• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon M

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
ETA Next Version
Jul 1, 2021
u6GSirm.png

~ Download Link
v 7.0 (updated 29/04/2021)

* In its present state, Pokemon M has 6 to 7 hours of solid gameplay and is roughly 70% completed. All future updates will be compatible with old save files.

~ Plot ~
Three years ago, several children were abducted from across the Sarapo region and forcibly inducted into Project M: A mind control program masterminded by a cadre of scientists from their laboratory on Jerboa Island.

Under the watchful eye of Professor Ebony, the kidnapped children were subjected to intensive hypnotheropy and other experimental treatments. The end result: Fanatically loyal test subjects, physically and mentally conditioned to be elite Pokemon trainers and agents of the lab.

You are one of these test subjects. You have no memory of who you are or where you came from. The world outside the lab remains a mystery to you. Your identiy, and your free will, are no longer your own.

Little do you know, you are about to begin an extraordinary adventure...

~ Features ~
EXPLORE THE SARAPO REGION
Your adventure will take you to a wide variety of exotic locations, such as the burning wasteland of the Charred Canyon, the Scyther-infested wilderness of the Jade Forest and the sprawling metropolis of Skylight City.

UNIQUE, CHARACTER-DRIVEN POKEMON ADVENTURE
Pokemon M aims to deliver a rich, immersive and character-driven story, even if it means deviating from the tried and true formula of the original games. You will encounter numerous allies, adversaries and rivals on your journey, all of whom have their own part to play in the wider story.

PREQUEL TO THE ORIGINAL GAMES
Pokemon M is set ten years before the events of the original games. It will explore the origin stories of a wide variety of familiar characters such as Oak, Giovanni, Blaine and Sabrina.

GENETICALLY ALTERED POKEMON
The diabolical scientists on Jerboa Island have done a number of twisted experiments on certain Pokemon in the region, radically altering their typings and movesets. You will encounter several of these 'Fakemon' throughout your adventure and will even have opportunities to use them for yourself.

~ Credits ~
POKEMON M (V.1.0)
Created by JackQ
This is fan-made Pokemon game created using Pokemon Essentials and RPG Maker. Pokemon is owned by Nintendo and Game Freak.

: : CREDITS : :
RPG MAKER
Enterbrain

POKEMON ESSENTIALS
Maruno
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)

GRAPHICS & SPRITES
  • Trainer Sprites created by Mashirosakura
  • Pokemon Overworld Sprites ripped by Dragoon from The Spriter's Resource

MUSIC
Caves - Cave by Ikuko Mimori
Charred Canyon - Lethal Lava Land by Koji Kondo
Ebony's Theme - Sector X by Koji Kondo
Freecloud City - Dire, Dire Docks by Koji Kondo
High Noon Ranch - Streets of Laredo by Chris Hampton
Jade Forest - Banshee Boardwalk by Kenta Nagata
Jerboa Island - Young Photographer by Ikuko Mimori
Jerboa Labs - Aria Da Capo by Johann Sevastian Bach
Mew's Theme - Rainbow Cloud by Ikuko Mimori
New Dawn City - Side-Crawler's Dance by Senjan
Route Music A -The Hut By the River by Ikuko Mimori
Route Music B - Pokemon Signs by Ikuko Mimori
Skylight City - Sherbet Land by Kenta Kondo
Nightstorm City - Highway by Kenta Kondo
Twilight Town - Dark Hollow by Stewart Copeland
Battle Music A - Battle Theme by Gardz
Battle Music B - Master Hand by Hirokazu Ando
Nightstorm City - Highway by Kenta Nagata
Malachi's Estate - Gina & Elvira's Theme by Alpha Chrome Yayo
Cinnabar Island - Cinnabar Island Remix (HGSS) by Eclairattack
Lab Showdown - Pokemon Mansion Remix by Python Blue
S.S Anne - S.S Anne Remix by Luigigigas

Special thanks to Thundaga for his series of Pokemon Essentials tutorial videos on Youtube.

~ Screenshots ~
IYWG1HV.png
onGritw.png
DFSXm8r.png

AVLTfs3.png
y0AFLle.png
ZoCDZeI.png

H8Q4vIy.png
ONimBUh.png
tbSNea7.png

Fj27Mfl.png
aMzEvRl.png
p6h7Yil.png
vptg3Ps.png
eYKkY4N.png
PJ9kuVX.png
bRfmrJD.png
Fp5D8dg.png
ssvlqtE.png

Last edited:

mikethemaster2012

Trainer
Hey man I like the game still on the first half just beat the 1st gym and I am on my 2nd mission and I want to know if I can save Alice or not and hope we(player) can break out of the mind control because being a bad guy and being brain watch puts a bad taste in my mouth.

JackQ

Pokemon M
Thanks Midori. I appreciate your continued interest in the project. Rest assured I haven't forgotten about it. I've been slowly working towards a new release and expect to have an update very soon!

