• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Aster Violet

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
Pokémon Rose Pink, Iris Purple and Aster Violet

UPDATE:
RP, IP & AV received a new post-game mission to celebrate the release of the sequels: Pokémon Moss Lime and Coral Lapis!
https://eeveeexpo.com/threads/3906/
In the new post game you will be able to face off against the gym leaders from the sequel games.
Do check out both the new mission and the sequel games. :)
~TJ

Intro:
RP,IP and AV are made with Pokemon Essentials 16 in RPG Maker XP.
They take place in the isolated region of Koris which is based on Iceland.
The main character sets out to challenge the 8 gyms in the region and soon runs into the misguided Team Sulphur.

Features:
*Synthetic evolution stones - unlimited uses
*Return stone - de-evolve any Pokémon
*Meet an evil organisation - Team Sulphur
*Battle 8 gyms, elite four, and champion
*12 towns and cities; and many other areas
*A selection of Pokémon from all generations
*Mystery Gift
*New Eeveelutions (no other fakemon)
*Post game content - Battle tower, university, etc.
*Version exclusive Pokémon
*Aster Violet has a bit more content

Screenshots:
vio12.png

vio13.png

vio05.png

vio08.png

vio01.png

vio07.png

vio02.png

Gameplay:

Completed. However feedback is needed to test level balance throughout the games.
In case others want to tweak the game; the .rxproj file is included in the download.

Downloads: (last updated 1. sep. 2021 - v.1.59)
Rose Pink v1.59
Iris Purple v1.59
Aster Violet v1.59

Helpful documentation:

Changelog:
v. 1.59
New Mystery Gift

v. 1.57
Fixes bugs from version 1.55.

v. 1.55
New Post-Game event on Windy Islands.
New Pokémon added to Route 519 and Windy Islands.
Some minor updates.
TURBO BUTTON "F" added

v. 1.5
Game save corruption bug FIXED. (Finally! ^^'')
Screen resizing re-enabled.

v. 1.42
Rocksmash easier attainable. (AV)
Boundry fixes. (AV)
Dialouge fixes. (AV)

v. 1.4
Move Relearner added to Smoke City (AV)
Eeveelution base stats and movesets altered. (Use returnstone in old version before evolving eevee again in current version)

v. 1.39
Several sprite issues fixed.
Optional Auto level scaling added. Talk to fighter in Pokemon Centers. (also for RP and IP now)

v. 1.37
Strength puzzle fixed.

v. 1.36
Optional Auto level scaling added. (AV) Talk to fighter in Pokemon Centers.

v. 1.35
Balance issue fixed.
Minor dialougue fixes.

v. 1.33
Fixed Waterfall passibility.
Reduced particle effects in Volcano Cave. (AV)
TM57 replaced with TM24 in Power Plant.
Berries on Route 516 fixed.
Getting stuck in "Yanma Lake grass" fixed.
"Captain stuck in loop" fixed. (AV)
Eevee trainers level fixed. (still difficult) (AV)

v. 1.31
Sulphur Grunt at Flower Gardens fixed.

v. 1.3
Koris Pokédex added.
Resizing disabled to avoid save corruption.
Daycare error fixed.
Bunch more Post-game content. (in Smoke City)
Various sprite fixes.
De-evolutions fixed.

v. 1.27
Flying bug fixed.
Paralyze Heal missing from marts Fixed.
Passibility issues fixed.
Route 503 redesigned. (AV)
Weather altered. (AV)
Improved gym leaders.
Missing HM03 fixed.
Rocksmash attainable on Victory Road.

v. 1.25
Fletchinder evolution fixed.
Trainer blocking the way in Volcano Cave moved.
Trainers levels altered.

v. 1.2
Map connection issue solved.
Minor edits and bug fixes.

Known issues:
*A Pokémon without nickname, which de-evolves, will retain the name of its evolution. It is recommended to give Eevee a nickname. Or go to the name-rater to change it.
*Changing the resolution will result in a corrupt save file and will prevent the game from reopening until save file (in user/[user name]/saved games) is deleted! Properly Fixed in v.1.5
*Receiving an egg from daycare crashes the game. Cause is still unknown. Fixed in v.1.3
*Music cuts out very rarely.
*Game does not remember window size setting between sessions.

