• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Looker

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Untitled.png
Credit to "topher147" for the badge and credit to "xUMG" for the logo.

Hey everyone.
This game is based on the character that first appeared in the gen 4 Pokémon games: Looker.
You will play as Looker and go through the rough training that the International Police has prepared for all the trainees, but that's not all.
Are you ready to jump in the adventure?

Storyline​
The game starts with you choosing your starter Pokemon from Prof. Oak.
Then you start your training to become an international Police officer, you'll need to collect all the gym badges in the Kanto Region and then beat the elite four and champion, then you need to confront Giovanni and bring the Team Rocket operation down.
After that you travel to other regions to investigate some criminals.

Content​
Two Regions
(Explore a new Kanto and the new Namuki Region)
Two starters (Growlithe & Croagunk)
New storyline
No rival
Raised difficulty
Pokemon from Gen-1 to Gen-5 (I'll add Gen-6 later)
8 gyms or maybe less, play to find out

Screenshots:

LsKNMkf.png
NqVsZ34.png
hlPSx9M.png
yGCPuWK.png
4xryQx7.png
d1ZgezF.png
dQBCNFs.png
H5RDwgC.png
xEEinHF.png

Team Name:
International Police Team

Team Members:​
Me: Lead Dev, Mapper, Writer, Eventer
xUMG: Co-Lead Developer
DragonScaleSpriter: Spriter
Droid779: Spriter
Ginko: Spriter, Writer, Composer
Hollow Ego: Coder
UltraSonicHero: Composer
Prankster20: Writer
TSC: Mapper

Curt for the Kanto maps
Poccil, Maruno and Flameguru for Pokemon Essentials
Playability:​
BETA 2.5 ends after you beat Lt. Surge.

Known Bugs/Glitches:

Downloads​
BETA 2.5:
Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/151huHnEHRHkOvg6ZkCjozjwrzPcCgAQw/view?usp=drivesdk
Mediafire:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/v2p4fkogmb0qszq/Pokemon+Looker+BETA+2.5.zip
If you find any bugs please report them to me.

Pokecommunity thread:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=403849

This Pokemon fan game was made with the essentials starter kit so here's the link to the essentials wiki:
http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_Essentials_Wiki

Searching for a spriter, if you happen to be one and want to help me finish this project, please contact me at : tztiagozadra@hotmail.com

Check out our Twitter account: Pokemon Looker (@LookerPokemon): https://twitter.com/LookerPokemon?s=09

Join our discord server:
https://discord.gg/BnzjEkV

Not affiliated with Nintendo or GameFreak

Last edited:

Zanza

Rookie
I've played a tiny bit of the game, but first I'm going to comment on a few things I noticed about the actual thread. For screenshots I recommend using imgur (that's what I personally use) it's a super simple image hosting website but it allows you to put screenshots in the thread without needing to have people click links. Secondly the story sounds kinda cool, but the idea of going through Kanto again with what looks like default graphics doesn't seem too exciting. Look at other games that feature Kanto, Infinite fusion has the fusing gimmick that makes everything waay different. And the fan remakes of gen 1 (can't think of them off the top of my head right now) have gen 5 style graphics, really cool new UI with the DS style screens. I think a story like yours would fit better in a new region made around this story, maybe even ditch the concept of gyms be as creative as possible.
Now with the actual game I have a few comments, I do really like the starters Growlithe is always cool, but Crogunk is a really under appreciated Pokemon so it's cool seeing it as a starter. When I went to route 1 however I ran into Pokemon outside of the grass so it seems like you have set up route 1 as a cave? This generally would be okay or just whatever but there is also grass so the issue is consistency the player sees grass and thinks it's a normal route, but than bam wild pokemon outside of grass. The Pokemon I did encounter where also way over leveled (around 10 levels higher) causing me to black out in the first encounter and when it was all over I came back on a black map. Overall I see some potential with this but I really do think you need to take time and refine the idea maybe make an original region with your own plot. I really hope this comment doesn't come off as mean I really hope you're able to make something super cool!

