• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Rusty

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
06/08/19 Status: Development still in progress.

Pokémon Rusty, a game based on an animated Pokémon YouTube series made by the Dorkly company.

Overview:

A trainer named Rusty dumb enough to call his "Kakuna" Pikachu goes on an adventure to become the very best best trainer. While adventuring through the Kanto Region he accidentally creates the most powerful Pokémon in ever existence, Perfect Bidoof, in which he likes to call Peanut Butter. In order to stop Perfect Bidoof's plan to enslave the entire world, Trainers that Rusty has met gathered, they sent Rusty back in time using Palkia as a base for a time machine in order to stop Perfect Bidoof.

Screenshots:

FAzhlbs.png
pI8cZ3i.png
dmsZIhn.png
m3cWoG1.png
wEqdH6a.png
7tWD5V3.png

Credits:

no copyright infringement is intended on the makes of the game, please support the official releases.
Just to be clear, I do not work with the Dorkly Bits company.

Pokémon Rusty by
Dorkly Bits

Pokémon Essentials by
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

Scripts/Resources by
KleinStudio
Speed-up in Debug

Luka S.J.
Ultimate Title Screen
Modular Title Screen

DerxwnaKapsyla
Implementing missing sound effects

CITGProductions
Pokemon Silicon, Day Care Music

Pokémon by
Game Freak
Nintendo
Creatures Inc.

RPG Maker XP by
Enterbrain

Team Members
• xUMG - *events, *sprites, *maps
• Ampharos 2.0 - *events, *maps
• Haunted Ditto - *sprites
• ZmeyKolbasnik - *tester, *theme_recognizer

With contributions from
leilou - Deleting a Specific Pokémon
MGriffin - Changing Party Postion
Hollow_Ego - Coding

If you do find bugs, wrong grammar, or anything like those, please contact me here or on discord xUMG#4982

Download: v1.0
Mediafire

~Change Log

This map contains areas where there are in-game scenes happening.
Your current goal is to get to Pokémon Tower;
okk1PgQ.png

Imgur link ~here

We are also looking to recruit members,
check it out!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1628

Update 2

Changes:
  • Added new Pokémon called Snorcrash.
  • Balanced Encounter and Trainer battles.
  • Improved cutscenes.
  • Demo now ends in "Snorcrash" episode.
  • Bug fixes.
[btn=#ffcc33|http://www.mediafire.com/file/w6hr7t85hp9a9rd/Pok%C3%A9mon_Rusty.rar]Mediafire[/btn]

I decided not to have multiple download links.
I shall play it when I get home.------------------------But I am wondering. Do you plan on adapting the whole series into a game? Either way I'm excited to play it. I really enjoyed Pokemon Rusty.

D

Deleted member 1628

So I played a bit of your game. It is very faithful to the series it's based on. But I think the grammar, punctuation, and capitalization could use some work. I notice multiple instances where the wrong kind of "your" was used or the letter "i" was lowercase when it should have been capitalized. But you can correct that in future updates.

xUMG

Hoho-oh?
So I played a bit of your game. It is very faithful to the series it's based on. But I think the grammar, punctuation, and capitalization could use some work. I notice multiple instances where the wrong kind of "your" was used or the letter "i" was lowercase when it should have been capitalized. But you can correct that in future updates.

I wouldn't wanna fix those yet, You see i wrote the exact same thing in the subtitles written on YouTube.

Pokemonfan1

Rookie
I can’t figure out how to upload a screenshot but it says “RGSS102E.dll could not be found.”

Last edited:

Achohermano

Novice
Ouh, looks cool! Do you need any help at something? I would like to help in the project

Jake darkstar

Rookie
Hey! I'm not much of a technical guy so I wanted to know if we can play it on Android and if we can, what kind of emu or player do we need

D

Deleted member 1628

Hey! I'm not much of a technical guy so I wanted to know if we can play it on Android and if we can, what kind of emu or player do we need
It's an RPG Maker game. So simply put, you can't play it on an Android phone. You need a Windows PC.

xUMG

Hoho-oh?
It's an RPG Maker game. So simply put, you can't play it on an Android phone. You need a Windows PC.

Hey, thanks for answering the question while I didn't realize it, but that asides,

Updated link in the main thread.
I just made more progress, so here's more updates.

Changes:
  • Changed intro scene, so it looks more like the original games now.
  • Made the game look more like FireRed.
  • Changed battle scene for the Rival battle on Route 1. (See on the new screenshots for more information)
  • Demo now ends in "Celadon Mall" episode.
  • More grammar fix, the ones that I missed from the last update.
  • Bug fixes.
Well since I saw this video on YT I was quite inspired to continue and try to finish the game, I also am better at grammar punctuation now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1628

The sign in Beige Town still says "Pallet Town", just thought I'd point that out. I just got through Celadon Mall. Since you worked on stuff like the grammar, and other updates, the game is so much more enjoyable, and it's quite faithful to the original series as well. Really good job.

Artificial666

Rookie
Whenever I enter Route 1, he stops in the first patch of grass and starts saying "No" and then stops moving. Never recovers from this glitch. Is there any way to fix this?

xUMG

Hoho-oh?
Whenever I enter Route 1, he stops in the first patch of grass and starts saying "No" and then stops moving. Never recovers from this glitch. Is there any way to fix this?

I don't get it, could you try to get a screenshot of it?
That glitch isn't on my end so I don't see any problem.

Edit: Oops, sorry, my bad, I left an event open. Wait a sec and I'll make a new download link for the game.
Edit 2: Ok, now just re-download the game, it should be fine.

I'm so sorry :sweat:

Another unexpected update because of that.

Changes:
  • A new bottle graphic added at "Team Rocket HQ".
  • Fixed glitch on Route 1, that prevents progressing through the game.
  • Some improvements on the "Team Rocket HQ" cutscene.

Last edited:

Artificial666

Rookie
I don't get it, could you try to get a screenshot of it?
That glitch isn't on my end so I don't see any problem.

Edit: Oops, sorry, my bad, I left an event open. Wait a sec and I'll make a new download link for the game.
Edit 2: Ok, now just re-download the game, it should be fine.

I'm so sorry :sweat:

Another unexpected update because of that.

Changes:
  • A new bottle graphic added at "Team Rocket HQ".
  • Fixed glitch on Route 1, that prevents progressing through the game.
  • Some improvements on the "Team Rocket HQ" cutscene.
! There is not enough space on the disk.
Write error in the file Pokémon Rusty\Graphics\Transitions\smC0.png. Probably the disk is full

Whenever I try to move the new download I get this error. If I start the game it says RGSS102E.dll could not be found. Thank you for all your hard work!

xUMG

Hoho-oh?
Write error in the file Pokémon Rusty\Graphics\Transitions\smC0.png. Probably the disk is full

Whenever I try to move the new download I get this error. If I start the game it says RGSS102E.dll could not be found. Thank you for all your hard work!

Ok... Huh.. another error, I made sure this time I played the game, my team members have too, but the error isn't happening on our end here, sorry. I can't really do anything about it. Another person reported me that RGSS102E error as well but I don't know how to fix that sorry.

I guess try to re-download it again? Or as you say, your device may not have enough space?
While you're at it try to get a clean copy of my game without the save file, the save file is located at C:\Users\ACER\Saved Games\Pokémon Rusty just delete the files located there, that's the case if you did save in-game.

Violet

Hydreigon Cultist
hahahhahahahahha AWESOME

Back