• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Lost Kingdom

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Not too many people can leave a big mark on the world.
But you might have the chance to.
Discover the world of ancient people and Pokémon!

Introduction: Some of you guys and gals on Relic might know me, but for those of you who don't, I'm Presley. I'm just a guy who likes Pokémon, really. I also like making games, though it's not really something I want to follow up when I'm older. It's more of a hobby, I guess.

This project is a little side project to Hyperion, since that game has a lot of ambition behind it. I just want to practice more of my game developing skills through this project.

Story:
You're a young, talented archaeologist looking to get your name put in the history books. Your current expedition leads you to a civilization that was lost in time for centuries. This civilization is still flourishing beneath the earth. The people of this kingdom say that you're part of a prophesy involving an ancient terror that awakens every thousand years.
Features:
  • Corny dialogue
  • Different take on the Pokémon game formula
  • Gen 1-7 Pokémon
  • Side quests (not in demo)
  • Nothing really
Screenshots:
Ita6m0f.png

rz2rxmQ.png

JjvF1Ut.png

iEhzy0F.png

B86aEvh.png

u7gSsnR.png

Screenshots are subject to change. Sprites and Pokémon are temporary.

Download:

Recruiting:
This isn't really a big project, so I'm not looking for an actual team for it. I only need some things sprited, so if you would like to contribute in that way, please contact me on Discord: Presley #6921

Last edited:

Phi-Bi

Novice
Hey, you manage to work on this idea among all your ideas at Fan Game Prompts. Honestly, this idea of yours is my favorite so glad you choose this one to be worked on ^^ Anyway, gonna play the demo soon~

Presley

Fastest Man Alive
Hey, you manage to work on this idea among all your ideas at Fan Game Prompts. Honestly, this idea of yours is my favorite so glad you choose this one to be worked on ^^ Anyway, gonna play the demo soon~
Glad you like the choice! Whenever you play it, please leave some feedback as well!

GAME HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V1.1! DOWNLOAD HERE OR IN ORIGINAL THREAD
- in the part of Ridge Route with the river, Seedot can no longer be found, as it has been replaced by Poliwag to allow for some water type Pokémon.
- changed Marble Caverns encounters to include more water type Pokémon to better fit the area that it's in.
- added an event to get the EXP Share in Hartford City

Last edited:

Presley

Fastest Man Alive
Whoops, forgot to fix the missing graphics issue. Don't think really anyone has tried playing it yet though, as there haven't been complaints. Download links have been updated.

JackQ

Pokemon M
Since you were kind enough to review my game I thought I'd return the favour and give this one a playthrough : )

I like how the game throws you straight into the action. You're immediately battling trainers and don't have to sit through any lengthy introductions. Rockruff is a pretty cool starter and I didn't particularly mind not being given other options.

I thought the design for Runeport City was really cool. The cliffs on the outer edges overlooking the ocean were great! The interiors of the houses all looked good too and the NPC dialogue was very, very funny!

I would suggest giving the player access to paralyze heals from the Poke Mart in Runeport from the very beginning. I noticed that my Pokemon seemed to get paralyzed quite a lot early on.

It was nice to have the option of catching Magnamite and Pikachu early on in the lighthouse. I also caught a Stantler and a Taillow in the Desolate Forest which worked out well for me. All in all I was reasonably happy with the variety of Pokemon you were able to catch in the areas I've seen so far. Some of the trainer battles are quite challenging, but I never felt like I had to do a ridiculous amount of grinding to keep up with them. All in all it seems like you've found a pretty good balance so far.

I'm currently at Ridge Route. I've beaten all the trainers and found the broken bridge. I'm unsure where to go next or if this is as far as the demo goes. Whatever the case, I've enjoyed what I've played of this game so far and look forward to further updates. Nice work!

Presley

Fastest Man Alive
Since you were kind enough to review my game I thought I'd return the favour and give this one a playthrough : )

I like how the game throws you straight into the action. You're immediately battling trainers and don't have to sit through any lengthy introductions. Rockruff is a pretty cool starter and I didn't particularly mind not being given other options.

I thought the design for Runeport City was really cool. The cliffs on the outer edges overlooking the ocean were great! The interiors of the houses all looked good too and the NPC dialogue was very, very funny!

I would suggest giving the player access to paralyze heals from the Poke Mart in Runeport from the very beginning. I noticed that my Pokemon seemed to get paralyzed quite a lot early on.

It was nice to have the option of catching Magnamite and Pikachu early on in the lighthouse. I also caught a Stantler and a Taillow in the Desolate Forest which worked out well for me. All in all I was reasonably happy with the variety of Pokemon you were able to catch in the areas I've seen so far. Some of the trainer battles are quite challenging, but I never felt like I had to do a ridiculous amount of grinding to keep up with them. All in all it seems like you've found a pretty good balance so far.

I'm currently at Ridge Route. I've beaten all the trainers and found the broken bridge. I'm unsure where to go next or if this is as far as the demo goes. Whatever the case, I've enjoyed what I've played of this game so far and look forward to further updates. Nice work!
Thanks for the feedback, it means a lot! I’ll definitely go into including the paralyze heals. Also, from Ridge Route, you should be able to go south into a town.

Back