Destryer

Novice
I've played a tiny bit of the game, but first I'm going to comment on a few things I noticed about the actual thread. For screenshots I recommend using imgur (that's what I personally use) it's a super simple image hosting website but it allows you to put screenshots in the thread without needing to have people click links. Secondly the story sounds kinda cool, but the idea of going through Kanto again with what looks like default graphics doesn't seem too exciting. Look at other games that feature Kanto, Infinite fusion has the fusing gimmick that makes everything waay different. And the fan remakes of gen 1 (can't think of them off the top of my head right now) have gen 5 style graphics, really cool new UI with the DS style screens. I think a story like yours would fit better in a new region made around this story, maybe even ditch the concept of gyms be as creative as possible.
Now with the actual game I have a few comments, I do really like the starters Growlithe is always cool, but Crogunk is a really under appreciated Pokemon so it's cool seeing it as a starter. When I went to route 1 however I ran into Pokemon outside of the grass so it seems like you have set up route 1 as a cave? This generally would be okay or just whatever but there is also grass so the issue is consistency the player sees grass and thinks it's a normal route, but than bam wild pokemon outside of grass. The Pokemon I did encounter where also way over leveled (around 10 levels higher) causing me to black out in the first encounter and when it was all over I came back on a black map. Overall I see some potential with this but I really do think you need to take time and refine the idea maybe make an original region with your own plot. I really hope this comment doesn't come off as mean I really hope you're able to make something super cool!
Thanks for letting me know.
I'm working on a new BETA to fix all those issues with over leveled Pokemon and that blank map you were talking about.
I'm also planning on releasing a new version, with the "outside platinum tileset".
I also thought about making my own region and I will, but you travel to that region later on to investigate some criminal.
I still thank you soo much for replying to this thread and reporting the glitches you found.
PS: I'm looking for some sprites of Looker in the style of platinum when he is running, if you have any or if you could rip them and send them to me I would be so greatful.------------------------
One last thing, how do you put the screenshots directly in the thread without any link (with imgur)?

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!
when you upload a pic there should be something like "share link"
just copy the one for bb codes
then back on relic search for the "Insert edit image" 2 left of "Insert edit link"
past it in and remove the
Code:
Expand Collapse Copy
[img]
before it and after it
that's all

Destryer

Novice
when you upload a pic there should be something like "share link"
just copy the one for bb codes
then back on relic search for the "Insert edit image" 2 left of "Insert edit link"
past it in and remove the
Code:
Expand Collapse Copy
[img]
before it and after it
that's all
I can't remove the

Destryer

Novice
you should be able to do so once you pasted it in and before clicking insert
While I'm trying to edit the thread, the "img" doesn't apper, but after editing It, the "img" is in the post, so I try to edit it again, and the disappears, so I stop editing and the [img] appears.
Why?
And
What does "bb" mean?------------------------
GREAT NEWS!
Just finished fixing the issues about over leveled Pokemon and the Pokemon appearing outside of the grass.
Will release the BETA with all those fixes when I finish doing a little bit more with the story.
If you encounter any other bugs/glitches , please let me know.

Destryer

Novice
can you make a .gba or .gbc file
I can't.
And making a rom hack for this is quite hard.
I started with a rom hack, but I soon realised that it would have been too complicated, although I've always asked my self:
Nintendo and Game Freak make games on rpgxp, but then the games become gba, how do they do that?

Destryer

Novice

BETA 2 is available for download, all the bugs you reported have been fixed and you can play a lot more of the game

Destryer

Novice
Will continue working on the game when my vacation ends, so in about a week.
I have already done some things for BETA 3 and I've done my first ever cutscene wich looks quite good, I just need to add some music to it, it's weird without music.
I want to add music to the game.
You'll probably see some music with BETA 3

Destryer

Novice
Just uploaded a new version: it's BETA 2.5.
You might ask yourselves "why did I upload BETA 2.5?"
Answer:
Because I recently got a report from someone saying that there was a bug in Viridian Forest with a trainer, and it was impossible to continue from there.
Although I couldn't find the reason for the issue, so I made some new trainer events (the trainer events that I was using before were already in the game for whatever reason), and it seems to be working well.
Unfortunately I didn't get the chance tu insert some music in the game, but not to worry I will be adding music for BETA 3 if nothing goes wrong.

Last edited:

Destryer

Novice
In BETA 3 you'll see some d/p/pt tiles, although not all the tiles will be changed directly, the tiles will be changed gradually (ex. I'll first of all change the grass tiles and the tree tiles for BETA 3, then for BETA 4 I'll change something else.

Back