• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
HM Items

Resource HM Items v1.0

Marin submitted a new resource:

HM Items - Replace HMs with Items without having to do any coding. Plug-and-play.

This resource can be installed via the Universal Plugin Installer.

If you're getting tired of using HMs, this resource allows you to bind HM effects to items instead.

This currently has functionality for the following HMs:
  • Rock Smash
  • Cut
  • Surf
  • Fly
  • Strength

Installation
First off, define the items in your items.txt PBS. They should have this...

Read more about this resource...

BIGFriv

Mr. Bigglesworth
I've got a question, can HM moves still be used?
If I want to have both HM items and normal HM moves.

I've got a question, can HM moves still be used?
If I want to have both HM items and normal HM moves.

It depends on the HM. Cut, Strength, Fly and Rock Smash would probably still work if you made a small modification (see below), but Surf most likely can't be. It overrides certain mechanics and messages to work with items instead.

These types of lines are what disable HMs:
Code:
HiddenMoveHandler::CanUseMove.delete(:CUT)
HiddenMoveHandler::UseMove.delete(:CUT)
If you deleted these lines, the HM would become usable again. There's no telling if it'll actually work or not, though. I didn't make this resource with the intention of keeping HMs functional (since that's kind of not the point :P)

Anuran

Novice
I asked u how to change flash into an item flashlight and u made it for all and public thanks man, u r the best.

Atlas22b

Rookie
Works great! Only problem is that the Fly Item doesn't seem to work when registered. I press 'F', select my Fly Item, and press 'C', and nothing happens. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks! =D

Kartik

Disappointment
Why does it works even if the protagonist doesnt have the item yet?Did I do something wrong?

pkthedragon

Narrative Designer and Stats/Distros Gal
Why does it works even if the protagonist doesnt have the item yet?Did I do something wrong?
It'll work in debug mode regardless of whether you have the item, much like how hms will work in debug mode whether the player has a pokemon that can use it or not.

Sturdy Ghost

Rookie
I am having issues with it, I can get the script to basically work as when I go up to a rock it will say I can break it with an item rather than a pokemon so its copied over and going. I also am defining the item as described and give myself said item but after I have said item it just keeps giving me the prompt of I may be able to break it with an item even though I already have it.

DjayDamageLord

Rookie
My Fly HM isn't working. I pull up the map and click on my fly destination but then nothing happens. I tried removing the script and using the HM for fly but that didn't even work.

Soulex31

Rookie
Hi i use flyitem but have this problem:

Exception: NameError
HM by Marin:150
HM by Marin:149:in `pbFadeOutIn'
HM by Marin:149
HM by Marin:144:in `call'
Event:150:in `trigger'
PItem_Items:224:in `triggerUseFromBag'
PItem_Items:711:in `pbUseItem'
PScreen_Bag:572:in `pbStartScreen'