Midori

Novice
Thanks Midori. I appreciate your continued interest in the project. Rest assured I haven't forgotten about it. I've been slowly working towards a new release and expect to have an update very soon!

Thanks for the reply~ Happily awaiting!

JackQ

Pokemon M
At long last a new update! Many apologies for the long delay. Rest assured that I'm still working on the project and have every intention of seeing it through.

For those of you who have played previous versions of the game, be advised that I can't guarantee the functionality of old save files. It may be necessary to start a new game to ensure everything works properly. Sorry if this causes anyone any inconvenience. Going forward, I will be mindful of ensuring that old save files work seamlessly with newer versions of the game.

Fortunately I have added a lot of new content to the early game. The maps are more polished, the battles are more challenging and there are new Pokemon up for grabs, including several new creations from Project X.

I will be continuing to work on this project in the coming months and expect to be updating more frequently from this point on.

Any feedback would be much appreciated as always!

POKEMON M (v 5.0)

This new update begins a new chapter of Pokemon M, taking place in the immediate aftermath of the encounter with Blaine in the Charred Canyon.

A New Chapter
Tensions have escalated between the scheming professors of the Jerboa Lab and the ruthless Team Kaiser. With a help of an unlikely ally, Subjects 88 and 89 are dispatched to Skylight City to defeat Team Kaiser once and for all.

The Proving Grounds
Fight for your place in Project M in the Proving Grounds of the Jerboa Lab. You and your fellow test subjects must battle one another to determine who is superior.

Explore Skylight City
The sprawling capital of the Sarapo Region that has fallen under the influence of Team Kaiser. The city is divided into the Uptown, Midtown and Downtown districts. Each of these three districts has its own Gym. Other landmarks include the Department Store, the Pokemon League Sarapo HQ and the Skylight Underground.

Become a Gym Leader
Claim the Downtown Gym in Skylight City as your own and make a name for yourself as the Sarapo Region's newest Gym Leader!

Last edited:

JackQ

Pokemon M
UPDATE: v 5.1

A relatively minor update, but I've added a number of small features to the game, including a revamp of the item selection available in the department store at Skylight City, as well as several new trainer battles in Nox Cave, Freecloud Apartments & Skylight Underground.

I've also made changes to the evolutionary criteria of Pokemon that can normally only be obtained by trade such as Alakazam and Machamp. These Pokemon can now be acquired through leveling. Enclosed with the latest version is a full list of the Pokemon whose evolutionary criteria has been changed.

Also fixed a few bugs and other scripting errors, most notably around the Rodeo Challenge and other events around Skylight City.

My next update will be a major one. I expect it to conclude the Skylight City arc of the game and begin the third and final act. As always, any feedback would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

ShinyMissingno

??? Pokémon
Oh man how did I miss that this game got an update?! So excited to give it a go~ Unfortunately it's midnight where I am so, alas, I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I'm not even upset about probably having to reset my file, this game is always a blast to play through~

JackQ

Pokemon M
NOTE - The previous version of the game I uploaded a few days ago contained a major bug that didn't trigger the conversation with Alice when the player first arrives in New Dawn City. I have fixed this and apologize if it caused anyone any problems. Things should be working properly now. The links have been updated:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hl3hl89udwwsnwn/Pokemon_M.rar/file
(v 5.1 fixed)

Oh man how did I miss that this game got an update?! So excited to give it a go~ Unfortunately it's midnight where I am so, alas, I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I'm not even upset about probably having to reset my file, this game is always a blast to play through~

Thanks so much man! I'm glad you're still hanging around and I can't wait to hear what you think of the new and improved Pokemon M! : )

Midori

Novice
Thank you so much for the update!!!!! I am looking so forward to playing it from the very beginning :D
Yours dearest
~Midori

JackQ

Pokemon M
Thanks everybody for your continued support and interest in the project. I'm adding the finishing touches to the new update, which will conclude the Skylight City arc of the game and add a number of new features and bug fixes. I'm aiming to have it released on Friday 13th of November.

JackQ

Pokemon M
Pokemon M v 6.0
I’m very excited to bring you all the latest release of Pokemon M. This new update will bring the Skylight City arc to a thrilling conclusion!

The Rise of Team Rocket
Giovanni is assembling a new team made up largely of dissastified and treacherous ex-Team Kaiser grunts. As his numbers grow, he prepares to openly challenge the Kaiser Boss, Malachi, for control of Skylight Cities criminal underworld.

Antonio
Underboss of Team Kaiser and Leader of the Midtown Gym. Antonio acts as Malachi’s chief enforcer and is the first line of attack when anyone threatens Team Kaiser’s interests in Skylight City.

The Kaiser Twins
Malachi’s daughters and Gym Leaders of the Uptown Gym. Although they are young children, they are powerful trainers, feared throughout Skylight City.

