• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Pokémon Arkhe

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
Project Status
Work in Progress
pokemon_arkhe___logo_by_bentoxx-dbetl60.png

Progress

Outdoor mapping :
████████████████████100%
Tiesets : 90%

Towns : 100%
Roads : 100%
Caves : 100%
---------------------
Indoor mapping :
████████████████████ 50%
Tiesets : 90%

Interior of houses : 90%
Special place : 5%
Donjons : 20%
---------------------
Fakemon :
████████████████████ 65%
Starters : 90%
Legendary: 100%
Other: 0%
---------------------
UI Design :
███████████████████ 15%
Menu pokemon : 80%
Pokédex : 0%
Bag : 0%
Option : 0%
Other : 0%
---------------------
Scripting writing :
████████████████████ 80%
Synopsis : 95%
Scénario : 70%
---------------------
Event making :
████████████████████ 20%
Intro : 80%
Main quests : 0%
Secondary quests : 0%
PNJ : 0%
---------------------
Characters (OW + Sprites) :
████████████████████65%
Main characters: 65%
Trainers (which special) : 80%
Other: 50%
---------------------
OST :
███████████████████ 5%

-------------------------------------------------
Link

Click for join us
Introduction

Okay, just before introducing my project, I would like to say a few words about myself, I'm Bentoxx, from France, and I'm really sorry for my english, If anybody want help me for have a better presentation, he is WELCOME !

Pokémon Arkhe has been started since 2016 in july, I use a French starter kit (PSDK).

The story

The story takes place before Pokémon Red/Blue and before the first movie of the animated series.

Cross the Region to find the arena champions, fight the Pokémon League and become the Pokémon Master that every trainer dreams of being!
This Fangame takes you to the VAROS region located in the eastern part of the KANTO continent.
Cradle of the origins of Pokémon, you will be immersed in a region full of mysteries and enigmas that most of the world's researchers and teachers are trying to solve. However, they are not the only ones, a malevolent group takes advantage of the many scientists present to conduct their experiments...

worldmap_pkmn_arkhe_by_bentoxx-dbly632.png

Worldmap

bVzetgK.png
VFuYvPL.png

Rivals
Others peoples from others regions will come to join the adventure.
You will quickly discover that you are not the only person to help Professor KAPA in his researchs ....
GXsg7o2.png

Screenshots
raYKBNZ.png

9waswyO.png
v5rEZ0p.png

h5ww6MJ.png
VDBv6oZ.png

5d1FXiQ.gif

kuq1bEm.png
ePa7g3D.png

HIocgMZ.png

(thank to not use tiles)

What change ?

End of HM, only Pokemon capacity or tools
VS Seek updated
Gym's battle, will be not an obligation for progress in the story !
Secondary Quest system
All building are news
News Interface
Arround 400 Pokémon and somes Fakemon (starters, the legendary and more ...)
Seriouse story and difficulty is more high

The last word
If you have all read thank you very much !

You want join the project ? Let's go :

Actually we looking for :

Artworker for chara design
Musician

But everybody is welcome!

Discord : https://discordapp.com/invite/2bRHF9kfxP
Deviantart : https://bentoxx.deviantart.com/
Or by private message.​

The Team :

Bentoxx : Project Leader / Sprites / Interfaces / Tiles / Story
Dimaropi : OST
SDrawM : OST

Crédit
----- Tilesets -----
Bentoxx
phoenix316
DarkChronic
Penzo94
Hoeloe
LaPampa
KyogreMaster
afo2006
necrolichmon
Dan-Rowbell
Cerulebell
Kyle-Dove
Wesley-FG
PSVX Team
Kuroda-Taiki
Neffertity
SailorVicious
----- Tiles Snow -----
Bentoxx
Ray-One
----- Character/Sprite -----
Bentoxx
MickelPickelYT
Andresparcero
XDinky
PurpleZaffre
Dewdneym
----- Fakemon-----
Bentoxx
Charenel : Character design for starters
----- Interface-----
Bentoxx

------ community ------
http://rmland.free.fr/
https://pokemonworkshop.com/forum/index.php[/SPOILER