Credits as they appear in game:
POKÉMON ROSE PINK / IRIS PURPLE / ASTER VIOLET
by Takako Jin

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy MiDas Mike
Brother1440 Near Fantastica
FL. PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami Popper
Harshboy Rataime
help-14 SoundSpawn
IceGod64 the__end
Jacob O. Wobbrock Venom12
KitsuneKouta Wachunga
Lisa Anthony xLeD
and everyone else who helped out

Additional Resources by:
Mej 71 Amethyst
Jan Zumi
Bazaro Koyo
Smeargletail Alex
Noscium Lepagon
N-kin Fishbowlsou l90
Princess-Phoenix Dat Lopunny Tho
Conyjams Kaji Atsu
The Cynical Poet Luigi Player
Falgaia of the Smogon S/M Sprite Project
Pikafan 2000 Lord-Myre
Zeak 6464 Tapu Fini
Sparta Lazor Leparagon
Bulbapedia Serebii
M3rein Black Out G5
Rune Rigbycwts
Rot8er-ConeX James Davy
Luka S.J. Naruttebayo
Layell Pom
Takako Jin

Gen 6/7 sprites from Smogon's Sprite Project
New Eeveelutions by Naruttebayo 67

"RPG Maker XP" by:
ENTERBRAIN

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

[EDIT:] Special Thanks to @Thundaga for his amazing tutorials! :)

Last edited:

Spectra1799

Novice
Thanks so much. :) I'm really glad you enjoyed it so much.
The feel of a "standard Pokémon game" is exactly what I was going for.

A hint on the legendaries? They are in the four corners of the region. One in North-West, one in North-East, South-East and in South-West. The final one is in the centre. They are in caves or certain buildings. Most only appear in post-game.

There are also a few post game missions in Smoke City. I think you'd like the Team Sulphur one. ^_^

Move deleter and relearner are both in a building in Smoke City close to the mart.

I hope you'll check out the sequels I'm working on. They should come out sometime 2019. :)
Anyway, enjoy the rest of the game. ;)
~TJ
"The feel of a "standard Pokémon game" is exactly what I was going for" Well in that case you did an amazingly perfect job! and thanks for the hints and tips ill return once I got everything ;)

At this point I've done mostly everything in the game besides the battle frontier type stuff, but ive done the other post game content, legendarys, Post story and such thanks for the tips btw ;) interesting choices for legendarys, post game was a lot harder then I expected, speaking of which you were correct I loved the post game content Team Sulphur was one of the best parts of this entire game, also having to find all 15 Team Rocket members was neet also didn't expect their levels to go that high, also shadow pokemon? that was weird but cool, overall the experience as been great and ill be keeping an eye on your future content ;) have a great day

(on a side note I liked how you can Re challenge the champion again at their home liked that, but sadly cannot find the rivals anywhere in the map was hoping for a post game battle with them as well but as far as I know there isn't, that's fine though their final battle was good enough for me.)

(Also what in the world or where is the "Mystery Gift" I have absolutely no idea how this even works thanks again)

Last edited:

TakakoJin

Eevee Breeder
"The feel of a "standard Pokémon game" is exactly what I was going for" Well in that case you did an amazingly perfect job! and thanks for the hints and tips ill return once I got everything ;)

At this point I've done mostly everything in the game besides the battle frontier type stuff, but ive done the other post game content, legendarys, Post story and such thanks for the tips btw ;) interesting choices for legendarys, post game was a lot harder then I expected, speaking of which you were correct I loved the post game content Team Sulphur was one of the best parts of this entire game, also having to find all 15 Team Rocket members was neet also didn't expect their levels to go that high, also shadow pokemon? that was weird but cool, overall the experience as been great and ill be keeping an eye on your future content ;) have a great day

(on a side note I liked how you can Re challenge the champion again at their home liked that, but sadly cannot find the rivals anywhere in the map was hoping for a post game battle with them as well but as far as I know there isn't, that's fine though their final battle was good enough for me.)

(Also what in the world or where is the "Mystery Gift" I have absolutely no idea how this even works thanks again)

Thanks again ^^

Yeah, the rivals don't appear post-game.
Might add them in a future update sometime.
But for now their last battle is right before you enter Smoke City the first time.

For the mystery gift, first "sign" the form at the mart. Just press A in front of the paper.
Save and leave the game.
Upon restarting, instead of selecting your save file, select Mystery Gift.
Select the gift you want. You can take both.
Go back and continue your save.
Go to the mart again and talk to the guy on the left.
He'll give you the mystery gift.
If you selected more than one mystery gift, just talk to the guy again.

Hope that helps. :)
And a great day to you too. ;)
~TJ

Spectra1799

Novice
Thanks again ^^

Yeah, the rivals don't appear post-game.
Might add them in a future update sometime.
But for now their last battle is right before you enter Smoke City the first time.

For the mystery gift, first "sign" the form at the mart. Just press A in front of the paper.
Save and leave the game.
Upon restarting, instead of selecting your save file, select Mystery Gift.
Select the gift you want. You can take both.
Go back and continue your save.
Go to the mart again and talk to the guy on the left.
He'll give you the mystery gift.
If you selected more than one mystery gift, just talk to the guy again.

