• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Chronicles: Keldeo

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
27.jpg

Author's Note: This game was made for a GAME JAM at PokéCommunity. It won the Game Jam, though there were only four entrants. Here's my award to prove it. It's very pretty.
nqGqsHZ.png

The basis of the challenge was that you were given a random legendary (and one week!) to build a very short "dungeon" and "story" for, and that was the extent of the requirements. I was very excited--it would be cool to make a lava dungeon for Entei, or a Steel mine for Registeel, or even a Sky tower for Thundurus. No. I got Keldeo.

Keldeo. Ugh.

But I made it work, and I dug it up so I could share it with all of you! It's about a 30 minute long game, though I added a little bit of fun stuff at the end, so who knows.

576893b5987e4b8994a19ee8f725d570.png

Pokémon Chronicles: Keldeo

RwIp6mQ.png

Overview

You've been traveling with Eusine, an eclectic collector, for a very long time! He's hunting down the mythical SUICUNE, and his most recent hunt has brought him to a frigid island which is said to house a four legged water beast...[/tab]
[tab=Features]- A quick 30 minute experience with fun storytelling
- An ice puzzle!
- Lovely Gen 2 Graphics

Credits

---Writing, Eventing, Mapping, etc.---
Evan

---Pokemon Essentials---
Maruno, Poccil, Flame Guru, many others

---Gen 2 Essentials---
COMBOY and crew

-Devamped Sprites-
COMBOY
DarkDoom3000
Koolboyman
AkaiIsamu
Neslug
NICKtendo DS
Wes
pokekoks
Mighty Jetters
Alpha Six
Jeremy
Lockerz102
JoshR691
Koopaul
Parasect047
Ike
ClawedNyasu
Layle
SengirDev
Devicho

-Special thanks-
THE SPRITERS RESOURSE
Maruno
FL.
Umbreon
Pia Carrot
kcgcrazy
mej71
out written
kiedisticelixer

his game was made using RMXP and Pokémon Essentials GEN 2 Pack.

Download Here: https://goo.gl/JWjxV5

Last edited by a moderator:

Radical Raptr

Bug Maniac
I JUDGED THIS!!
IT WAS VERY GOOD, YOU WON!

I really liked this entry a lot partially because it was basically the only one that wasn't total garbage
You had a lot of neat ideas in there, and it felt like a nice little story rather than a series of in-congruent events!

I'm glad you posted this and I'm sorry I didn't notice until now...

Also I should clarify, you did a very remarkable job on this entry, it met the requirements, and was leaps and bounds greater in all categories and any of the other entries were in even one category. You fully deserved 1st place, and I'm glad to see you post it here! it was a hecking good time!

Last edited:

Mozart

Annoying Twit
Hey wow this needs more comments! This game was a nice little compact adventure that gave me the same warm feeling of when I was playing Pokemon Crystal the first time as a wee one, right down to the "oh wow what's THAT Pokemon?" feeling when I realized that new Pokemon were in this experience too. I was a little disappointed when my Flaaffy that I traded for was immediately disobedient, and that I couldn't get an Umbreon or Espeon since they can't learn HM strength, but it's a game jam game so shut up and play Mozart. I feel like I want to revisit it again and again just to take in all the work that was put into this game!

Back