PSDK (starer Kit)
Enterbrain
Moteur de base de Pokémon SDK, RGSS 1
Game Freak, CREATURES INC. et The Pokémon Company
Univers Pokémon et produits associés
Microsoft
Visual Studio 2012
Nuri Yuri
Directeur de projet de Pokémon SDK
Programmation du FollowMe
Programmation du moteur de la Base de Données
Programmation du système de combats
Programmation des Capacités des Pokémon
Programmation des modules complémentaires de Pokémon SDK
Préparation de la rédaction de la documentation du Wiki de Pokémon SDK
Aerun
Directeur de projet de Forêt Éternelle
Réalisation des esquisses des Interfaces de l'éditeur de la Base de Données
Intégration des movepools des Pokémon
Corrections des données de la Base de Données
Corrections et assemblages de ressources
Corrections et rédaction de la documentation du Wiki de Pokémon SDK
Angi-MK, Aethnight & la communauté de Gemme
Création de ressources diverses
Pαlвσlѕку, Qwerty, Tokeur, Azmog, Schneitizel, Mauduss, Joeyw, Dakurei
Participation à l'élaboration de la Base de Données
Fafa, Jarakaa, Shamoke, BigOrN0t, Bouzouw, Diaband.onceron, Kiros97, Likton, MrSuperluigis, oldu49, SMB64, sylvaintr, UltimaShayra & Unbreakables
Bêta-test de Pokémon SDK au travers de Pokémon Gemme (4G)
SirMalo
Ressources graphiques originales de PSDK
Solfay
Diverses interfaces de PSDK
Jayzon
Réalisation de l'animation d'entrée en combat des dresseurs
Don
Corrections de ressources graphiques
Cayrac
Diegotoon20, Domino99designs, Falgaia, GeoisEvil, Juan-Amador, N-Kin, Noscium, SirAquaKip , Smogon XY Sprite Project, Zermonious & Zerudez
Réalisation des sprites des Pokémon de la sixième génération
MissingLukey, help-14, Kymotonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17, princess-phoenix & LunarDusk6
Réalisation des overworlds des Pokémon
19dante91, 27alexmad27, Alistair, Alucus, Bakura155, Bati', Blue Beedrill, BoOmxBiG, Chimcharsfireworkd, CNickC/CNC, CrimsonTakai, Cuddlesthefatcat, Darkange, Dewitty, EpicDay, Fused, Gigatom, Heavy-Metal-Lover, Hek-el-grande, Kage-No-Sensei, Kizemaru_Kurunosuke, Kyle-dove, LaPampa, LotusKing, New-titeuf, Novus, Nuri Yuri, Pokemon_Diamond, Paranoid, PrinceLegendario, Reck, Red-Gyrados, REMY35, Saurav, SL249, Spaceemotion, Speedialga, Stefpoke, sylver1984, ThatsSoWitty, TheEnglishKiwi, Thegreatblaid, ThePokemonChronicles, TwentyOne, UltimoSpriter, Warpras, WesleyFG, Yoh
Réalisation des tilesets
Krosk
Fondateur et développeur de Pokémon Script Project (projet abandonné qui a inspiré Pokémon SDK).
Smogon (X-Act, Peterko & Kaphotics), Bulbapédia, Poképédia, Serebii
Diverses formules et extraction des textes de Pokémon.

Last edited:

bjfinest34

Creator of Pokémon Stratus Dreams
This game has a lot of potential! I really like how you use a GBA styled tileset, and still managed to make your game stand out. Can't wait to see how it looks when it's released.

The maps for this project are very interesting to me, and on the whole I think it's a very unique take on using gen 3 tiles! I absolutely love the first screenshot you've shown off, I feel as though you've created a really unique atmosphere for the location that I haven't really seen before. I also feel like even though you're using Magiscarf's tiles, you've integrated them really well and they definitely fit well with he gen 3 aesthetic. I'm a big fan of the other custom tiles you've added too, from what I can see they all look like they match the rest of the tileset and none feel out of place. However - and this is really just a personal thing - I'm not a big fan of how you've generally mapped things. I know a lot of people like the more organic, random tree placement, but personally I think the gen 3 style lends itself more to rigid mapping with more straight, clean lines. While it's more of an aesthetic thing, I also think the organic style can make maps harder to play through, and this looks like it might be a bigger problem in the swamp map you've shown. Overall however, this project certainly looks promising and I'd be interested to see more!

MadDeodorant

Insert internet reference here
So, I'm really intrigued by this project and I'll tackle it step by step:

TITLE and STORY:
Just the title of the game, Arkhe, meaning "origin" in Greek is very interesting. There are many possibilities to explore with such a title. However, the story's synopsis is still very vague and doesn't really tie into the title. It's not it's bad, it's alright. I just believe that you can bring a lot more to the table with the premise that you invoke with the title. Mayb the full story does correspond, but the synopsis you present doesn't really hint at that and these days Pokémon should strive for less predictable and generic stories. Just a piece of advice and good luck!

VISUALS:
They look very nice. The way you use a custom 3rd Gen tileset is really cool, though I have to agree with @Dawn Bronze. Gen 3 tiles lend themselves better in less organic maps. Overall the maps are pleasing to the ways and complex enough without being confusing. I can't wait to see more of them (I'm still struggling to see some of the screenshots you've hidden in that very quick GIF). The main complain I have about the maps is diversity of colour. They look very monochromatic. Yes, there are some environments like the desert or the marsh that are naturally monochromatic, but I feel like you can try and making them more colourful. Here's an example of a desert city from the game Runescape, Al-Kharid, that shows how you can bring colour to a possible bland area:

AL-KHARID

FAKÉMON AND MUSIC:
You haven't shown anything in both these departments so far, so I can't really judge. I can just say the Fakémon should be the priority indeed, music can come later. Also, don't rush the fakémon for a release date. Get them ready and raring to go well before you even think of realeasing. Take your time and it'll be worth it.

Overall, I'm looking forward to this project and hope that you continue the level of quality and even improve on it. Good luck!

