• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Name Windows 1

Mr. Gela

Discord: theo#7722
Mr. Gela submitted a new resource:

Mr. Gela's Name Windows - Enables the use of custom windows with names in them, to use for the name of NPCs, for example.

What's this?
See screenshots. owo

O.K. What do I do?
Import this Pastebin Link into a new script section. Use with the text code "\xn[text]".

It will default to the choice windowskin (left screenshot) but, if there's a file in the Windowskin folder called "speech whatever xn", it will use that one instead (right screenshot). A bunch of those are included in one of my other resources:...

Read more about this resource...

Ash Ketchum 000

Don't Give up until everything is finished.
Looking Good :D
Will be sure to check it out when I'll done my game.

Hermanaso

Rookie
I cant change names windowskin

I named the image ''speech 1 xn'', 'speec xn'', 'speech01xn'' and ''speech whatever xn'' and it didnt work. It always use the ''choice 1'' image

Anyways this script its so nice and easy to plug in

Mr. Gela

I cant change names windowskin

I named the image ''speech 1 xn'', 'speec xn'', 'speech01xn'' and ''speech whatever xn'' and it didnt work. It always use the ''choice 1'' image

Anyways this script its so nice and easy to plug in

My instructions might've been vague. Are you using the default windowskins that come in Essentials? ("speech hgss 1" etc). If you are, the "XN" filename should look like "speech hgss 1 xn".

Please, let me know if that was it. :-)

WolfPP

Discord wolfppontes
Oh nice! Can we put image too? I mean, like RPG lol image instead text name. And both too LOL

Ty ty!

Diego Mertens

Rookie
Hi, Mr. Gela!
I do it! I was coding since an hour, and I get what i'd want!
(en mi idioma/in my laguage)
¡Hola, Mr. Gela!
¡Lo hice! Estube codificando como por una hora, ¡Y conseguí hacerlo! Puse esto:
Ruby:
def pbDisplayNameWindow(msgwindow,param)
  if msgwindow.y <= 25
    namewindow=Window_AdvancedTextPokemon.new(_INTL("<ac>{1}</ac>",param))
    namewindow.setSkin("Graphics/Windowskins/"+MessageConfig::TextSkinName+" xn")
    namewindow.resizeToFit(namewindow.text,Graphics.width)
    namewindow.width=180 if namewindow.width<=180
    namewindow.width = namewindow.width
    namewindow.y=0
    namewindow.x=msgwindow.x
    namewindow.y+=OFFSET_NAMEWINDOWUP_Y
    namewindow.x+=OFFSET_NAMEWINDOW_X
    namewindow.viewport=msgwindow.viewport
    namewindow.z=msgwindow.z
    return namewindow
  else msgwindow.y >=25
    namewindow=Window_AdvancedTextPokemon.new(_INTL("<ac>{1}</ac>",param))
    namewindow.setSkin("Graphics/Windowskins/"+MessageConfig::TextSkinName+" xn")
    namewindow.resizeToFit(namewindow.text,Graphics.width)
    namewindow.width=180 if namewindow.width<=180
    namewindow.width = namewindow.width
    namewindow.y=msgwindow.y-namewindow.height
    namewindow.x=msgwindow.x
    namewindow.y+=OFFSET_NAMEWINDOW_Y
    namewindow.x+=OFFSET_NAMEWINDOW_X
    namewindow.viewport=msgwindow.viewport
    namewindow.z=msgwindow.z
    return namewindow
  end
end
And:
Ruby:
OFFSET_NAMEWINDOW_Y=0
OFFSET_NAMEWINDOW_X=0
OFFSET_NAMEWINDOWUP_Y=108
OFFSET_NAMEWINDOWUP_X=-1

Kartik

Disappointment
Is it possible to change the windowskin for it in respect to the speech's windowskin

in the screenshot below you can see it still uses the windowskin for the first hgss frame and not the corresponding one even thou i have all the windowskins in the folder

Mr. Gela

Is it possible to change the windowskin for it in respect to the speech's windowskin

in the screenshot below you can see it still uses the windowskin for the first hgss frame and not the corresponding one even thou i have all the windowskins in the folder
It should be using the same windowskin unless your text command is overwriting that. Is that what's happening?

Kartik

Disappointment
It should be using the same windowskin unless your text command is overwriting that. Is that what's happening?
This or any other event doesnt have a command and i havent changed anything related to it in the scripts as well

Kartik

Disappointment
Well i worked out with the script a bit
It still doesnt changes it itself but i managed to create an option for it
Thnx

Minorthreat0987

Rookie
Sorry to necropost, my apologies if it's against the rules, I didn't see it anywhere.

Anyway, I am having issues with getting the text color in the NameWindow to adjust for a dark windowskin. I've attached my windowskin for reference. I've looked at the dark skin code in both the Message script and the NameWindow script and they seem to be the same. Any thoughts?

Mr. Gela

Sorry to necropost, my apologies if it's against the rules, I didn't see it anywhere.

Anyway, I am having issues with getting the text color in the NameWindow to adjust for a dark windowskin. I've attached my windowskin for reference. I've looked at the dark skin code in both the Message script and the NameWindow script and they seem to be the same. Any thoughts?

Since you ask so nicely
🥺
🥺
🥺
🥺

xlkpJTr.png
isvMxS9.png

* Grab the updated script from the Resource post. Or here...
* Use \dxn instead of \xn to use a dark skin.
* Filename should end in "xn dark" instead of just "xn".
LMK about any issues if you find 'em.

Minorthreat0987

Rookie
Oh wow! I wasn't expecting you to re-write it just for me...I appreciate it though!! Thank you so much! It works like a charm now. Again I really appreciate it! :)

ribbit

Rookie
Hey I was wondering if you were intending on making updates for compatibility with v18? I love this script so much.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Hey I was wondering if you were intending on making updates for compatibility with v18? I love this script so much.
Its actually very to make it v18 compatible. In the script, replace Kernel.pbDisplayMessage with just pbDisplayMessage

Last edited:

Mr. Gela

Its actually a very easy fix. In the script, replace Kernel.pbDisplayMessage with just pbDisplayMessage
Some other method changed, 'pbCommaNumber' which was changed in favour of _formatted after '.to_s'.

Sorry I didn't check that in the first place in the previous update. There's now a V18-compatible version in the main thread.

Vxpor

Elite Trainer
I love the script so far it's been working great! One thing I just wanted to ask. Are you able to call your rivals name with this? In my fangame, I want to let the player name their rival, and when the rival talks with the \xn command, it just appears as a 0. Usually, in text, you'd put your rival's name as \v[X], X being the number of the rival set in the Script Section Settings. Below is my text setup that makes it appear as 0. Thanks again for making the script!

920f2f26bd85938647de249d7a84e376.png

Back