• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Name Windows 1

Mr. Gela

Discord: theo#7722
I love the script so far it's been working great! One thing I just wanted to ask. Are you able to call your rivals name with this? In my fangame, I want to let the player name their rival, and when the rival talks with the \xn command, it just appears as a 0. Usually, in text, you'd put your rival's name as \v[X], X being the number of the rival set in the Script Section Settings. Below is my text setup that makes it appear as 0. Thanks again for making the script!

920f2f26bd85938647de249d7a84e376.png
I'll try to provide a fix over the next few days.

Vxpor

Elite Trainer
I'll try to provide a fix over the next few days.
No need now, I found a fix for it. The problem I had was I changed the variable that the Rival's name was being stored in, so it just showed as 0. Thanks for the quick response though and love the script!

Mr. Gela

No need now, I found a fix for it. The problem I had was I changed the variable that the Rival's name was being stored in, so it just showed as 0. Thanks for the quick response though and love the script!
Good to know past me was not that stupid! You're welcome.

Mr. Gela

Leondrea

Trainer
How can I add a window skin to this script that is dark and smaller than the vanilla essentials one?
or how can I put the text of that window skin much more to the bottom?

Mr. Gela

How can I add a window skin to this script that is dark and smaller than the vanilla essentials one?
or how can I put the text of that window skin much more to the bottom?
You can use the OFFSET variables in the settings to permanently move the window around, or use the commands inside the \xn text code.

Leondrea

Trainer
You can use the OFFSET variables in the settings to permanently move the window around, or use the commands inside the \xn text code.
Thank you, I managed how to move it properly above the message, I just had to playtest every time. Now it works!

Mr. Gela

Any Chance this can be updated for Essentials V19.1?
Whenever I get to updating most of my scripts I'll have to make them compatible with the plugin manager so that will take me some time and learning. In the meanwhile, I'll try to see if I can do some quick patching to make them compatible with v19+ without making them a Plugin, although that's not very neat or tidy. I'm not into Pokémon gamedev at the moment and don't have much time this week, so I must confess I'm not super eager to update them :-(

sorryjzargo

Novice
I tried to create a new preset, but when I try to use it in my game it just appears as text instead of making a text box. What am I doing wrong?

The text is
Ruby:
        when "xnd"
          # Sample, sets a particular color (green)
          string=controls[i][1]
          namewindow.dispose if namewindow
          namewindow=pbDisplayNameWindow([msgwindow,string,false,"60B048","B0D090","0","0",nil,"0","0","0"])
and I placed it just under the "xnc" code.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
I tried to create a new preset, but when I try to use it in my game it just appears as text instead of making a text box. What am I doing wrong?
Did you edit the regex to accommodate this new preset?

Boxply

Rookie
Did you edit the regex to accommodate this new preset?
could you go more in depth at this since i've the same problem for v19.1. I don't understand what exactly to do, sorry if this seems a bit dumb of me, but it'd be amazing if you could help!
and the problem is with the default presets as well... such as \xn
I'm using the script the pastebin provided and placed it in a seperate section above Main and Compiler
SO.png

Last edited:

PercyGekkouga

Novice
The command doesn't seem to work with v19.1...
Do you happen to have another script that affects messages?
If you do, you can either delete the other one, or manually merge them.
I wasn't able to use this script either, because I had a message altering script.
I deleted it, and this worked.

Boxply

Rookie
Do you happen to have another script that affects messages?
If you do, you can either delete the other one, or manually merge them.
I wasn't able to use this script either, because I had a message altering script.
I deleted it, and this worked.
Thank you so much! I had easy text skip and that wasn't allowing this one to work.

PercyGekkouga

Novice
Thank you so much! I had easy text skip and that wasn't allowing this one to work.
You're welcome!
Yup, I had it too. What I'm doing is that I'm keeping easy text skip for my convenience while devving, but when I'll be readying the game for release, I'll delete it and name windows will work normally.

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
For future reference, if people would like to get Name Boxes to work with Easy Text Skip, you will need to combine the two scripts- or at the very least, merge the changes in one's instance of pbMessageDisplay with another's. I've taken the liberty of combining both scripts, but there is a better way to do this, and you should obviously still give credit to both sets of developers involved with their scripts.

Back