Bentoxx

Rookie
Thank guys for your comment !

@Dawn Bronze : can you specify for this, just for make me better :

and this is really just a personal thing - I'm not a big fan of how you've generally mapped things. I know a lot of people like the more organic, random tree placement

More custom tiles in the futur, I want all the structure are new, and every city are differents with a good and unique atmoshpere, Thank you for noticing this !

@MadDeodorant : Very constructive answer, thank you !
- For the marsh I try to stay in the GBA color, but it's a new environments for 3G style, I make it better, what you advise me about that ?
- For the desert I want make something like that :

don__t_fret__for_now_is_not_the_time_for_grieving__by_callmegav-d5qkkp7.png

(From pokemon phoenix rising)
secret_santa_present__1___garchomp_in_the_desert__by_phyromatical-d8dnn3r.png

(From Phyromatical)
OR
92ab4a931ad47ff1230e8e0abb16357a.png

But more fantasy you know ? redo my desert is in my projects.

The Storie
I'm French and I have some difficulty for explain all I imagine in english x) The synopsis is vague, yes, I do it, because I don't want it to be too predictable, I understand what you say and I try make better synopsis for explain the story.
Spoiler : I want explain the origin of the first pokemon movie, the Golems's legends and evolve rocks, all these things are explained and linked together in story. I don't say more 😶.

Thank again for you comment, it's motivating for making better !

Last edited:

skurleton

Pokemon Serenity Developer
Your maps are so vibrant and gorgeous! I'm looking forward to a release of this title.

West

The Comeback Kid
The first game ever anywhere to feature a 20 year old teenager

Bentoxx

Rookie
Thank you for your comments, that encourages me to continue harder !

---------------------------------------

Today I want post a news about the project, I have redo the desert, because the town was monochrome, and I wish better graphique level :

vGuFHtr.png

(Do not hesitate to give your opinion and remark it is important for me)
---------------------------------------
What has been done recently:

• Desert and city mapping (Sheva)
  • Functioning of arenas that do not take part in history
  • All starters are designed in concept art (coloured draft)
  • Rivals description

Here are the next advances:

• Make sprites of rivals (Lucas and Ellana)
  • Finish the sprites of the starters
  • Start interface design

for those who will be interested I always recruit graphic designers notably for :

• Make the Artwork of the 3 Starters to add them to the presentation
  • Pixel artists to mainly make sprites of Fakemon and trainers (I also make some but several we go faster)

Last edited:

Phi-Bi

Novice
I really love the quality of your map. My favorite is the way to map the path/ground, love all the details you put into it. It makes the area feels beautifully natural. Also I'm not sure if this is tile error or intended..

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
The screenshots look absolutely fantastic, and if I had the time outside of my own game I'd totally offer to draw your starters.

Just a tiny nitpick though...

"You are a teenager of 20years old (Yeah, not a BOY of 13 years)"

You stop being a teenager the moment you turn 20. :P

Bentoxx

Rookie
@Phi-Bi : Yes I see but it’s a « event » for have all the flower, in-game you haven’t this error ;-)

@Keileon : « Youngster » will be better ? I’m trying to improve my English :) I change it.
I’ll be very happy if you draw the starters, come in private message or on the Discord if you want speak about that =D

MadDeodorant

Insert internet reference here
@Phi-Bi : Yes I see but it’s a « event » for have all the flower, in-game you haven’t this error ;-)

@Keileon : « Youngster » will be better ? I’m trying to improve my English :) I change it.
I’ll be very happy if you draw the starters, come in private message or on the Discord if you want speak about that =D
It's more of a young adult. Youngster are usually referred to pre-teens.

Bentoxx

Rookie
Hey everyone !

As usual a little news to show the progress and make a point:

1 - I recently redid the biggest city on the map to make it more urban :

No there is no graphic bug on this image
qnK3BMz.png

(Some small additions are still to be made like graffiti or small billboards)

2 - I also started the interfaces, here is a small overview :

raYKBNZ.png

Feel free to give your opinions (and criticism), they are not implanted, the elements displayed are just an example.

Interface on which I will be able to concentrate more because the team is now composed of 2 pixel artists, one for the sprites of the trainers, another for the starters, 2 graphic designers to make the Artworks as well as 2 musicians.

--------------------------------------------
The little recruitment :

Currently I need Spriters for new Fakemon, pixelartists and musicians
If you are interested in getting involved in a project in a serious way, of course, I will be happy to tell you more
Contact in MP or onDiscord->HERE
--------------------------------------------

3- The continuation of future progress:

• Continue interfaces including main menu, bag, Pokédex and option menu
  • Complete and finish tilesets from the inside to start mapping them
  • Animate the autotiles of the ponds (for always more realism and atmosphere)
  • See some cities that need a little facelift
  • Review the presentation and the synopsis which are too vague on its content

discord-icon.png
For joins us

Last edited:

Bentoxx

Rookie
Hey! For the about my project, we keep working this year 😁

Actually I Finish interior mapping of the houses of the first 4 cities :

unknown.png
unknown.png

(An example)