• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Five Nights with Eevee's

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Version

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
85829643_BR09Mg443EHcLeC.jpg

Five Nights with Eevee's
by StarWolff
Made with RPG Maker MV

A game inspired by the Five Nights at Freddy's series made in 20 few days for Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 (it will be updated after the jam)
Contains loud death jumpscares
You are a night guard working for a famous organization that is reviving Pokémon by transforming them in animatronics, You have to work there for five six nights with these creatures, but something seems wrong with them, your only hope is to survive until 6AM.

Five Nights at Freddy's is a series of horror games where you have to survive for five nights (with a secret 6 night). It can be a bit confusing at first, since the games never hand you the mechanics or story, but it's all there, hidden. The enemies and dificulty increase with each night, so it may start a bit boring until you reach higher nights.

Theme:
I took the idea that the legendary beasts burned in the bell tower were eeveelutions as base, in the game, instead of Ho-oh reviving them, they were brought to life with technology.

Screenshots:
85829710_aQPcIYRijPmZJ70.png

Eevee: Appears only when the battery reaches 0% (I reccomend testing this one, it works like the OG freddy and I love it)
Vaporeon and Flareon: Approaches from the corridors, close the door
Jolteon: Click on the Reboot buttom to recharge the blue machine
Espeon: Do not flash a light on it
Umbreon: Flash light for it to go away
Glaceon and Leafeon: Approaches from the corridors, They move faster when the temperature is too high or low
Sylveon: it moves when you are using the camera
Marshadow: It can't kill you, it appears to activate all the animatronics at the same time :)

if you close the game it won't save, If you do happen to loose your save file, you can click the "Night" on the game screen to skip the nights

Download (Mega)
Old Download (for JAM)
Resource Pack (Mega)

Developed by StarWolff

Engine: RPG Maker MV
Kadokawa

Plugins:
TDDP Mouse System EX
Tor Damian Design

Title Command Position
Yoji Ojima

Soundtrack:
Pokémon HGSS

Sound Effects:
Pokémon Company
Free Sound Effects channel

Graphics:
StarWolff

Characters:
Pokémon Company

Last edited:
just played through all 5 nights! Very cool game, big recommend!
Some thoughts:
JOKES, I BEAT ALL 6 NIGHTS BECAUSE IM A GAMER!
(however I did exploit either the enormous amount of energy, or the fact that closing doors doesnt use energy, to just keep the doors closed the whole time)

Super super super cool game, it is entirely anxiety inducing, but it plays in a very cool way. I like how each of the robots act in varied enough ways that actually force the player to play in a more complex way that's actually engaging and not just "oh now I have 2 switches to flip instead of 1". I know the whole FNAF thing isn't an original idea, but it really felt like I was playing a well designed indie game with interesting mechanics.

only thing I have to be critical of is the jolteon mechanics, it felt really unintuitive to me that the plugs were interactable, since my understand was that I was just looking at an ipad screen. Maybe having the plugs have a special highlighted glow when active would make it more intuitive, and the same glow could be added to the door buttons and the heater for consistency.

Super well done that, this is a jam game that's going to stick in my memory just because how fun and creative it is. I hope you're proud of what you've made because you should be.

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
just played through all 5 nights! Very cool game, big recommend!
Some thoughts:
JOKES, I BEAT ALL 6 NIGHTS BECAUSE IM A GAMER!
(however I did exploit either the enormous amount of energy, or the fact that closing doors doesnt use energy, to just keep the doors closed the whole time)

Super super super cool game, it is entirely anxiety inducing, but it plays in a very cool way. I like how each of the robots act in varied enough ways that actually force the player to play in a more complex way that's actually engaging and not just "oh now I have 2 switches to flip instead of 1". I know the whole FNAF thing isn't an original idea, but it really felt like I was playing a well designed indie game with interesting mechanics.

only thing I have to be critical of is the jolteon mechanics, it felt really unintuitive to me that the plugs were interactable, since my understand was that I was just looking at an ipad screen. Maybe having the plugs have a special highlighted glow when active would make it more intuitive, and the same glow could be added to the door buttons and the heater for consistency.

Super well done that, this is a jam game that's going to stick in my memory just because how fun and creative it is. I hope you're proud of what you've made because you should be.
Thanks for playing, it was super fun to watch the live stream! (even if I can't interact bcz I lost my password ^^')
yeah I wanted to try to keep as close as a FNAF game as possible, even if it's not an original idea and I had never questioned the ipad interaction mechanic, but you are completely right, it doesn't make sense at all! XD
I'll try to make things more intuitive when I get to fixing the bugs since I noticed this is the biggest flaw of the game, but overall yes! I'm very happy with it and I do have plans for other interesting projects as well.

ranko

The Wind and Snow Continue to Stare
Expo Team
Hey! I played the 1st night of your game, and then I got so creeped out (take it as a compliment) I had to get my friend to finish it for me lol. Unfortunately, because of that I can't give you a more personal review compared to the other titles I played this year, but I'll try!

Keep in mind I've never played a FNAF game, so my opinion is going to be a little difference. The micromanagement factor of the game was really cool and well done! It got kind of really intense and crazy near the end trying to maintain battery power, and understanding what action you have to do to ward off every Eevee. I think the setting and the direction of the game was extremely well done, and the gameplay really comes together and works cohesively. Of course, the fact that I actually had to put down the game because it creeped me out too much (i scream at the jumpscares) means that you know, the game actually makes me feel something.

If there were extra time, I'd love to see more notes and lore for the game, maybe with them doubling as directions to how to ward them off too. I think it was a missed opportunity for the directions being in the thread itself lol. I also think the game goes from horror to APM simulator at the later nights (friend played MOBA games good and he was clicking all over the place). I think some kind of momentary break or relief, or some kind of universal failsafe to let the player get their bearings a bit would be great for slower players instead of having to wonder gamer it up for the entire session straight, and you could introduce more story and worldbuilding there too! That would be my only suggestion or critique

I think you hit really well this project!

Last edited:

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
Hey! I played the 1st night of your game, and then I got so creeped out (take it as a compliment) I had to get my friend to finish it for me lol. Unfortunately, because of that I can't give you a more personal review compared to the other titles I played this year, but I'll try!

Keep in mind I've never played a FNAF game, so my opinion is going to be a little difference. The micromanagement factor of the game was really cool and well done! It got kind of really intense and crazy near the end trying to maintain battery power, and understanding what action you have to do to ward off every Eevee. I think the setting and the direction of the game was extremely well done, and the gameplay really comes together and works cohesively. Of course, the fact that I actually had to put down the game because it creeped me out too much (i scream at the jumpscares) means that you know, the game actually makes me feel something.

If there were extra time, I'd love to see more notes and lore for the game, maybe with them doubling as directions to how to ward them off too. I think it was a missed opportunity for the directions being in the thread itself lol. I also think the game goes from horror to APM simulator at the later nights (friend played MOBA games good and he was clicking all over the place). I think some kind of momentary break or relief, or some kind of universal failsafe to let the player get their bearings a bit would be great for slower players instead of having to wonder gamer it up for the entire session straight, and you could introduce more story and worldbuilding there too! That would be my only suggestion or critique

I think you hit really well this project!
Thanks for the review! I did intended to draw instruction notes for the game, but I didn't knew if it would fit the time ^^'
But I do plan on adding this and a few adjustments after the jam review ends ^^

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
Game updated!
  • Boltseon got more intuitive
  • Glaceon and Leafeon have a active role
  • Espeon and Umbreon more "fair"
  • "Cutscenes!"

(old version still avaliable until the end of JAM)

Back