Malachi’s Estate
The lavish home of Team Kaiser Boss Malachi. A huge mansion, heavily guarded and built like a fortress. It will take large numbers and powerful Pokemon to lay siege to the estate and confront Malachi himself.

Malachi
Boss of Team Kaiser, former member of the Elite 4 and reputedly the most powerful trainer in the Sarapo Region. Only by defeating him can you carry out your mission and bring an end to Team Kaiser once and for all.

BONUS: Gerard & The House of the Dead
The late Gym Leader of Twilight Town was tragically murdered, but his spirit still lingers. If you manage to find his signet ring and bring to Audrey the Medium on Route 1, you may be able to commune with Gerard’s spirit and learn the truth of his murder.

This is a major update which sets everything up for the third and final act. I’m hoping for another update over Xmas. Thanks everybody for your patience. I work on this project alone so things sometimes take awhile to come together.

- JackQ

ShinyMissingno

??? Pokémon
Ooh, I do love updates, especially for this game~ Pardon me while I just... download this... And maybe actually get farther in the game instead of reset over and over, rip. Big excitement though~ This game's always been one of my favs.

JackQ

Pokemon M
Ooh, I do love updates, especially for this game~ Pardon me while I just... download this... And maybe actually get farther in the game instead of reset over and over, rip. Big excitement though~ This game's always been one of my favs.

Cheers! Glad you're still hanging around! And don't worry - Your old save should be 100% compatible with the new update. Look forward to hearing what you think!

Bernou

Rookie
Very good fangame, I really enjoyed playing the demo!
Are you planning to create a discord server? It should be a good way to share little updates step by step.

JackQ

Pokemon M
Very good fangame, I really enjoyed playing the demo!
Are you planning to create a discord server? It should be a good way to share little updates step by step.
Thanks so much for playing. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I'll definitely be looking at creating a discord server in the near future. I also hope to have a new update by the end of March.

TofuGamer

Rookie
Well, I´m playing in 2021. The game is awesome, the story is very good, original and interesting.
I´ll be waiting for an update, I see a good future for this game.
The Mew is not broken at all, I had problems a lot of times (good reason to capture more pokémon) to win, and that´s not bad in my opinion.

TofuGamer

Rookie
Well, I´m playing in 2021. The game is awesome, the story is very good, original and interesting.
I´ll be waiting for an update, I see a good future for this game.
The Mew is not broken at all, I had problems a lot of times (good reason to capture more pokémon) to win, and that´s not bad in my opinion.

JackQ

Pokemon M
Just adding some finishing touches to the new update. I expect to have it released in the next few days. Thanks everybody for your patience

JackQ

Pokemon M
POKEMON M v 7.0

Apologies for the delay, but I’m pleased to announce that version 7.0 of Pokemon M is now live and ready for download. This update includes some exciting new story developments. Although I couldn’t include everything I wanted to in this new release, I’ve got a lot of exciting ideas for the future. I look forward to hearing your feedback!

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9441sjx4vz6ualf/Pokemon_M.rar/file

Explore Cinnabar Island
A remote and sparsely populated island in the Kanto region. It is here that the scientists from Jerboa Island have begun work on their most ambitious experiment to date.

The Pokemon Mansion
A large estate belonging to Professor Sugi, which has become his new base of operations. You and your fellow test subjects are responsible for ensuring no intruders are permitted to infiltrate the mansion and interfere with the experiment.

Mewtwo
A terrifying genetically modified clone of Mew, created by Project X under Professor Sugi’s supervision. With the help of Professor Ebony and Subject 90, Sugi hopes to control the creature and turn it into the lab’s ultimate weapon. But will it be possible to maintain control such a powerful Pokemon?

The Past
As Ebony’s power over you wanes, old memories begin to resurface, giving you your first glimpse of the life you left behind and the events leading to your abduction by the lab.

~ Screenshots ~
6HZCicP.png

rLLKTMa.png

IQVpATz.png

42qFuqn.png

gcgcX7C.png

Last edited:

TofuGamer

Rookie
I have to admit that each time I advance the game, the more I want to play it. The story gets better and better, the characters are interesting and even endearing, the immersion is quite good.
In this little update patch, I reminded myself why I still have the Clefable that a certain character gifted us - we haven't found that character yet. The story in the Cinnabar mansion also seems attractive to me, mostly because it is a prequel game to the first generation games (I am interested in what you have planned for us, no doubt). I need to know what happened after I beat that boss, I have a lot of hype.
Speaking of the boss, I wanted to clarify something that I do not know if it is a bug or not: SPOILER Mewtwo did not stop attacking my Clefable, who had maximum evasion (so he was not hitting) while my partner's Starmie attacked with Surf. I won very easily, but I don't know if it was luck or the AI.
I hope it helps you, you know that as a fan I support you!
Greetings.

Back