• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Shattered Stones

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Pokemon Shattered Stones

Introduction:
Pokemon Shattered Stones is a new project im working on created by myself using Pokemon Essentials & RPG Maker XP.
My previous project "Pokemon Gemstone" was originally a mini project to see how fast I could create a pokemon fan game. Now that I have completed and gained feedback from that game I wanted to create another fan game which would hopefully address any problems or include any feedback from my previous projects.

Playthrough:

Plot:
Pokemon Shattered Stones copies the same 8 gym setting already existing in most official and fan made Pokemon games.
Shattered Stones will follow the hero on their journey to be league champion but also will follow a story of meeting Pokemon with a new special form and tackle the problem that is known as Team Astra!

Features:
- 2 Rivals
- New Moves
- Includes Fairy Type
- Upgraded Types / Base stats / Movepools
- New evolution methods for existing Pokemon to replace trade evolutions
- New Gym Leaders
- Updated TM List & Removal of HMs
- New Burst Forms!
- Pre Gym Training System

In Pokemon Shattered Stones every Pokemon evolution line will have a new form know as a Burst Form.
When this form is active a Pokemon may recieve various changes such as Type and Ability changes but one of its base stats will be increased by 100.
Only the final evolution stage of each Pokemon will be able to take on a burst form.

There is a Pre-Gym based in an early town which will update its roster depending on which gym leader you will face next. The Pre-Gym is designed to help the player raise the levels of their team quickly without the need of grinding in the grassy routes, offering repeatable high level battles.

Progress:
Current Version: 8 Gym battles completed but getting close to the main finale part of the story.

I've got a busy couple of weeks coming up so the game needs testing.
All burst forms have front sprites but the back sprites have not been set just yet.
I'd appreciate people testing the game and finding bugs and such so I can fix it when development begings again.

Next Version
- Currently working on the major part of the plot
- Fixing burst forms so they all work properly

Download Link:
Download Pokemon Shattered Stones

Screenshots:
burst_zps1moc2bnx.png
Fairy_zpsfymz3yca.png
ranch_zpszxouqjdd.png

battle%20market_zpsrhbwxk0g.png

pre%20gym_zpszt5wvmnf.png
astra_zpsikmfjvb0.png

Credits:
Custom Trainer sprites, Custom Sprites, Alolan forms, Custom Megas, BURST form recolours:
Charizardthree
Pokémon Essentials Starter Kit:
Maruno, Poccil, Flameguru
Smogon XY Sprite Project:
Wyverii, Princessofmusic, GeoisEvil, Noscium, Layell, Branflakes325, leparagon
Sleet, aXl, Paintseagull, siiilver, wobblebuns, Galifia, Quanyails
Smogon SM Sprite PRoject:
Princess-pheonix, Leparagon, JaegerLucciano23
Pokemon follow:
Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71
Pokemon "Shattered Stones" Logo -
Zomory
Battle Backgrounds:
Gamefreak, Pokemon Company

Last edited:

Nic

ocean man
Yo dude, love your fan games, even if they follow the formula. Glad your working on the next installment, if you ever need sprites, hit me up!

Maor80

Cooltrainer
I want to ask some things is togepy stil evolveing by happiness or by level up? i reached to level 19 but not evoltion yet is possible to get mareep as i seen the farm s zone or batter electric type pokemon than pichu or dedene?

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
I want to ask some things is togepy stil evolveing by happiness or by level up? i reached to level 19 but not evoltion yet is possible to get mareep as i seen the farm s zone or batter electric type pokemon than pichu or dedene?

the only evolution methods which have changed are the trade evolutions, I'll look into adding an NPC who can increase happiness.
As for electric types they are the only two base pokemon. I'm considering swapping out pikachu for something like shinx or mareep.
is there anything you'd prefer to see?

Maor80

Cooltrainer
the only evolution methods which have changed are the trade evolutions, I'll look into adding an NPC who can increase happiness.
As for electric types they are the only two base pokemon. I'm considering swapping out pikachu for something like shinx or mareep.
is there anything you'd prefer to see?
I would prefet to see mareep

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Shattered Stones has now been updated to have 5 Badges,
there are backsprites for the new burst forms have not yet been included but they still will show the front sprites in the summary screens.
Feedback on the story would be appreciated and if you find any errors please report them :)

Reactions: Nic

Maor80

Cooltrainer
did raichu got burst form and do you know where i can find mareep

Last edited:

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
did raichu got burst form and do you know where i can find mareep

Every final evolution will have atleast one burst form. Mareep is in the game but as it's a common Pokemon you should have no problem finding it with the Pokedex features.

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Dude please tell me your still working on this game. I love it
I am but i've currently got things going on like prep for uni so all my fan games are in a slow point of development. once the next week or so is over I
'm hoping to get them all going again with a new update each, including this one.

so if you or anyone else have suggestions for possible additions to the next version please do let me know :)

mikethemaster2012

Trainer
I am but i've currently got things going on like prep for uni so all my fan games are in a slow point of development. once the next week or so is over I
'm hoping to get them all going again with a new update each, including this one.

so if you or anyone else have suggestions for possible additions to the next version please do let me know :)
I understand were you're coming from with two jobs I barely have time for anything else.

Xerado

Novice
@Charizardthree. Good game. I beat the demo and I liked it. I couldn't figure out how to make burst form work (or if it's even implemented yet) but it was a fun little go around so far. Your mapping is really clean and straightforward, yet there were times where I could walk on top of trees and the player's reflection was shown when exiting interiors from hitting the bottom edge of the map. Otherwise, good game. I look forward to future updates.

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
@Charizardthree. Good game. I beat the demo and I liked it. I couldn't figure out how to make burst form work (or if it's even implemented yet) but it was a fun little go around so far. Your mapping is really clean and straightforward, yet there were times where I could walk on top of trees and the player's reflection was shown when exiting interiors from hitting the bottom edge of the map. Otherwise, good game. I look forward to future updates.

Would you mind making a note of where these errors are so i can fix them?
The Burst forms are in there. they should all work but the backsprites have not all been edited yet so they may appear as the original backs.

Chaos

Rookie
How do the burst form's work. i give the bug one to my butterfree it does nothing try to use it from the menu in and out of battle but theses nothing

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
How do the burst form's work. i give the bug one to my butterfree it does nothing try to use it from the menu in and out of battle but theses nothing

It should change the form if you the typed stone to a fully evolved Pokémon of that type.
Butterfree becomes a purple colour and it’s type changes.
You’ll need to check the summary to see the change.
It should also appear a different colour in battle.
However the green glow you saw in the battle is only for the Pokémon you have to battle to receive the gems.

Chaos

Rookie
It should change the form if you the typed stone to a fully evolved Pokémon of that type.
Butterfree becomes a purple colour and it’s type changes.
You’ll need to check the summary to see the change.
It should also appear a different colour in battle.
However the green glow you saw in the battle is only for the Pokémon you have to battle to receive the gems.
Ok, i have figured out the problem, the type does change and and the stats do increase but for some reason the pokemon doesnt change apperance, it just says the same
Possible you could look into this

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Still need to add in and fix loads of things but I've gone through Shattered Stones and fixed a few bugs/balanced levels/level up moves/etc...

Maor80

Cooltrainer
I heard about your new game demo pokemon fresh i want to test it i dont have twitter acount so i made a comnent here please let taste it

Back