• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Essentials PBS Editor Program v1.3

Just give errors, Nothing Else....
Can't help you if you're not gonna elaborate. There's no reason to post such a message if you don't specify WHAT the issue is.

Ash Ketchum 000

Don't Give up until everything is finished.
Can't help you if you're not gonna elaborate. There's no reason to post such a message if you don't specify WHAT the issue is.

Oh yea! Sorry, Just many of the windows opened when It's checking for update.

A.J1

Extra
Did you have made this by visual basic 6.0 or vb. Net? or any other.

A.J1

Extra
I do, but I don't do anything with it. This is getting off-topic from this resource, so if you have any more questions I suggest contacting me on Discord @ Marin#3090 or in DMs.
Oh sorry I will see you in Discord.

blackhammer99

Rookie
Hey there,
I posted a similar question in the Pokecommunity thread on this great program, but figured I'd try here just in case you are checking one but not the other.

I'm having a problem with the trainer editor portion. The editor is returning an error that says a specific line is invalid, but I don't see why that would be the case, as its not any different from any other line to my knowledge.
I even tried changing the line in question by just adding a random letter or two, and that fixes that one, but then it says another seemingly random line is invalid.

Is there a way to fix this? In your Pokecommunity thread you said you were no longer supporting this, but its such a great program and everything else works so well with it I'd love to figure this out so I can use it for my project.
Thanks!

Hey there,
I posted a similar question in the Pokecommunity thread on this great program, but figured I'd try here just in case you are checking one but not the other.

I'm having a problem with the trainer editor portion. The editor is returning an error that says a specific line is invalid, but I don't see why that would be the case, as its not any different from any other line to my knowledge.
I even tried changing the line in question by just adding a random letter or two, and that fixes that one, but then it says another seemingly random line is invalid.

Is there a way to fix this? In your Pokecommunity thread you said you were no longer supporting this, but its such a great program and everything else works so well with it I'd love to figure this out so I can use it for my project.
Thanks!

Your issue is probably something in your PBS as I don't think anyone else has had an issue with trainer editor in particular before. Could you post the exact error message you're getting and attach your PBS file so I can take a look at it?

blackhammer99

Rookie
Your issue is probably something in your PBS as I don't think anyone else has had an issue with trainer editor in particular before. Could you post the exact error message you're getting and attach your PBS file so I can take a look at it?
Thanks so much for replying and offering help! I really appreciate this!
Here's what the error says word for word:

Trainer Editor: Something went wrong whilst loading "trainers.txt". This line appears to be invalid:
Asterace

I had a similar error with another older version of the same PBS file. As I mentioned, I just edited the line by adding a random letter or two, and it seemingly just picks another line and says the same thing.

Here is a link to the file though:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KxBPRRKriNx5z_tS91S2fm6jDZRjHhAn/view?usp=sharing

Thanks again for taking a look! Hope there is a solution, because I absolutely love this program so far, and editing trainers would be a main draw for me for sure!
If you need any further information for diagnostics, lemme know!

Thanks so much for replying and offering help! I really appreciate this!
Here's what the error says word for word:

Trainer Editor: Something went wrong whilst loading "trainers.txt". This line appears to be invalid:
Asterace

I had a similar error with another older version of the same PBS file. As I mentioned, I just edited the line by adding a random letter or two, and it seemingly just picks another line and says the same thing.

Here is a link to the file though:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KxBPRRKriNx5z_tS91S2fm6jDZRjHhAn/view?usp=sharing

Thanks again for taking a look! Hope there is a solution, because I absolutely love this program so far, and editing trainers would be a main draw for me for sure!
If you need any further information for diagnostics, lemme know!
I took a look at your PBS file and it does seem correct... I was as wise as to delete the source code of this whole entire project when I was cleaning up my PC like a year ago so I can't confirm why it does this and I can't fix it in the program itself anymore either. All I can say is make 100% sure it's not something in the PBS. Perhaps try removing or adding some trainers and moving them around and renaming, see if the error changes in any way. I also doubt it's the trainer type, but are you sure it exists?

blackhammer99

Rookie
I took a look at your PBS file and it does seem correct... I was as wise as to delete the source code of this whole entire project when I was cleaning up my PC like a year ago so I can't confirm why it does this and I can't fix it in the program itself anymore either. All I can say is make 100% sure it's not something in the PBS. Perhaps try removing or adding some trainers and moving them around and renaming, see if the error changes in any way. I also doubt it's the trainer type, but are you sure it exists?
I see, that's a shame :(
I'll look into ways I can troubleshoot it, but yes the trainer types exist and whenever I move that particular trainer around or edit it, another one just returns the same error. Makes me think I would just be in a never ending loop of adjusting the trainers.
Maybe its just something beyond my control.

I appreciate you attempting to help though! I really appreciate it.

blackhammer99

Rookie

Well I figured it out, after much fiddling. I followed every line it said had an error and soon realized a pattern. It was all lines where the type and name were identical. Should be quite a plenty example of that in the file I provided.
So I just went through every single one of them and changed the name from say
Cain
Cain

to
Cain
Cainx

just to test things and after doing that a gillion times it eventually ended up finally loading the file!
So, what insight could you provide in order to fix this permanently. I suppose its bad form to slack on giving these specific character's a seperate trainer type and name, so I guess I should just edit every trainer type to something more specific?
Or maybe it would be as simple as just changing one to full caps?
CAIN
Cain

Thanks again for leading me to this route, even if it was indirectly.
Very excited to fix this problem and use the tool from here on out.

Well I figured it out, after much fiddling. I followed every line it said had an error and soon realized a pattern. It was all lines where the type and name were identical. Should be quite a plenty example of that in the file I provided.
So I just went through every single one of them and changed the name from say
Cain
Cain

to
Cain
Cainx

just to test things and after doing that a gillion times it eventually ended up finally loading the file!
So, what insight could you provide in order to fix this permanently. I suppose its bad form to slack on giving these specific character's a seperate trainer type and name, so I guess I should just edit every trainer type to something more specific?
Or maybe it would be as simple as just changing one to full caps?
CAIN
Cain

Thanks again for leading me to this route, even if it was indirectly.
Very excited to fix this problem and use the tool from here on out.
Glad you managed to fix it! I would suggest making all trainertypes uppercase as that's what they are by default, and it should also fix your issue. I can't adress this in the program itself unfortunately because I don't have the source code anymore as I mentioned.

blackhammer99

Rookie
Glad you managed to fix it! I would suggest making all trainertypes uppercase as that's what they are by default, and it should also fix your issue. I can't adress this in the program itself unfortunately because I don't have the source code anymore as I mentioned.
Great, I'll do this from now on then. Thanks again for your help with this!

pkthedragon

Narrative Designer and Stats/Distros Gal
jY8GQrD.png

I get this error every time I try to run the program, when I press close it exits and nothing happens and when I press continue the program says looking for updates and runs forever. I turned off my antivirus as well, so I’m not sure what’s happening.

Back