the wild Pokemon at Lake Cere a bit to make leveling your own Pokemon easier, at the moment I'm having a very hard time even reaching to the Leader especially since the Abra's Hidden Power is super-effective on my Dark Types... ^_^; Or maybe it's intended to make the Gyms very challenging?

Last edited:

SunGoddess23

Cooltrainer
Yeah it would be nice to here some cries from the Pokemon if possible at least just use filler cries for them. Also is there a way for you to update the attacks to the new generation. I caught a Misdreary, which I like, but it's only attacking move Psywave seems to miss more often then not with it's 80% accuracy. If it's not possible it's fine I just hope that it will learn a new attacking move with better accuracy or I'm going to box this Pokemon until there is a good way to level it up better.

Omegas

Trainer
Ohhh, a Crossbreed Research Facility!! Must visit. I'm currently training a bit for the first Gym Battle, I've got the clue how my Eevee can evolve into a noble Paladeon, I'm ready! ( ÒωÓ)و☆

If I may suggest something, could you possibly add cries for all the Fakemon in a future update? Don't have to be custom cries, I feel it'd simply be nice for them not being silent when appearing. Thanks!~

EDIT: Whoah, and maybe scaling down the Abras in the first Gym a bit, one or two levels is enough. Or, alternatively, raise the Level of the wild Pokemon at Lake Cere a bit to make leveling your own Pokemon easier, at the moment I'm having a very hard time even reaching to the Leader especially since the Abra's Hidden Power is super-effective on my Dark Types... ^_^; Or maybe it's intended to make the Gyms very challenging?

Glad to see your excited. Trust me, this next update is going to have plenty of new additions and changes. As for the cries, that is currently in the works, so it should be remedied by the time the next update comes out. Now that I think about it, this update is going to bring many aesthetic changes. As for the difficulty of Gyms, I did make them with the intent of them being difficult, but I was always worried about the first Gym's difficulty, so I may make some mild changes. Although, I will warn you that the first Gym Leader is definitely no slouch.

Yeah it would be nice to here some cries from the Pokemon if possible at least just use filler cries for them. Also is there a way for you to update the attacks to the new generation. I caught a Misdreary, which I like, but it's only attacking move Psywave seems to miss more often then not with it's 80% accuracy. If it's not possible it's fine I just hope that it will learn a new attacking move with better accuracy or I'm going to box this Pokemon until there is a good way to level it up better.

Thank you for making me aware of this. As for leveling up Misdreary, try checking around Mont City. There is a guy around there somewhere who sells some interesting items if you're struggling with leveling up your Pokemon. Try poking around the hotel if you haven't already.

I hope you all enjoy what the game has to offer. For now, I have an update to work on. Have a great day, everyone!

Back