• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Pokemon Unknown

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
Ji8vlLr.png

Hey Guys.

BluePlays Here! So I have been working on a game called Pokemon Tungsten and I got really bored of it. I might go back to it later though. Soooo... I decided to start a new project, Pokemon Unknown. Here it is in all of its glory. (ha, not really...)

Plot
You are just another average kid living in just another average town with just another average family. You thought your life wasn't important and you thought you were just something small part of something huge. You had wished to know what you were a part of and what your purpose was. Then you get a large package from your dad, who is on holiday in a tropical region. In the package is of an odd shaped key-stone. You place it on a shelf in your room where it sits for about a year. Then one night you wake up to this off key-stone shaking around and glowing a strange purple. You pick it up and start to look at it wondering what could be happening. Then the key-stone floats out of your hand and flies through your window, shattering it completely. You pear out the window to see a strange purple being then emerge from the key-stone. This weird being floats of and starts to wreck havoc all throughout the region. You can't help but feel responsible for it and so you want to stop it. You go visit the local professor to see if she knows anything about it. And so your adventure begins!

Features
There aren't that many features in this project, but this is what I got so far.
[W.I.P]- A Pokedex comprised of Fakemon and Pokemon from gens 1-6.
[COMPLETE]-EBS System (Awesome script)
[COMPLETE]-Generation 6 Pokemon, with Gen 6 moves and abilities.
[W.I.P]- A clean 4th gen style, with custom graphics.
MORE FEATURES COMING SOON!
Type changes
Larvitar and evos - Dragon/Rock types
Goomy and evos - Dragon/Bug types
Growlithe and evo - Fire/Normal types

Screenshots
Screenshots are subject to change. Overworld is temporary, will be changed to custom graphic soon.
EvZRDHp.png
JoOVpy7.png

OJUbSau.png
Q9GrdX5.png

FUgk7g4.png
dHVyuc8.png

Credits
(I did my very best to credit everyone I could, if there is someone I missed contact me immediately and I will give proper credits! Please forgive me)
Huge thanks to anyone in the future who will help me with critiques and any tips on how to improve the game!
Elite Battle System
Sprites:
GameFreak- Original sprites from B/W/2 games
Pokecheck.org- Ripping sprites from B2/W2 roms
Luka S.J.- Indexing and formatting the sprites
dragonite (lucy)- GIF to PNG converter! Thanks alot!
Tebited15- B/W styled trainer Red sprite
Sprites Resource (redblueyellow)- Gen 5 ball sprites
Battle Background:
Eli- Ripping and compiling the backgrounds
Custom UI:
Luka S.J.- Design, formatting and implementation
Scripts:
Luka S.J.- Elite Battle System 2015
Luka S.J.- Additional sprite manipulation methods and all new BitmapWrappers
Luka S.J.- EditorScripts modification + PBS/pokemon.txt repositions
Maruno- General help and support
dragonnite (Lucy)- GIF to PNG converter
Pokemon Essentials (Maruno + Poccil + Flameguru +contibutors)- Base system
Sound Effects:
GameFreak- Original sound effects from B/W/2 games
BadSamaritan- Ripping the sound effects

Graphics
LightSword- Forest entrance tiles.
Magiscarf- Bunch o' free tiles
Calis Project- Tiles
ChaoticCherryCake- Tiles
Phyromatical- BW tiles!
Zeo254- Tiles
Kyle-Dove- Tiles
Evolina-Tiles
WesleyFG-Tiles
Dewitty-Tiles
GameFreak and Nintendo- Tiles/ Battle backgrounds and everything else! Thanks alot Gamefreak and Nintendo!
Smogon XY sprite Project and everyone that contributed to that! Thanks!

Download
There is no current download for this game but there will be at some point. Aiming for December 2017, but no promises.

Last edited:

Ned

[Enter Custom Title Here]
I have updated some of the screenshots, these are only of the maps because i have yet to complete my custom UI and fakemon. When those are done I will have more screenshots.
agcRtB8.png
vvDHOST.png
jadrcUL.png
rmFFUBe.png
WGRFpVl.png

EDIT: More Screenshots!
N6FaLju.png
Mb8iPdd.png
andiaC4.png

Last edited:

Djaco75

MasterMind
This game looks amazing, both in maps and in story aspects. I'd just like to share a few things that could be of use to you.

1. The maps look really detailed and intricate. I really appreciate this, because many fan games lack in map detail, something which you have certainly overcome.
2. The plot and story look interesting and intriguing. I like that you have utilised the odd keystone in your story and logo. It provokes a lot of mystery.
3. With the bar at the top of the screen, maybe you can put a thin outline there. At first, I thought there was a random Ampharos in the corner. It may just cause a little confusion.
4. Just to clarify, are your Gen 6 Pokemon in the 3D form or in the pixel art? Just asking 'caus it looks really inconsistent when there is a mix of the two.

However, the game looks really impressive and I hope you finish it soon so I can enjoy it! Good luck with the production!

NurseEthi

Novice
The maps here look really good I love that they are so detailed and full of stuff everywhere with plenty of walking space! (And not an excess of grass everywhere, too!)

The plot sounds like it has a good beginning to it and I'm wondering how this thing is going to craft a full game worth of material. It has me wondering if this could be shortened into a really fast game of hide and seek with no substance, or if this will lead to a much bigger plot over the horizon that I can not see yet because I'm not there experiencing yet. I find that exciting that from right now, it sounds like it could be either one!

I can't wait to hear more about this game as it progresses!

Reactions: Ned
Back