• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Discussion What type of gamer are you?

This thread invites discussion. Be respectful, but feel free to share your opinions.

Which type are you?

• Explorer

Votes: 49 73.1%
  • Killer

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Socializer

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Achiever

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters

Radical Raptr

Bug Maniac
Gotta say I'm an explorer - I love meeting every npc and figuring out their lives and place in the world, even more so in fan-games!
One of my favorite parts as a dev is making quirky NPC's or hidden easter eggs - finding those as a player is incredible.

When I'm thinking of this stuff, I mostly think of Zelda, and not Pokemon, only because rather than doing the main objective I have a lot more fun meeting NPc's and figuring out their side quests and what they do - basically 100% the game before I fight the final boss haha.
however, when applied to Pokemon, I try to be an explorer as best I can, but near the end I end up a killer - take Pokemon Y for example, I played through once and had a blast meeting all the people and doing all the stuff and finding the weird hidden stuff, but then when I was done, I completed the entire game again, but with only one pokemon - Malamar. I just get so bored with how easy the game gets by the end I become a powerhouse of destruction and wipe out anyone who comes my way.

Mozart

Annoying Twit
I just like to chill and explore the worlds that I'm in, hoard items like a dragon, beat up people to level grind and so on. ORAS in particular was a trip with this explorerlust, they kinda went...off the rails with unsettling NPCs.

Vendily

Elite Trainer
For me, I'm an explorer first and, depending on the day, switch betwen achiever and socializer, but I tend to the former more often as I mostly play single player.
For what it's worth, I like to explore mechanics more than locations. I have a list of glitches for a few games, some I discovered while others someone showed me, but everytime I just get excited about it all.
Achiever shows up the way you would expect, pick up the things, do the side quests, fill up the dex things. I don't really do this in pokemon, mostly because I have missed the chance to get any event pokemon, so I've given up on that. Zelda: BOTW gets more of this, I take pictures of every thing, enemies, weapons, animals, all of that. I buy clothes too.

Pokemon gets most of my socializer side, like trading with people, baking poffins together, playing tag in the underground. Oh and drawing, that is always fun.

patermillion

Rookie
I would say I sit pretty squarely between explorer and achiever. I really like games with a world and lore to explore, but also like the opportunity to compete and any sort of achievement system is welcome in my books. I think it's interesting that there is such a high percentage of explorers in the poll. I wonder if it says something about Pokemon games, or the type of people that make there way to a forums about making games?

D

Deleted member 561

I'm honestly a explorer and killer. In FPS games, I just love to go around causing havoc, in every single part of the map. So basically explorer + killer. In rpg games, like Pokemon I usually try to attend every single battle, and every single NPC.

Back