Hope that helps. :)
And a great day to you too. ;)
~TJ
Ah Thanks I never noticed that paper before silly me, thanks for your time

CinematicPersona

Rookie
I've sporadically tried to download several more times, and used different extraction tools to see if that might have something to do with it. Sorry to be a pest with this, I just can't work this one out.

TakakoJin

Eevee Breeder
I've sporadically tried to download several more times, and used different extraction tools to see if that might have something to do with it. Sorry to be a pest with this, I just can't work this one out.

I have no problem downloading and extracting with WinRAR.
Do you have very slow or unsteady internet? How long does downloading take for you?
If the download gets interrupted, it will likely corrupt.

You can try this temporary alternate download.
See if that works. If not, give me more information. Like what OS you are running and such.
~TJ

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
I tried the original download and 7zip worked fine for me.

@TakakoJin is there any advantage of using rar (or anything else) over zip? People have issues opening rar semi-frequently and zip is pretty much universal.

TakakoJin

Eevee Breeder
@TakakoJin is there any advantage of using rar (or anything else) over zip? People have issues opening rar semi-frequently and zip is pretty much universal.

Good question.
When compressing Aster Violet I get a 211MB rar file but a 471MB zip file. That's a huge difference.
Therefore, unless it's absolutely necessary, I prefer not to use Zip.

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
Not a fan of using this argument, but it's now 2018 and 500 mb isn't that much. Almost all modern hard drives can store a thousand times that or more, Google Drive gives you 30x enough storage space for free, and even if you live off in the mountains with a spotty connection it would only take 20-30 minutes to download. (AAA games are regularly 40x bigger, usually more.)

I dunno, if I had to choose between extra 250 mb and random users not being able to extract it, I'd pick the 250 mb.

TakakoJin

Eevee Breeder
I dunno, if I had to choose between extra 250 mb and random users not being able to extract it, I'd pick the 250 mb.

That's a fair point.
I do have several reasons for keeping the file size down though.
Well, I'll think about it. Maybe I'll use zip for the next update.

CinematicPersona

Rookie
The temporary download didn't work for me either. I'm on Windows 10 and have used 7zip and RAR Opener. It's not a huge deal, really. I'll look forward to the next update and hope that works, whether it's a zip or a rar.

Mitchell Productions

Rookie
Even though this is your first game, I saw some problems right from the beginning:
- Player characters being recolors of the ones from FRLG (just like in Zeta and Omicron)
- Probably no original graphics
- Soundtrack of nothing but default Essentials/RMXP tracks (I recommend turning to various royalty-free music websites that can also be game-oriented)

I'm just trying to be constructive.

Dabadee

Rookie
A good game that needs some refining to really shine like it deserves.
I found the ideas of Sulphur and the stones entertaining enough and you do get some of the "standard pkmn game" feel, try to go and personalize the player character with your own sprite and in your next game!
I liked the region being real-world inspired but I'd suggest searching advice from some map building experts, at times it looked a bit dishomogeneous for lack of a better word
Thank you for letting us play!

DaineTheWildMage

Rookie
For some reason, even though I set the screen size to large, when I open the game up it always opens up as a large screen and then reverts back to a medium sized screen. I have other games on the same emulator and it doesn't do that, so I'm wondering if it's a problem with the game or something else entirely.

TakakoJin

Eevee Breeder
Thanks everyone for the constructive criticism.
Sorry that I haven't been here in a while.
Real life caught up to me. 😅

For some reason, even though I set the screen size to large, when I open the game up it always opens up as a large screen and then reverts back to a medium sized screen. I have other games on the same emulator and it doesn't do that, so I'm wondering if it's a problem with the game or something else entirely.

What emulator are you using?
Wine or JoiPlay? Or are you playing on Windows?

Does the same issue happen with other screen sizes too or just with large?
~TJ

DaineTheWildMage

Rookie
Thanks everyone for the constructive criticism.
Sorry that I haven't been here in a while.
Real life caught up to me. 😅

What emulator are you using?
Wine or JoiPlay? Or are you playing on Windows?

Does the same issue happen with other screen sizes too or just with large?
~TJ
I don't know what emulator I'm using. It's just the basic one that comes with the various games I've installed, and I'm playing on Windows. And it's the other screen sizes as well, not just large.

TakakoJin

Eevee Breeder
I don't know what emulator I'm using. It's just the basic one that comes with the various games I've installed, and I'm playing on Windows. And it's the other screen sizes as well, not just large.

You're right. I hadn't noticed it before.
Some script must be broken somewhere.
If I find it, I'll fix it. (and if I got time)
Until then the only option is to change the setting each time you load the game up.
Sorry about that.

Back