• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Shattered Stones

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Pokemon Shattered Stones

Introduction:
Pokemon Shattered Stones is a new project im working on created by myself using Pokemon Essentials & RPG Maker XP.
My previous project "Pokemon Gemstone" was originally a mini project to see how fast I could create a pokemon fan game. Now that I have completed and gained feedback from that game I wanted to create another fan game which would hopefully address any problems or include any feedback from my previous projects.

Playthrough:

Plot:
Pokemon Shattered Stones copies the same 8 gym setting already existing in most official and fan made Pokemon games.
Shattered Stones will follow the hero on their journey to be league champion but also will follow a story of meeting Pokemon with a new special form and tackle the problem that is known as Team Astra!

Features:
- 2 Rivals
- New Moves
- Includes Fairy Type
- Upgraded Types / Base stats / Movepools
- New evolution methods for existing Pokemon to replace trade evolutions
- New Gym Leaders
- Updated TM List & Removal of HMs
- New Burst Forms!
- Pre Gym Training System

In Pokemon Shattered Stones every Pokemon evolution line will have a new form know as a Burst Form.
When this form is active a Pokemon may recieve various changes such as Type and Ability changes but one of its base stats will be increased by 100.
Only the final evolution stage of each Pokemon will be able to take on a burst form.

There is a Pre-Gym based in an early town which will update its roster depending on which gym leader you will face next. The Pre-Gym is designed to help the player raise the levels of their team quickly without the need of grinding in the grassy routes, offering repeatable high level battles.

Progress:
Current Version: 8 Gym battles completed but getting close to the main finale part of the story.

I've got a busy couple of weeks coming up so the game needs testing.
All burst forms have front sprites but the back sprites have not been set just yet.
I'd appreciate people testing the game and finding bugs and such so I can fix it when development begings again.

Next Version
- Currently working on the major part of the plot
- Fixing burst forms so they all work properly

Download Link:
Download Pokemon Shattered Stones

Screenshots:
burst_zps1moc2bnx.png
Fairy_zpsfymz3yca.png
ranch_zpszxouqjdd.png

battle%20market_zpsrhbwxk0g.png

pre%20gym_zpszt5wvmnf.png
astra_zpsikmfjvb0.png

Credits:
Custom Trainer sprites, Custom Sprites, Alolan forms, Custom Megas, BURST form recolours:
Charizardthree
Pokémon Essentials Starter Kit:
Maruno, Poccil, Flameguru
Smogon XY Sprite Project:
Wyverii, Princessofmusic, GeoisEvil, Noscium, Layell, Branflakes325, leparagon
Sleet, aXl, Paintseagull, siiilver, wobblebuns, Galifia, Quanyails
Smogon SM Sprite PRoject:
Princess-pheonix, Leparagon, JaegerLucciano23
Pokemon follow:
Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71
Pokemon "Shattered Stones" Logo -
Zomory
Battle Backgrounds:
Gamefreak, Pokemon Company

Last edited:

Elle

Maker of Many and Finisher of Few
Your screenshots aren't loading for me; it says the images are broken. I'm not sure if anyone else is seeing it too, but if they are and it's not just for me, I hope they get fixed soon. :(

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Your screenshots aren't loading for me; it says the images are broken. I'm not sure if anyone else is seeing it too, but if they are and it's not just for me, I hope they get fixed soon. :(

Not sure why this is. I'm looking into it now.
Will try and find a new Image hosting site if photobucket keeps this up...

Herovoltsy has done a playthrough of this game if you want to check out the gameplay though.

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
I've just updated Pokemon Shattered Stones.
There are now 7 Badges obtainable and I've started to fix some of the Burst Forms which were not working properly.
Will focus on getting the Burst forms fully sorted over the next few days, It's going to take a while to get all of them done but thats the plan.

The last 2 gyms need testing if anyone wants to try it and I'd like some feedback on the story so far.
The major plot and remainder of the game should follow fixing the burst forms.

Maor80

Cooltrainer
I want to ask how i can develope magneton into magnezone? and how develope haunter to gengar? please answer me i reached the desert zone and i want to ask where i can find gible in this game?

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Haunter now evolves with the use of a Dusk Stone
Magneton now evolves holding a magnet at night time. Magnet isn't in the game yet as I'm going to change this very soon.
Gible can be found in the desert.

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Updated the game to version 4.
The game now has 8 Gym badges but it in need of testing.
I have a busy few weeks coming up so if people wouldn't mind testing that would be great.
I'll fix any issuse when I'm a bit more free.

Note: all burst forms have front sprites but back sprites have not yet all been completed.

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Where i can find magnet if added? I need it

Magnet is not in the game yet but the new update allows you to evolve it with a new item called a magnetic relic.
they should be found around the region if not there is a salesman in the final town in the demo where you can purchase it.

Last edited:

Maor80

Cooltrainer
I reached the place where the rival battle happening but after wining and watcher stoping the team astra grunts the i cant move i think there is bug causeing the game to freeze

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
I reached the place where the rival battle happening but after wining and watcher stoping the team astra grunts the i cant move i think there is bug causeing the game to freeze

I'll have to take a look into it.
It worked for me but I'm going to need to playthrough and see whats up with it.
I plan on having a fix out soon so maybe within the next few days it should be sorted.

xiaomaome

Novice
anyone unable to enter the prize house in the safari zone? any idea on evolving magneton?

Last edited:

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
anyone unable to enter the prize house in the safari zone? any idea on evolving magneton?

Magneton evolves with a new item called magnetic relic.
Safari zone prize house isn’t connected yet because I’m not sure what to put as the prize.

There will be an update very soon.
I’ve just got a few things going on atm.

xiaomaome

Novice
the game always crashes when i talk to the amazonite gym leader, btw. think its a bug. also, the region map looks looks like a chess board with different colors

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
As
the game always crashes when i talk to the amazonite gym leader, btw. think its a bug. also, the region map looks looks like a chess board with different colors

As I said there will be an update soon.
The gym leader will be fixed and the map isn’t finished yet.
I’ve not planned where the final few locations will be so I’ve just left it as a template for now.
I’m fairly busy at the moment so it’s going to be at least another week before I get back into development.

Maor80

Cooltrainer
I tried to find dratini according to the pokedex it can be found in the safari zone in which off its areas it can be found ? I notiched there are 4 areas in the safari zone i need to ask if i need to get heart scale to my piloswine to learn acient power if i need this item where i can find heart scale? If not is acient power can be learned by level up piloswine?

Last edited:

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
I tried to find dratini according to the pokedex it can be found in the safari zone in which off its areas it can be found ? I notiched there are 4 areas in the safari zone i need to ask if i need to get heart scale to my piloswine to learn acient power if i need this item where i can find heart scale? If not is acient power can be learned by level up piloswine?

Dratini is in area 4.
Try fishing for it.
And piloswine should learn it via level up

Back