• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
PokéUpdater

Resource PokéUpdater 2.1.1

kingdomharms

Novice
I'm pretty sure I set this up correctly but I'm getting a download error instantly upon trying to update my game. It gets as far as closing the game window and opening PokeUpdater.exe, and then throws the "An error has occurred while downloading the new version." error.

edit: Turns out it's an issue with Google Drive. Uploading the file to Mediafire worked.

Last edited:

kingdomharms

Novice
Alright I have a different problem. Someone trying to play my game is receiving an "undefined method 'strip' for nil:Nil Class" no method error when attempting to launch my game. I can't replicate the issue and no one else I'm aware of has this issue. Any ideas?

dpertierra

Novice
dpertierra updated PokéUpdater with a new update entry:

PokéUpdater

The new 2.0.2 release includes a revamped UI, now it does not require the pastebin to only have the updater data, it can have any data as long as it has the GAME_VERSION and DOWNLOAD_URL lines, you can also now have multiple DOWNLOAD_URL lines with different download hosts and the user will be able to choose which one to use.

Read the rest of this update entry...

systeromen_

Novice
Could it download from a Github release?

Beyond this, when downloading, I got an error that ".DS_Store" already exists, so it can't be replaced.

If you have a multiple saves script that saves to a folder in the game directory, it will delete your saves.

When finishing, its only moving some files to the main folder, deleting what is already there, and some files in temp will just disappear, so the game no longer works.

Last edited:

dpertierra

Novice
dpertierra updated PokéUpdater with a new update entry:

PokéUpdater

There have been 3 releases since I posted an update here, the link always points to the latest release anyways with the change logs but here are the updates:

VERSION 2.1.1
  • Added fix for crash when trying to update without internet

VERSION 2.1.0
This release is more of a behind the scenes update, it has the following fixes
  • Simplify the file copying and deleting process
  • Fix clean up process by creating and executing a batch script, the code of the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

dpertierra

Novice
Could it download from a Github release?

Beyond this, when downloading, I got an error that ".DS_Store" already exists, so it can't be replaced.

If you have a multiple saves script that saves to a folder in the game directory, it will delete your saves.

When finishing, its only moving some files to the main folder, deleting what is already there, and some files in temp will just disappear, so the game no longer works.
Regarding the .DS_Store files, I will see if I'm ignoring all dot files or only git ones, the moving files should be improved with the latest release.

Regarding downloads from github is something that I have to look into but I haven't yet

Back